Update 2.1.18

Yes, @borski - I’ll do that this weekend.
Well, I tried to trigger that ‘unable to switch back to CarPlay’ bug and record it, but was unable to repro it. I assume that the hard reset from updating my iPhone to iOS 16.6.1 yesterday must have ‘cleaned up’ some state that was causing the problem.

So, all good now!

My loaner's been asking me to update and I'm glad I ignored the request.
Ran into an interesting challenge yesterday for the loaner:
Situation: Loaner parked and locked. Upon return, I could not unlock the car with the fob
Objective facts: It's a loaner so I had no valet card or mobile key. The area had poor cell signal and my calls to Lucid failed repeatedly.
Solution: ???

My loaner's been asking me to update and I'm glad I ignored the request.
Ran into an interesting challenge yesterday for the loaner:
Situation: Loaner parked and locked. Upon return, I could not unlock the car with the fob
Objective facts: It's a loaner so I had no valet card or mobile key. The area had poor cell signal and my calls to Lucid failed repeatedly.
Solution: ???
Use the dead battery key fob technique. Press hard on the driver door handle for about three seconds while holding the fob below the camera on the pillar.

Use the dead battery key fob technique. Press hard on the driver door handle for about three seconds while holding the fob below the camera on the pillar.
Gosh, I completely forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.
It was like 106 yesterday when this happened and maybe the heat made me foggy.
I knew it was the battery but of course I didn't have any spare with me.
Fortunately, I managed to get a ride home to replace the battery.
Thanks again.

Just went to the loaner and saw that it was updating!
I assume Lucid must have initiated the process.
Good thing I don't need to drive it now.

Just got 2 1 18. All my phone contacts are gone. Now, it doesn't recognize my wife's phone. Now that's robust!
Just remove then reinstall. That should fix it.

Would not recommend this.
I did this in front of the tech and broke the door handle right in front of him.
The easiest way is you walk up to the car, push the handle in (it'll stay pushed in)
Then push the fob against the corner area of the mirror and the door (I can post pictures if needed)
Car unlocks

Any resistance against a handle that is pushing out at you, breaks it. It's not very robust

Please post a picture of this solution. I have never heard of this method.

Please post a picture of this solution. I have never heard of this method.
Screenshot_20230728_213442_Gallery.webp

There is a video of it on www.lucidupdates.com in the FAQ section.
I may make a new video, mine behaves much differently... I wonder if there's an AGT different from Dream? My handle literally goes inside and sticks like that inside. Always has.

So that first step of pushing it in for 3 seconds and waiting doesn't work and never has.

I may make a new video, mine behaves much differently... I wonder if there's an AGT different from Dream? My handle literally goes inside and sticks like that inside. Always has.

So that first step of pushing it in for 3 seconds and waiting doesn't work and never has.
I’m happy to add your video to the FAQ.

Pushing in is only to wake the car up. If it doesn't work, ask service for a new fob because yours is defective.

Pushing in is only to wake the car up. If it doesn't work, ask service for a new fob because yours is defective.
All my fobs work because I had them replaced from the last time I tried. But now they all work in successfully waking the car up if the fob is dead.
But pushing in the handle still keeps it stuck in.

I'll make a video later today.

Pushing in my driver's handle will keep it stuck in and not wake. If I push in my passenger handle, it will wake the car. If my car is awake, pushing in the driver's handle will unlock.

I provided details and video to Lucid Engineering at their request.

Back