Tire Changing Jack Thread

HariK

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Pure AWD Ioniq 5 Sienna
Referral Code
6GGPB14C
I forgot to tell you. Christopher in the Millbrae service told me that the only jack they recommend is to use 2 3 ton Jacks to lift both front or both rear to replace the wheel with spare and said that I should call mobile service to do it and not to use 2 ton scissor jack for 1 wheel. That was a bummer for all of us who bought ezspare

I forgot to tell you. Christopher in the Millbrae service told me that the only jack they recommend is to use 2 3 ton Jacks to lift both front or both rear to replace the wheel with spare and said that I should call mobile service to do it and not to use 2 ton scissor jack for 1 wheel. That was a bummer for all of us who bought ezspare
Can we use two jacks then?

I’m kind of slow here. Just want to confirm that we need to use 2 jacks, one on each side, 3 ton capacity each?
Thanks.

I’m kind of slow here. Just want to confirm that we need to use 2 jacks, one on each side, 3 ton capacity each?
Thanks.
I think the risk of using only one jack is you might damage the frame.

Thanks. I didn’t think of that possibility, having not owned any vehicle this heavy until now.
The frunk can accommodate the spare and 2 jacks, but will be a challenge for my frunkless EQS.

Thanks. I didn’t think of that possibility, having not owned any vehicle this heavy until now.
The frunk can accommodate the spare and 2 jacks, but will be a challenge for my frunkless EQS.
So if you choose to put two jacks in then how will you raise the car evenly? Run back and forth? Seems to me better off to just call Customer Service and have them send out a flat bed.

So if you choose to put two jacks in then how will you raise the car evenly? Run back and forth? Seems to me better off to just call Customer Service and have them send out a flat bed.
When I picked up the car, I asked the tech about changing tire, and his answer was exactly what you said: call CS.

OK. I will order one more. It would need 2 people to simultaneously lift both Jacks or 1 person has 2 lift a little on each side slowly.

OK. I will order one more. It would need 2 people to simultaneously lift both Jacks or 1 person has 2 lift a little on each side slowly.
Aim I missing something? I have owned 3 teslas, from 3 to X, and I use the hockey pucks, and done it on 1 corner only. Never had to worry about bending the frame. ”X” are pretty heavy.

Dunno, Lycid mobile service used 1 jack for my tire change

20220503_160604.jpg

Last edited:
Dunno, Lycid mobile service used 1 jack for my tire change

View attachment 8266
It would be nice to get clarification from @Firstto520 on this issue.

Since many owners are six hours from a service center, changing a tire often will be necessary without assistance from Lucid. It is not realistic to expect all tire changes to be done by Lucid.

FWIW, the EQS manual doesn't mention any info on using 2 jacks, and I believe it's heavier than GT.

Back