Can we not buy a spec’d Tire directly from a Lucid Service center.
The problem is availability. From what I understand, certain tires are preferentially shipped to Lucid as opposed to other outlets.

Can we not buy a spec’d Tire directly from a Lucid Service center.

I got a nail puncture on a rear tire a few months ago and had to replace both rear tires (to keep even tread wear on that axle). Two days ago a piece of metal in the roadway cut a front tire, causing a blowout. So I'm about to replace the two front tires (again to keep even tread wear).

I've ordered all these replacement tires from Tire Rack, which stocks the correct Pirelli tire with the "LM1" stamp molded into the sidewall, indicating it's the tire developed specifically for the Air.

The Tire Rack warehouse in Miami keeps the tires in stock, and the tires arrived at our house in Naples the day after I ordered them.

A road hazard warranty is included in the price at Tire Rack.

Given how fragile these tires are, I think the road hazard insurance is a good idea. I was able to purchase it retroactively at America's Tire.

Given how fragile these tires are, I think the road hazard insurance is a good idea. I was able to purchase it retroactively at America's Tire.
I'll buy, need to find out what are my options in NC and SC, I'm on the border line of the two states 🙂.

Well, I joined the tire blowout club this morning on my 19” with a nice pothole while merging onto the highway. I had to leave to the car to get to work so I left the valet with it. Strangely, when the tow driver opened the car with the valet card and stepped on the brake, the prompt to enter the pin didn’t show up and he used the flux capacitor method which was mentioned here on another thread and I totally forgot about. Has this happened to anyone else?

Attachments

• 1D1BA28B-15F7-4978-976A-F4A86E72D168.jpeg
    1D1BA28B-15F7-4978-976A-F4A86E72D168.jpeg
    682.9 KB · Views: 89
FYI, PIRELLI® CONFIDENCE PLUS PLAN™ for P Zero All-Season Plus Tires warranty requires tires must be, "rotated every 5,000 to 7,000 miles".

FYI, PIRELLI® CONFIDENCE PLUS PLAN™ for P Zero All-Season Plus Tires warranty requires tires must be, "rotated every 5,000 to 7,000 miles".
Can anyone tell me what the maximum jack height can be to still get it under the frame with a flat tire? Will a 5.5 inch jack height still fit?

Can anyone tell me what the maximum jack height can be to still get it under the frame with a flat tire? Will a 5.5 inch jack height still fit?
I doubt it, considering the clearance was less than 4 with tires inflated

I doubt it, considering the clearance was less than 4 with tires inflated
I’m trying to buy a jack, and I’d like an electric one, does anyone have any recommendations for one that will work?

Some people carry a length of 2x6 or 4x6 to drive the flat tire up onto so that the jack will fit. The jack height you need depends on the rim size fitted - 19, 20, 21.

Definitely. You'll also be able to get snow tires for the 19" wheels if you choose.
Ditto. I live in Michigan, where snow and potholes are unavoidable facts of life. I have 19” wheels on my AGT and am very happy with them. Performance is so blistering I can’t imagine needing the increment you’d get from 21s.

Ditto. I live in Michigan, where snow and potholes are unavoidable facts of life. I have 19” wheels on my AGT and am very happy with them. Performance is so blistering I can’t imagine needing the increment you’d get from 21s.
Performance is more than just straight line speed... the lower profile tires should have better handling characteristics (at least in track like settings)... not that most people need that (we have 19" wheels, which are just fine, and better on rougher roads).

Pirelli isn't the only brand that makes tires for heavier EVs. But that weight capacity should not be ignored. Most tires are not suitable for the Lucid due to the weight. Wherever you buy the tire, they should be able to tell you whether it can handle the weight.
It used to be that the heaviest cars required a load rating of "XL". Now there is a new load rating "HL" for heavy EVs.

The Lucid SA told me to go to Discount Tire as they are a Pirelli dealer. It cost me $226.81 out the door. I am in the northwest. Not sure where others would go. I assume any Pirelli dealer is fine.
Did you buy within 30 days of buying the car or after that period? Discount tire website suggests to buy with tire or with in 30 days.

I had to check. 15 days after I took issue of the Lucid I purchased the Road Hazard Insurance from Discount Tire.

I purchased a EZ Spare to put in the fronk and the EZ Spare company recommended a 3 ton scissor jack which I purchased from them. The sissor Jack has a “clip” on the top of it that I assume goes into the frame but I couldn’t find a spot on the frame this “clip” would go into. For those who have actually used a scissor jack on a Lucid, what am I missing?

Attachments

• 4B1520E1-8C09-4ADB-9190-2B24572F9E3C.jpeg
    4B1520E1-8C09-4ADB-9190-2B24572F9E3C.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 58
I purchased a EZ Spare to put in the fronk and the EZ Spare company recommended a 3 ton scissor jack which I purchased from them. The sissor Jack has a “clip” on the top of it that I assume goes into the frame but I couldn’t find a spot on the frame this “clip” would go into. For those who have actually used a scissor jack on a Lucid, what am I missing?
I'm wondering the same thing myself. In another thread, someone said that this fits on cars that have "rails" on their jack point, which is not the case with the Lucid. On Amazon, there are other scissor jacks that have a flat top. Have you tried to jack your car up?

I'm wondering the same thing myself. In another thread, someone said that this fits on cars that have "rails" on their jack point, which is not the case with the Lucid. On Amazon, there are other scissor jacks that have a flat top. Have you tried to jack your car up?
Flat is best.

The rails are vertical pinch welds on most ice cars. We do not have them due to the battery. A flat top Jack is better because our Jack point is flat. I have seen people put a piece of hard urethane plastic in side the pinch rail - u shaped bracket. I am planning on flattening the bracket, and adding a 4" disc of urethane.

My floor jack has a semi dished cup at the lifting arm. I use an old hockey puck to fill it.

Back