Think there's any chance Lucid will improve the charging curve in future OTA updates?

The crazy thing is though that the second isn't really true. Using the Ioniq 5 as an example again, it looks like it achieves a real world efficiency of 3.5 mi/kw. Which is exactly what I get. And it charges faster at anything above 40% so realistically, the Ioniq 5 adds more miles per hour than a Pure awd.
"real world efficiency" is not a clear cut thing. My lifetime average in my Touring is 3.5 mi/kWh at the moment as well, but that's because most of the time I drive "fun" not "efficiently." When I'm just driving like a normal person on a freeway for long distances, I easily shoot over 4.0. Which one of those is real world? If people are saying Ioniq 5 gets a real world efficiency of 3.5 mi/kWh, are they on the freeway? City streets? Driving like an F1 driver? Or a sloth? What's the point in comparing these numbers??

"real world efficiency" is not a clear cut thing. My lifetime average in my Touring is 3.5 mi/kWh at the moment as well, but that's because most of the time I drive "fun" not "efficiently." When I'm just driving like a normal person on a freeway for long distances, I easily shoot over 4.0. Which one of those is real world? If people are saying Ioniq 5 gets a real world efficiency of 3.5 mi/kWh, are they on the freeway? City streets? Driving like an F1 driver? Or a sloth? What's the point in comparing these numbers??
I was taking numbers from freeway tests, which I believe is the most important when looking at fast charging, because that's when fast charging is needed most: long trips on freeways. In those cases, the two cars appear to get similar mi/kw figures.

One thing to keep in mind. Ioniq 5, depending on version, has give or take 80 to 100 miles less range than a Pure. So mi/kW may be the same but Ioniq 5 will be stopping to charge more often.
Sure, but 84kwh vs 92kwh is pretty close. And I didn't mean for this comparison to only be against the Ioniq 5. The EQE and EQS would have similar results

Back