Not open for further replies.

HC_79

Referral Code AWNJLGKT
Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
AWNJLGKT
Does anyone think Lucid is overpriced now that Tesla has dropped the price of its vehicles?

Solution
I really doubt that Tesla cares about the competition, other than the Chinese.
Elon is threatened by Lucid. Why else would he shit talk it consistently? He (in the past) supported his competition (see praise for the Mach E), but has no praise for Lucid because he knows Peter Rawlinson knows his stuff and can make a more efficient car than he did with the Model S.
  • If price parity is most important: A Plaid without FSD is $124k, with FSD is $133k. It is probably best to compared to an Air Touring with all the options ($130k) not a Pure as compared above. A round steering wheel is a no-cost option for Tesla Model S right now. Test drive both and decide.
  • If performance is most important, a GT-P pretty much wins the comparison in every category (except FSD and charging speed at V3 Tesla Superchargers). Rear entertainment is pretty useless in my opinion. Grab a phone or iPad.
  • If software is more important than driving dynamics, Tesla wins at this moment. I'm rooting for Lucid to release bunches of cool updates and catch up. I think that will happen, but it may take a couple years. For me, CarPlay will give it a huge advantage.
Are you including tax in your prices just curious. Plaid base price is 109k currently

Nope. I just designed these on the websites. Tried to make them similar in their equipment. Touring has DDP in this build.
Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 8.38.04 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 8.32.30 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 8.35.03 PM.png

• If price parity is most important: A Plaid without FSD is $124k, with FSD is $133k. It is probably best to compared to an Air Touring with all the options ($130k) not a Pure as compared above. A round steering wheel is a no-cost option for Tesla Model S right now. Test drive both and decide.
  • If performance is most important, a GT-P pretty much wins the comparison in every category (except FSD and charging speed at V3 Tesla Superchargers). Rear entertainment is pretty useless in my opinion. Grab a phone or iPad.
  • If software is more important than driving dynamics, Tesla wins at this moment. I'm rooting for Lucid to release bunches of cool updates and catch up. I think that will happen, but it may take a couple years. For me, CarPlay will give it a huge advantage.
Are you including tax in your prices just curious. Plaid base price is 109k

Nope. I just designed these on the websites. Tried to make them similar in their equipment. Touring has DDP in this build.View attachment 10379

View attachment 10377View attachment 10378
You forgot to add glass roof to Touring as it's a paid option that is included with MS.

Dream Drive Pro at this point is not as mature and feature rich as Enhanced Autopilot. It's not clear if Lucid have the same goal for DDP as Tesla FSD.

You forgot to add glass roof to Touring as it's a paid option that is included with MS.

Dream Drive Pro at this point is not as mature and feature rich as Enhanced Autopilot. It's not clear if Lucid have the same goal for DDP as Tesla FSD.
Agree. There are definite differences.

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 9.07.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 9.11.43 PM.png

I'm a legacy pricing Pure reservation holder. But, I fear that Air Touring, despite being a much better looking car, is not compelling at the current price point in an apple-to-apple comparison with Tesla Model S.

View attachment 10381View attachment 10382
I'm a legacy pricing Pure reservation holder. But, I fear that Air Touring, despite being a much better looking car, is not compelling at the current price point in an apple-to-apple comparison with Tesla Model S.
you can upgrade your pure to touring at legacy pricing still. your equivalent touring w/ options at legacy pricing would be ~113k. model s wont qualify for the 7.5k federal ev credit. touring will qualify for the 7.5k lucid credit and will get the 7.5k federal ev credit (if you did the "confirm" option back in August 2022).

however, a lot of people are still debating on whether the IRS will truly allow those who did the "confirmation" option back in August 2022 to get the credit. some have claimed it on their tax returns and it went through, but who knows what the IRS will do in the end.

with that caveat in mind, and the two 7.5k credits, loaded touring is about 100k.

you can upgrade your pure to touring at legacy pricing still. your equivalent touring w/ options at legacy pricing would be ~113k. model s wont qualify for the 7.5k federal ev credit. touring will qualify for the 7.5k lucid credit and will get the 7.5k federal ev credit (if you did the "confirm" option back in August 2022).

however, a lot of people are still debating on whether the IRS will truly allow those who did the "confirmation" option back in August 2022 to get the credit. some have claimed it on their tax returns and it went through, but who knows what the IRS will do in the end.

with that caveat in mind, and the two 7.5k credits, loaded touring is about 100k.

How would Lucid qualify for the $7,500 federal tax credit? At $113k it’s more than double the MSRP limit.

Even if there wasn’t an MSRP limit I’d imagine most prospective Touring and S buyers would not qualify due to income limits.

Is Lucid definitely extending their $7500 credit to legacy reservation holders that switch? That would be pretty sweet if so.

I have driven Model S Plaid and Grand Touring,

Plaid has same design as the Model S refresh with a bit more carbon fiber.
- Yoke steering
- Autopilot
- Raizen AMD graphics processor
- Minimalistic interior
- Leather seats
-396 miles range
-Hatchback Trunk
-Rear entertainment system
- additional software features (dog mode, camp mode, sentry security, charge stats, and others)
- 1025 Hp plaid and 625hp long range
- Non automated frunk
- No ambient lighting
- Older headlight design
- No ultra sonics or radar or LiDAR
- Glass roof

Pure without much upgraded :
- Round steering.
- No autopilot
- (Not sure of gfx processor but the UI not as responsive as Tesla gfx)
- Traditional luxury interior Better than Tesla
- Leather seats
- 405 miles range
- No rear entertainment system
- Minimal software features (scheduled charge)
- 425 hp for pure , 625 hp T and 800 hp GT
- clamshell trunk
- nice ambient lighting
- Newer blade headlight design bright
- ultrasonics and LiDAR and 360 view parking
- stock is metal roof for pure but has glass option
- Automated frunk lots of storage

Not favoring one or other just listing what each car has
No autopilot is not fair. The lucid still comes with stock dreamdrive, which is almost equivalent to teslas stock autopilot.

No autopilot is not fair. The lucid still comes with stock dreamdrive, which is almost equivalent to teslas stock autopilot.
How is normal Dreamdrive equivalent? With Tesla you get Highway Assist included and also traffic light chime when green, etc. Just Tesla having HA standard makes it not even close to equivalent. So, when I get my Touring, I have to get DD Pro, just to get HA, which I use all the time on the freeway, unless I am misunderstanding something. 🙂

How is normal Dreamdrive equivalent? With Tesla you get Highway Assist included and also traffic light chime when green, etc. Just Tesla having HA standard makes it not even close to equivalent. So, when I get my Touring, I have to get DD Pro, just to get HA, which I use all the time on the freeway, unless I am misunderstanding something. 🙂
Wait, normal model s autopilot has steer on highways? And I know for a fact only full fsd has turn signal recog

Wait, normal model s autopilot has steer on highways? And I know for a fact only full fsd has turn signal recog
Yes - it does and I also have a chime when traffic light is green. It used to be only on full FSD, but not anymore at least on my refresh Model S. FSD gets you automatic lane changing.

Yes normal model S has auto pilot or auto steer which has the chime in green lights, it has fad visusization can see all the cars , stop lights, people, bikes, etc. it just doesn’t do fsd or auto park or summon. Autopilot steers but doesn’t doesn’t react to turn signals.

Yes - it does and I also have a chime when traffic light is green. It used to be only on full FSD, but not anymore at least on my refresh Model S. FSD gets you automatic lane changing.
Weird- On the website standard autopilot does not has traffic signal. When it chimes, does it start driving or do you have to?

These comparisons are soooooo tiresome. Like Bobby said, drive both. Buy the one you like better.

It’s like you’re all trying to prove my point about the Dell laptop vs MacBook Pro.

Checklists are oh so useless once you get behind the wheel.

There’s a reason the vast majority of the people on this forum chose the Air. It’s not like they didn’t have this information when they made that choice.

These comparisons are soooooo tiresome. Like Bobby said, drive both. Buy the one you like better.

It’s like you’re all trying to prove my point about the Dell laptop vs MacBook Pro.

There’s a reason the vast majority of the people on this forum chose the Air. It’s not like they didn’t have this information when they made that choice.
Actually, apple vs android/windows is a pretty good way to think about it.

Yes normal model S has auto pilot or auto steer which has the chime in green lights, it has fad visusization can see all the cars , stop lights, people, bikes, etc. it just doesn’t do fsd or auto park or summon. Autopilot steers but doesn’t doesn’t react to turn signals.
I just realized that now, my bad.

How would Lucid qualify for the $7,500 federal tax credit? At $113k it’s more than double the MSRP limit.

Even if there wasn’t an MSRP limit I’d imagine most prospective Touring and S buyers would not qualify due to income limits.

Is Lucid definitely extending their $7500 credit to legacy reservation holders that switch? That would be pretty sweet if so.

You would qualify if you signed the purchase agreement before aug 16 2022 as then the car would reside under the previous ev credit which had no msrp or income limitations.

I agree @joec . if you do your homework, drive the 2 cars and determine you like driving the 12 year old Tesla body, then you should drive that one. Evaluating prices and determining yourself that you dont want to pay the premium is a rational decision process but I dont think you will get Lucid to change their pricing based on a public forum like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back