RESOLVED Surreal sound basic update

Mjrayd8

Thanks everyone for leaving comments on my original post. After living with surreal sound for over a month, I was able to optimize the sound of the base (not pro) system as follows:
Equalizer settings: base +5, midrange 0 and treble -2.
Balance: in center but placed posteriorly into the first quarter to 1/3 of rear seats.

These settings, although not for everyone , improved the sound significantly to point it was comfortable and more enjoyable to listen to. Placing the balance toward the rear was a game changer. I also noticed that the volume has to be turned up to better appreciate the sound, although not a fan of listening to loud music as I wish to preserve my hearing.

Thanks everyone for leaving comments on my original post. After living with surreal sound for over a month, I was able to optimize the sound of the base (not pro) system as follows:
Equalizer settings: base +5, midrange 0 and treble -2.
Balance: in center but placed posteriorly into the first quarter to 1/3 of rear seats.

These settings, although not for everyone , improved the sound significantly to point it was comfortable and more enjoyable to listen to. Placing the balance toward the rear was a game changer. I also noticed that the volume has to be turned up to better appreciate the sound, although not a fan of listening to loud music as I wish to preserve my hearing.
Can you take a picture of your balance placement?

I have the base audio system as well and my equalizer setting are about the same as your. If you sit in the rear, the sound is much better. The bass is much stronger in the back, so biasing the sound to the back helps with the lack of bass. Its just OK. I think Lucid took away too many speakers/amps for the base system to cut the cost and the sound is not great. Wish they offered an upgrade for a fee to improve the sound.

Attachments

• 48D80BB3-9E08-4D83-80D4-A2C9A0D2F9F3.jpeg
    48D80BB3-9E08-4D83-80D4-A2C9A0D2F9F3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • F894B499-455A-4756-A96F-1AC808236548.jpeg
    F894B499-455A-4756-A96F-1AC808236548.jpeg
    845.9 KB · Views: 59
I have the base audio system as well and my equalizer setting are about the same as your. If you sit in the rear, the sound is much better. The bass is much stronger in the back, so biasing the sound to the back helps with the lack of bass. Its just OK. I think Lucid took away too many speakers/amps for the base system to cut the cost and the sound is not great. Wish they offered an upgrade for a fee to improve the sound.

I agree with you totally. These setting have optimized the sound quality for me but it is still just an OK audio system. Maybe Lucid could do something to improve it. As I said in my original post, if I new the base system sounded like this, I would have gotten the pro. With Lucid's continued price cuts and new offers on their models, the surreal pro would now cost the same as the base surreal. I should have waited 1 more month before leasing.

Here are the settings I am using on the standard audio system. The balance is almost exactly as Mjrayd8 posted in this thread.

Audio settings.jpg

Back