RESOLVED Balance in sound setting some times is grayed out

grtlooks

Cars
lucid touring
I noticed when listening to music that the sound system sounds so much better when I'm sitting in the back of the car rather than in front. So I figured if maybe I change the balance to get more of the sound from the back, I might be able to appreciate it more when I'm driving or sitting in the front, which is all the time. 😁.
So I started playing with the balance and the sound setting and realized that it was grayed out for most of the time and depending on, I think, the music, determined whether I could adjust it.
Does anyone know why or has anyone experienced the same thing?

I noticed when listening to music that the sound system sounds so much better when I'm sitting in the back of the car rather than in front. So I figured if maybe I change the balance to get more of the sound from the back, I might be able to appreciate it more when I'm driving or sitting in the front, which is all the time. 😁.
So I started playing with the balance and the sound setting and realized that it was grayed out for most of the time and depending on, I think, the music, determined whether I could adjust it.
Does anyone know why or has anyone experienced the same thing?
It's not available when listening to Atmos songs, as they're encoded with specific balance. Otherwise, you should be able to adjust it for all non-Atmos songs.

It's not available when listening to Atmos songs, as they're encoded with specific balance. Otherwise, you should be able to adjust it for all non-Atmos songs.
That was exactly what was happening. I do wish though, I could balance it with atmos songs because it still sounds better sitting in the back. Is there a way to get the speakers better balanced when listening to atmos?

That was exactly what was happening. I do wish though, I could balance it with atmos songs because it still sounds better sitting in the back. Is there a way to get the speakers better balanced when listening to atmos?
Nope. Atmos-encoded tracks are intentionally mixed on a per-channel basis, and is very very specific as to how it distributes the sound. You're listening to it as the mixing engineer intended you to. If you don't like it, there is unfortunately nothing you can do to adjust the balance in either direction - this is also likely a Dolby limitation in order to get the system Dolby approved.

Back