Surreal sound basic

My initial comment was to highlight that the Surreal Pro seems like pretty ordinary stereo at caviar prices.
But it isn’t. Caviar experts have weighed in and these are some damn good fish eggs.

So you don’t like Peter Luger? ;)
I never got the obsession with it tbh

Our brains prefer video input and will use a lot of energy processing the input. Hearing gets shunted aside.

When we're driving we're jumping our attention from thing to thing, and using much of our brain's energy to "see". If someone is talking to us we might not "hear" what they are saying if our attention is distracted by an unwary pedestrian or erratic driver. We can not do both...the hearing suffers. When we direct our attention to hearing, the driving suffers. That's why big bass is popular = no attention is required.

We're talking about a different way of enjoying music...something the Lucid does extremely well.

Go out to your Lucid late at night. Get in and make it comfy... turn on the seat heater (it's cold here), roll the seat back and adjust the lumbar and bolsters...seat length. Turn off the lights.

Now put on some Tidal Doby Pro Atmos.

welcome to the Cosmos

folk, if your mind is not blown by this there is something wrong with your system...not your car...your nervous system.

Our brains prefer video input and will use a lot of energy processing the input. Hearing gets shunted aside.

When we're driving we're jumping our attention from thing to thing, and using much of our brain's energy to "see". If someone is talking to us we might not "hear" what they are saying if our attention is distracted by an unwary pedestrian or erratic driver. We can not do both...the hearing suffers. When we direct our attention to hearing, the driving suffers. That's why big bass is popular = no attention is required.

We're talking about a different way of enjoying music...something the Lucid does extremely well.

Go out to your Lucid late at night. Get in and make it comfy... turn on the seat heater (it's cold here), roll the seat back and adjust the lumbar and bolsters...seat length. Turn off the lights.

Now put on some Tidal Doby Pro Atmos.

welcome to the Cosmos

folk, if your mind is not blown by this there is something wrong with your system...not your car...your nervous system.
Are you also supplementing this listening experience with something else Cosmo? If so, where do I get said supplement?

I posted this in the other Atmos thread but holy crap this sounds sooooooooooo good. https://tidal.com/track/111403020

For those of us who know... I just logged on with the laptop speakers...am listening to "Mad World". Even on these crappy speakers I can hear the space around the piano, the voice coming out of space. It's useless to try and do this with words. I can tell it's a great bit of recording art...can't wait to feel in in the car (tonight). Thanks Bunny.

I took delivery on my air pure 4 weeks ago and love everything about it except the basic surreal sound audio system. I have found the sound quality to be awful. There is very little base snd the treble is tinny to the point that it uncomfortably to my ears. No matter what adjustments I make to the equalizer and balance it still sounds terrible. For a car this expensive, even if it’s the base model, it should have a better introductory sound system. My Tesla model Y audio is much better. If I had known how bad the sound quality is I would have shelved out the extra money for the pro system. Lucid, I hope there is a software adjustment that u can make to improve the sound. Do other owners feel the same way? What audio settings seem to work best?
So I wanted to update my basic surreal sound system in my pure.
I don't get it. All of a sudden the sound quality is great. Not only on tidal and Qobuz but even Spotify, satellite and navigation voice. System no longer sounds tinny and not as volume dependent to sound good. Base is improved. Overall sound is excellent. Either the system some how reset as originally settings were not good or Lucid did an update with software. Can somebody explain to me what happened, over a few weeks in November, that resulted in a much improved sound system.

I don't get it. All of a sudden the sound quality is great. Not only on tidal and Qobuz but even Spotify, satellite and navigation voice. System no longer sounds tinny and not as volume dependent to sound good. Base is improved. Overall sound is excellent. Either the system some how reset as originally settings were not good or Lucid did an update with software. Can somebody explain to me what happened, over a few weeks in November, that resulted in a much improved sound system.
OTA software update from Lucid. Addressed the sound.

The 2.1.42 update drastically increased quality for many users.

The latest update. Enjoy it.

I'm not sure if you were aware, but there was a recent update, 2.1.42 to be exact. Not sure if the posters above me had stated as such or not.

I'm not sure if you were aware, but there was a recent update, 2.1.42 to be exact. Not sure if the posters above me had stated as such or not.
I had stated, but yes. I wonder what specifically Lucid did to make such a drastic change?

Shows to me that they actually listen to this forum... base surreal sound stayed the same until it was reported on here on the forum. Great job by the team!

Back