Surreal sound basic

Mjrayd8

I took delivery on my air pure 4 weeks ago and love everything about it except the basic surreal sound audio system. I have found the sound quality to be awful. There is very little base snd the treble is tinny to the point that it uncomfortably to my ears. No matter what adjustments I make to the equalizer and balance it still sounds terrible. For a car this expensive, even if it’s the base model, it should have a better introductory sound system. My Tesla model Y audio is much better. If I had known how bad the sound quality is I would have shelved out the extra money for the pro system. Lucid, I hope there is a software adjustment that u can make to improve the sound. Do other owners feel the same way? What audio settings seem to work best?

If it's truly that bad, have service look at it to make sure it's functioning as it should?

I took delivery on my air pure 4 weeks ago and love everything about it except the basic surreal sound audio system. I have found the sound quality to be awful. There is very little base snd the treble is tinny to the point that it uncomfortably to my ears. No matter what adjustments I make to the equalizer and balance it still sounds terrible. For a car this expensive, even if it’s the base model, it should have a better introductory sound system. My Tesla model Y audio is much better. If I had known how bad the sound quality is I would have shelved out the extra money for the pro system. Lucid, I hope there is a software adjustment that u can make to improve the sound. Do other owners feel the same way? What audio settings seem to work best?
Do a quick search on this forum, and you’ll see this discussion has been had many, many times.

As suggested above, have someone in service confirm it sounds as it should if it really is that bad. There have been many instances where something went wrong during assembly, and the fix was relatively simple.

But a bass factory, the Lucid is not. It’s more like a set of monitors you’d find in a recording studio. Meant to reproduce music faithfully as the recording engineer intended.

If that’s not your taste, you may have bought the wrong car.

I have read the complaint about the bass response in this car, and am wondering what these people are doing?

Perhaps the basic audio system has fewer speakers...but since the acoustics are known ( the premium system is obviously tweaked for a flat response ) it should sound great anyway.

The system in the GT is superb. The emphasis is on hi-fidelity (not rock concert power). Just yesterday I was listening to Killer Bees ... was astounded at how accurate the bass is. The stand-up acoustic bass ... you could hear every note in the scale, distinct and not bloated...like being there. I just love the Tidal audio.
1698671787266.jpeg

track 5. "See Ya Later" then track 6. "Nevermind" go into the garage late at night...car is made for this use. i'm listening to all my favorites as new. such an amazing car. has improved my life.

who's playin'

First, I'd have service look at your system to make sure there aren't any issues with it.

Second, check your portal to see if there is an upgrade to SSPro available to you. You may just need to pay for it if the speakers are already installed in the car.

Other Basic SS owners have also stated that it sounds like absolute garbage, but I have not seen one in a studio yet. I plan to soon. This thread shows some other owners: https://lucidowners.com/threads/bass-is-nonexistent.6626/

I agree with you. The sound system sucks (especially if you're coming from a late model Tesla). I had to add an aftermarket subwoofer just to make it sound decent.

you should be thankful that you didn't shell out even more on the pro system! I did. there is nothing "pro" about the pro, except the money. I mainly listen to podcasts, rock n' roll and classical music from my wired iPhone and FM radio. the pro offers no distinctive improvement over my last car, which was the standard Audi A7/B&W stereo. In fact, the last car and the Audi before it and the Infiniti before that, were all better than this pro system. disappointing. (I have not had the pleasure of the Dolby Atmos feature;)

Setting the equalizer to +6/0/-1 made it sound decent enough for me. I think my biggest issue was that it doesn't sound like a true "surround" system - with fewer speakers, there isn't much output coming from behind you. That said, after a month of ownership I think it sounds fine. I ask everyone who gets in the car how it sounds and they always say it sounds crisp and clear but not especially noteworthy otherwise.

Setting the equalizer to +6/0/-1 made it sound decent enough for me. I think my biggest issue was that it doesn't sound like a true "surround" system - with fewer speakers, there isn't much output coming from behind you. That said, after a month of ownership I think it sounds fine. I ask everyone who gets in the car how it sounds and they always say it sounds crisp and clear but not especially noteworthy otherwise.
I found that the SS Basic sound much better when you in the rear seats. When you are a driver or a front passenger, the sound seems to come from the 3 front dashboard speakers and nothing coming from the speakers on the A pillar.

you should be thankful that you didn't shell out even more on the pro system! I did. there is nothing "pro" about the pro, except the money. I mainly listen to podcasts, rock n' roll and classical music from my wired iPhone and FM radio. the pro offers no distinctive improvement over my last car, which was the standard Audi A7/B&W stereo. In fact, the last car and the Audi before it and the Infiniti before that, were all better than this pro system. disappointing. (I have not had the pleasure of the Dolby Atmos feature;)

If I may suggest you get Tidal and listen to some Atmos tracks; it is second to none.
Even non-Atmos hifi sounds fantastic with the upgraded system. I find it disappointing to listen to music in other autos now, because the Lucid’s system is just superior, when either the appropriate streaming service or a USB stick with high quality audio , such as FLAC files , are used.

I found that the SS Basic sound much better when you in the rear seats. When you are a driver or a front passenger, the sound seems to come from the 3 front dashboard speakers and nothing coming from the speakers on the A pillar.
Yes, for sure. I just had a service tech come by and asked him if it was normal and he basically said it was since I didn't have the SSPro system. Personally I can live with it but I can see why people who are heavy music listeners would be disappointed.

I agree with you. The sound system sucks (especially if you're coming from a late model Tesla). I had to add an aftermarket subwoofer just to make it sound decent.
This I agree with. To some the system might sound exceptional but that is probably also based on what they are coming from. My Tesla Model S Bass was much much better but I guess if you did not come from something better it would be great to some. I definately expected more for what the Lucid premium upgrade cost.,

If I may suggest you get Tidal and listen to some Atmos tracks; it is second to none.
Even non-Atmos hifi sounds fantastic with the upgraded system. I find it disappointing to listen to music in other autos now, because the Lucid’s system is just superior, when either the appropriate streaming service or a USB stick with high quality audio , such as FLAC files , are used.
Thank you for your suggestion. You may be correct about Tidal. But I am not about to chase the tech to go to a particular service to get the most out of it. I was very satisfied with my base-line stereos in the previous cars mentioned tuned to their default settings etc.; I can't say the same thing for the Pro in Lucid. I was expecting something much better from a car at this price range. But, who knows, may be one day I will fall for Tidal and will get hooked. :)

Use tidal. I guarantee you it will be the best sound system you have heard.
Thanks! But I am a fanatic when it comes to platform integration. I am on only one: Apple Music (or FM). So far, this has served me very well until I got the Lucid. I think that's the clearest test of a car's stereo relative to others. Everything is the same except the car.

Thank you for your suggestion. You may be correct about Tidal. But I am not about to chase the tech to go to a particular service to get the most out of it. I was very satisfied with my base-line stereos in the previous cars mentioned tuned to their default settings etc.; I can't say the same thing for the Pro in Lucid. I was expecting something much better from a car at this price range. But, who knows, may be one day I will fall for Tidal and will get hooked. :)

Fair enough. Look forward to hearing your thoughts if you do decide to go with Tidal.
Just as an aside , there is a decent classical rock Atmos selection in Tidal, including the Who, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty and several others.

Thanks! But I am a fanatic when it comes to platform integration. I am on only one: Apple Music (or FM). So far, this has served me very well until I got the Lucid. I think that's the clearest test of a car's stereo relative to others. Everything is the same except the car.

I believe the car’s system is really tailored to optimizing Atmos format. I will admit, I was a skeptic , until I experienced it. Now, I am hooked and everything else sounds inferior.

Fair enough, Apple Music is reasonably high-definition. If Lucid enabled Atmos through carplay, it would be absolutely no problem. Perhaps it is coming "when" they bring carplay 2.0? Or an native apple music app?(which is hard, apple oversees ALL design aspects for integration... then again lucids vibe fits with apples)

"crips and clear but not especially noteworthy" ... that about sums it up. I agree with the feeling of "not much output" ... in the sense that a symphony or a good rock song doesn't fill up the car. The sound at low volumes –a tell tale sign of a good system– is not satisfying. I wonder if it's also because of the glass top; just a conjecture. Voice based stuff such as podcasts is just fine.

Back