RESOLVED Surreal sound basic update 2. OMG

Mjrayd8

Here's my next and final thread on surreal sound basic. A game changer!!!

So I read all the responses to my prior posts on this subject and came to the conclusion that I should give Tidal a try even though I don't have the pro system. I went to CarPlay and saw that Tidal was freee with advertising so I listened to it. All I can say is OMG. The base went from non-existant to booming, voices were crystal clear and the overall sound went from mediocre to very good. And this was without their prescription high-res service. I then played hi-res songs on Qobuz and the sound was amazing. It's clear that Lucid has their audio systems tuned and geared to hi-res music streaming apps even for the base surreal. Although sound is disappointing for non hii-res music content on ordinary apps, it is audiophile quality when listening to hi-res using Tidal, Qobuz or other hi-res apps or platforms. Thanks for everyone's responses leading me to the high end music apps.

So I read all the responses to my prior posts on this subject and came to the conclusion that I should give Tidal a try even though I don't have the pro system. I went to CarPlay and saw that Tidal was freee with advertising so I listened to it. All I can say is OMG. The base went from non-existant to booming, voices were crystal clear and the overall sound went from mediocre to very good. And this was without their prescription high-res service. I then played hi-res songs on Qobuz and the sound was amazing. It's clear that Lucid has their audio systems tuned and geared to hi-res music streaming apps even for the base surreal. Although sound is disappointing for non hii-res music content on ordinary apps, it is audiophile quality when listening to hi-res using Tidal, Qobuz or other hi-res apps or platforms. Thanks for everyone's responses leading me to the high end music apps.
Very interesting. This bodes well, then, for Lucid's ability to tweak the base system via software. Good news, indeed.

I have the base audio system and signed up for Tidal's highest res subscription to see if it would improve the audio, especially the bass. I copied over a playlist from Spotify so I can compare specific songs directly, back to back. There was an improvement in the bass but not a lot at "normal" volumes. The Tidal songs are crisper, cleaner and better sounding. I tried Atmos tracks which the system says it cannot play and will play in stereo and the same results. If you turn the volume up above about 70% the bass is much better in Tidal, but you have to listen at a pretty high volume - not wife friendly. Works when I am alone in the car.

What were you using before? Also, to quote myself, shite in shite out right @stratus ?

I have the base audio system and signed up for Tidal's highest res subscription to see if it would improve the audio, especially the bass. I copied over a playlist from Spotify so I can compare specific songs directly, back to back. There was an improvement in the bass but not a lot at "normal" volumes. The Tidal songs are crisper, cleaner and better sounding. I tried Atmos tracks which the system says it cannot play and will play in stereo and the same results. If you turn the volume up above about 70% the bass is much better in Tidal, but you have to listen at a pretty high volume - not wife friendly. Works when I am alone in the car.
I totally agree with you and noted the volume issue in my prior post. For whatever reason the system playing Tidal sounds best at high volume and loses its punch at low volume. Also, I have found the sound quality to be much better when I'm listening with the car parked. Once I begin driving the sound quality degrades, particularly at high speeds, Not sure why this happens as this has not occurred with other cars I have owned.

I totally agree with you and noted the volume issue in my prior post. For whatever reason the system playing Tidal sounds best at high volume and loses its punch at low volume. Also, I have found the sound quality to be much better when I'm listening with the car parked. Once I begin driving the sound quality degrades, particularly at high speeds, Not sure why this happens as this has not occurred with other cars I have owned.
I don’t think I’ve ever been in a car where the audio sounded just as good at 70 as it did parked, and I’ve owned a number of high end EVs.

You're welcome!

The 70% comment is right on. I do have SS pro and dolby atmos music is best when loud. My wife finds it funny that after all these years I became one of those people with loud booming music coming from the car. Haha

FWIW .. I have Surreal Sound Pro and noticed over the last few updates (not sure exactly when) the bass has greatly improved for Spotify, SiriusXm and Amazon ..

One of the things hi res music does is because the sound is much cleaner it becomes more tolerable to listen to at higher volume. Also since Lucid is well built it won't have that broken rattling car noise during loud bass

• Love
Reactions: KRG
💯💯

The better the source material the better the sound. I use Tidal in my Pure with SSpro and pay for hi-fi version.. I also have tried the Tidal streaming in other cars with USB plugged it from my iPhone ... Its cleaner and and you can listen at louder levels without distortion. I just sounds better on any system.

Back