Surreal sound basic audio is now excellent

Mjrayd8

I am writing this update to thank Lucid motors. They have heard their customers. All of the complaints I have had with the soundsystem when I first took delivery of the Pure have now been resolved. Apparently, there have been overair updates. The sound quality is superb from satellite to streaming services including Spodufy and Qobuz. Even navigation sounds improved. I'm an audiophile and it's one of the best audio systems I have ever had. If it's that good, I have to imagine the surreal sound pro system playing spatial audio must be fantastic or simply Surreal.

The fact that Lucid oftentimes fixes issues that were only mentioned in this forum and nowhere else is very reassuring for me. I cannot think of another automaker except maybe Rivian that has this level of outreach to customers.

The fact that this forum is an issue database for lucid is very good. Ever improving cars..

I am writing this update to thank Lucid motors. They have heard their customers. All of the complaints I have had with the soundsystem when I first took delivery of the Pure have now been resolved. Apparently, there have been overair updates. The sound quality is superb from satellite to streaming services including Spodufy and Qobuz. Even navigation sounds improved. I'm an audiophile and it's one of the best audio systems I have ever had. If it's that good, I have to imagine the surreal sound pro system playing spatial audio must be fantastic or simply Surreal.
Paging @mcr16 because they definitely deserve to hear some praise, not just complaints. :)

Happy thanksgiving!

Well, I had an issue yesterday that I'd never experienced before. While driving to a hyper fast speed charger I set the car to pre-condition. The rear speakers sounded muffled and completely awful. The sound improved after charging. Overall, bass on the rear speakers are god awful and a let down for a car at this price point. I've considered upgrading the speakers. Anyone explored this option?

There was this fairly invasive solution from early this year...

I am a new member to Lucid Owners as of today. I’m on vacation listening to a nice sound system which made me think of my dissatisfaction with Lucid’s audio quality. I have the surreal sound pro installed and the car does not even come close to the quality of my Tesla which I previously owned. Music Passages are either faint or just missing from many of my regular songs. The sound is not big enough which makes me think the amplifier is undersized. Whether I use Tidal hi fidelity, Spotify, Apple … singing can be muddled, flat. At home, airpods etc, I could hear crisp cymbals but usually not here. Maybe one of ten songs sound rich enough worthy of the grand touring price tag.

separately maps have disappeared in my navigation and SiriusXM is parked on the last station I played, despite six reboots. I have a mobile service appointment set up for next week. Any recommendations as to ask the technician?

I am a new member to Lucid Owners as of today. I’m on vacation listening to a nice sound system which made me think of my dissatisfaction with Lucid’s audio quality. I have the surreal sound pro installed and the car does not even come close to the quality of my Tesla which I previously owned. Music Passages are either faint or just missing from many of my regular songs. The sound is not big enough which makes me think the amplifier is undersized. Whether I use Tidal hi fidelity, Spotify, Apple … singing can be muddled, flat. At home, airpods etc, I could hear crisp cymbals but usually not here. Maybe one of ten songs sound rich enough worthy of the grand touring price tag.

separately maps have disappeared in my navigation and SiriusXM is parked on the last station I played, despite six reboots. I have a mobile service appointment set up for next week. Any recommendations as to ask the technician?
If you have SSPro and the sound stinks the way you describe, I would get it checked out. Normally people just complain about the lack of bass not anything about muddled sound. Also, how are you playing your music? Is it through Bluetooth? CarPlay? Native apps?

The Lucid SurrealSound Pro is somewhat bass shy, but I must say it is exceptionally low in distortion. It's not what I hoped for in overall sound quality (I'm not including Atmos), but at least it does not cause listening fatigue like some automotive systems. I play music from a USB drive MP3 enclosed at 320kb/s.

As the original author of this post, I had similar issues with the sound system. However, somehow the sound improved dramatically all of a sudden and I can't explain why this happened. My wife also noticed the obvious difference. The only problem I now have is that the rear speaker vibrates with increase in base, which was non existent before the sound miraculously improved. I would ask technician if there is a way of resetting the audio system. Are all the latest updates for the air installed? They should be able to solve the SiriusXM problem for you. Look it's the first model four Lucid snd it's a little quirky, but once u master the info system you're going to love it.

Yeah, there's something wrong with your system if you think it sounds that bad. I'd have the techs take a look.

Not everyone thinks the Lucid's system is perfect (personally, I think it blows away the system I had in my Tesla) but it's at least a decent system to most people's ears. Unless there's a problem. Get them to check it out.

As the original author of this post, I had similar issues with the sound system. However, somehow the sound improved dramatically all of a sudden and I can't explain why this happened. My wife also noticed the obvious difference. The only problem I now have is that the rear speaker vibrates with increase in base, which was non existent before the sound miraculously improved. I would ask technician if there is a way of resetting the audio system. Are all the latest updates for the air installed? They should be able to solve the SiriusXM problem for you. Look it's the first model four Lucid snd it's a little quirky, but once u master the info system you're going to love it.
If your speakers are rattling, there's a fix for that. Do a search for it. Many have had it easily addressed by mobile tech.

If your speakers are rattling, there's a fix for that. Do a search for it. Many have had it easily addressed by mobile tech.
Ty. Will ask mobile tech first. Others have put a rubber cushion between glass and rear panel. Either way it needs to be addressed. Appreciate your response.

If you have SSPro and the sound stinks the way you describe, I would get it checked out. Normally people just complain about the lack of bass not anything about muddled sound. Also, how are you playing your music? Is it through Bluetooth? CarPlay? Native apps?
I am playing thru Tidal and Spotify thru the car apps. My thinking is there is less chance of compromise than thru Bluetooth, third party sourcing

I am using Native apps on screen: Tidal, SiriusXM, Spotify. A year an ago the service appointment deemed my system as working properly. But I hope into other vehicles and the quality is better without SSPro. The EQ in particular is poor as it only has three ranges. In the old days I would use a third party custom audio installer to get what I want. But now how can that be done since everything integrates with the vehicle.

But more maddening is I drive around with audio and park. Get back in the car ten minutes later and the radio, Sirius, etc should pop back on - but the Lucid says it is looking for a signal which is illogical as it had a signal ten minutes earlier and in an area with great connectivity.

Back