Spare tire

Hm I’m not sure and haven’t tried but I assume it fits in the regular trunk but not much else will fit if it’s in there. As an absolute last resort, I suppose it could be thrown into the back seat 😱
Thank you!

Wait. Why is this wheel 'screaming red'!
It's screaming "replace me asap"! Only meant for emergency use, until you get your flat fixed.

Lucid has exact same but you have to pay $130 or something like that. Got mine 3 weeks ago when I picked up my car.
You can buy the same thing on-line as non-branded for $40. Unfortunately, not able to be bought in California.

You can buy the same thing on-line as non-branded for $40. Unfortunately, not able to be bought in California.
Wait, are you saying Lucid sells a small spare? One that will fit in the small frunk space? My understanding is you need to confirm any after market wheels match the lug nut pattern. The Ez spare does, according to owners here.

Wait. Why is this wheel 'screaming red'!
I was all set to purchase the EZ spare wheel/tire. I went up to the Millbrae Center yesterday to pick up the "Emergency Tire Repair" kit for my upcoming trip tomorrow. Anyway, I mentioned I was thinking about buying the EZ Spare and the lead Tech I spoke with recommended not to get it. He said it could screw up the car's electronics and most likely also the alignment and would negatively impact the car's driving dynamics, even if only used for a short time. So I'm going to pass and just use the tire repair kit if/when I need it.

I was all set to purchase the EZ spare wheel/tire. I went up to the Millbrae Center yesterday to pick up the "Emergency Tire Repair" kit for my upcoming trip tomorrow. Anyway, I mentioned I was thinking about buying the EZ Spare and the lead Tech I spoke with recommended not to get it. He said it could screw up the car's electronics and most likely also the alignment and would negatively impact the car's driving dynamics, even if only used for a short time. So I'm going to pass and just use the tire repair kit if/when I need it.
Was this for the smaller one or the larger full size one? Smaller one I would understand, larger one I am curious as to what their solution is?

I'd rather screw my alignment than be stranded. I have both the repair kit and spare

Emergency use only. I will weigh the risk/reward at the time I need it. I plan to have both the spare and the repair kit available, so the spare should only be needed if there is a sidewall issue. I would rather need an alignment and electronics re-calibration than spend hours waiting on a service van. I also have AAA, so that comes into consideration as well.

I also asked BMW when I bought my M5 about a temp spare on my M since it did not come with a spare and he said about the same thing, might need tires re-balanced and an alignment. He said "we are not going to tell you you can do it, but we aren't going to tell you you can't either".

Last edited:
I just received my EZ Spare Tire (20”x5 lug; 145/60R20) and it fits nicely into the Frunk. I was also able to store the scissor lift and components with the EZ spare in the frunk.
111CB878-3748-4B32-898B-29D8DE6789F0.jpeg

Emergency use only. I will weigh the risk/reward at the time I need it. I plan to have both the spare and the repair kit available, so the spare should only be needed if there is a sidewall issue. I would rather need an alignment and electronics re-calibration than spend hours waiting on a service van. I also have AAA, so that comes into consideration as well.

I also asked BMW when I bought my M5 about a temp spare on my M since it did not come with a spare and he said about the same thing, might need tires re-balanced and an alignment. He said "we are not going to tell you you can do it, but we aren't going to tell you you can't either".
That is consistent with what I was told. He wasn't telling me not to do it but he was not recommending it either. Hopefully the tire repair kit will do the job assuming it doesn't involve a sidewall problem.

Wait, are you saying Lucid sells a small spare? One that will fit in the small frunk space? My understanding is you need to confirm any after market wheels match the lug nut pattern. The Ez spare does, according to owners here.
No the tire repair kit.

Just got my spare yesterday, but no lugs. Question for @hydbob and those who have received the spare: did your lugs arrive separately from the spare?
Also, my spare came in a box, with no cushion. Personally, I would have packed it differently to protect the rim.

Just got my spare yesterday, but no lugs. Question for @hydbob and those who have received the spare: did your lugs arrive separately from the spare?
Also, my spare came in a box, with no cushion. Personally, I would have packed it differently to protect the rim.
Uh, there was a set of something, but I didn't open them. I used the lugs that were on the Dream wheels

Uh, there was a set of something, but I didn't open them. I used the lugs that were on the Dream wheels
They may have forgotten to include the lugs for me. Will call her tomorrow.
By the way, this forum may be the last time she gave a group discount since she said prices are going up for her supply. Who knows how long the discount will last.

I just got notified that they were sending me a set of lug nuts, but I did not even know they hadn’t sent them to begin with as I have not taken my spare out of the box yet. She is sending me the smaller tire, so I saw no reason to take the bigger one out of the box yet. You may not need them.

Prices going up for everything, everywhere.

I just checked, I ended up with a bag of bolts? not nuts...So...are we supposed to get a spare set of lugnuts and not just use the ones on the car itself? I've never had an extra set of lugnuts with any other spare

I just checked, I ended up with a bag of bolts? not nuts...So...are we supposed to get a spare set of lugnuts and not just use the ones on the car itself? I've never had an extra set of lugnuts with any other spare
The lugs/bolts are rim-specific, so most of the times, we need to use the ones supplied by whoever makes the rim. If you can use the Dream lugs, I'd suspect that's pure coincidence and I'd make sure the rim holds tight at the specified torque.

Back