Spare tire

Just installed to make sure it fits 👍
View attachment 1626
So it fits without adapters for the lug nuts? Also, what torque does Lucid spec for the full sies tires, or for that matter what torque should we use for the EZ spare? EZ spare is a brilliant solution, especially since it fits in the front trunk. Will have to secure the scissor jack and wonder if the front and rear trunks have tied-down loops for shock cords? Thank you for the information.

@hydbob - Out of curiosity, why did you buy the smaller spare (145/60R20) rather than the recommended one (195/55R20)? Will the bigger one not fit in the "sub frunk" space?

@CLTGT - Which one did you get since you were in contact with the company directly?
Uh that's the one she sent me soo.... not sure.

So it fits without adapters for the lug nuts? Also, what torque does Lucid spec for the full sies tires, or for that matter what torque should we use for the EZ spare? EZ spare is a brilliant solution, especially since it fits in the front trunk. Will have to secure the scissor jack and wonder if the front and rear trunks have tied-down loops for shock cords? Thank you for the information.
Yes it fit without the adapters. I just put the jack into the bag as well. It fits nicely inside the wheel itself

I got the one they recommend when you go through the selection process for “Lucid”. It is also one of the two she suggested to me in the original email. The smaller one @hydbob got is 26.9 vs 28.4” and is one of the options she suggested. She actually originally suggested that one and the one that comes up on the site, both are within specs according to her. The one she has come up for Lucid is slightly closer to the actual, but being an inch bigger could cause an issue with fitment in the frunk. Only time I am going to put it in the car is on trips and that is actually quite rare. We usually take my wife’s SUV.

I probably should have just called her and gotten the smaller one.

What are the dimensions of the sub frunk? How close is the bigger wheel to fitting in it?

@Demosthenes - Did you order the 195/55R20 wheel? If so, does it fit in the main frunk compartment?

I ordered the bigger one that EZ Spare recommends yesterday, not paying attention to the size @hydbob bought, so I may need to call them first thing tomorrow to change my order.

I got the one they recommend when you go through the selection process for “Lucid”. It is also one of the two she suggested to me in the original email. The smaller one @hydbob got is 26.9 vs 28.4” and is one of the options she suggested. She actually originally suggested that one and the one that comes up on the site, both are within specs according to her. The one she has come up for Lucid is slightly closer to the actual, but being an inch bigger could cause an issue with fitment in the frunk. Only time I am going to put it in the car is on trips and that is actually quite rare. We usually take my wife’s SUV.

I probably should have just called her and gotten the smaller one.
@CLTGT: Like @Neurio, I would like to know if the 195/55R20 fits into the frunk. If not, you might consider emailing the president again and explaining the size constraints of the frunk. With that information, she may change the choice listed on the website. This would prevent future owners from ordering an incorrect choice.

Once I get my car, I’ll check, but we are several weeks away, most likely.

Last edited:
Hi all, I traded emails with Ginny, who runs EZ Spare. @CLTGT, thanks for all your help. She’s awesome, and the company is clearly very good. @KySerenity, I think this answers your question about whether the larger tire fits in the frunk.

There are two tires available through them for the Lucid. Here’s what she said in her email:

The 145/60R20 is 26.9” in diameter and the 195/55R20 is 28.4” in diameter and is a closer match to the Lucid Air factory tires but does NOT fit in the wheel storage spot in the trunk. I think the 145 will work fine as a temporary spare driven at 55 mph for 50-75 miles. I think as much as everyone has paid for their Lucid, I’m sure all are responsible enough to get the factory tire repaired or replaced in a short period of time. The 195/55R60 is a robust Toyo tire 7.7” wide and can be driven several hundred miles as a temporary spare.

Up until tomorrow, EZ Spare defaults to the larger tire if you put in an order, but as most people are opting for the smaller tire, that will become the default starting tomorrow. However, the larger tire definitely has an advantage in terms of durability.

Hi all, I traded emails with Ginny, who runs EZ Spare. @CLTGT, thanks for all your help. She’s awesome, and the company is clearly very good. @KySerenity, I think this answers your question about whether the larger tire fits in the frunk.

There are two tires available through them for the Lucid. Here’s what she said in her email:

The 145/60R20 is 26.9” in diameter and the 195/55R20 is 28.4” in diameter and is a closer match to the Lucid Air factory tires but does NOT fit in the wheel storage spot in the trunk. I think the 145 will work fine as a temporary spare driven at 55 mph for 50-75 miles. I think as much as everyone has paid for their Lucid, I’m sure all are responsible enough to get the factory tire repaired or replaced in a short period of time. The 195/55R60 is a robust Toyo tire 7.7” wide and can be driven several hundred miles as a temporary spare.

Up until tomorrow, EZ Spare defaults to the larger tire if you put in an order, but as most people are opting for the smaller tire, that will become the default starting tomorrow. However, the larger tire definitely has an advantage in terms of durability.
Hmmm... let's have a chat about this tomorrow! I'll bring a measuring tape as well

I don’t think there’s a way to fit the larger spare in the frunk in any configuration.
1102E062-2CD5-42FA-9F66-035C0F517400.jpeg
9EB20235-C623-4A63-9274-47B52A0F9AA2.jpeg
8E6CE5F9-D93C-4677-B2E7-8793E3E55BEC.jpeg

Will it even fit in the trunk?

Will it even fit in the trunk?
Yes it fits in the trunk but takes up quite a bit of the space. Doesn’t seem to fit in the sub-trunk. The smaller size is the way to go if you intend on carrying the spare with you on a regular basis.

Yes it fits in the trunk but takes up quite a bit of the space. Doesn’t seem to fit in the sub-trunk. The smaller size is the way to go if you intend on carrying the spare with you on a regular basis.
Does the ordinary tire fit in the trunk so you can bring the flat tire home with you?

Question - are these tires all spares for the 21s? Has anyone gotten a spare for the 19s or does it not matter? I know absolutely nothing about tires.

Question - are these tires all spares for the 21s? Has anyone gotten a spare for the 19s or does it not matter? I know absolutely nothing about tires.

I’m sure it’s all one and the same. Ginny let me know that EZ Spare now defaults to the smaller tire. Leave a note on your order or send an email if you want the larger one.

I emailed to exchange my larger one for the smaller one and they’re taking care of it. Great company, very responsive!
I did the same this morning and Ginny personally replied. Love the customer service there!

Does the ordinary tire fit in the trunk so you can bring the flat tire home with you?
Hm I’m not sure and haven’t tried but I assume it fits in the regular trunk but not much else will fit if it’s in there. As an absolute last resort, I suppose it could be thrown into the back seat 😱

Back