Some odds and ends

I just talked CS, he mentioned that the car may be locked but not completely in sleep mode, it can cause a drain. He also advised to keep the key fob away from car when parked in home garage. I am going to try that and will start a journal on SOC when parked.

According to @Alex the car uses BLE, you can't get your phone far enough away since that's a mesh network. Needs to be fixed over OTA. Just seems some cars will have more issues than others due to other devices. I'm learning more and more about BLE and the more I don't like it.

According to @Alex the car uses BLE, you can't get your phone far enough away since that's a mesh network. Needs to be fixed over OTA. Just seems some cars will have more issues than others due to other devices. I'm learning more and more about BLE and the more I don't like it.
Really? Is that how BLE works?

Does it tend to happen more if you poll the car with the app, perhaps waking it up?
I notice that the car communicates with HQ at least every 3 hours if not more often. I've never seen a "last updated" message that has been longer than 3 hours

I notice that the car communicates with HQ at least every 3 hours if not more often. I've never seen a "last updated" message that has been longer than 3 hours
Hopefully they look at that as a potential source of the phantom drain. It may not allow the car to go to sleep. They need their rest. ;)

Does it tend to happen more if you poll the car with the app, perhaps waking it up?
Not as far as I can tell.

My car had the frunk get stuck today. That was fun.

Turns out if you let it go to sleep with the frunk up it gets super confused when it wakes up. I had to forcibly close it.

Yep, it's a known issue too lol. Guess they hadn't solved that since November.

Turns out if you let it go to sleep with the frunk up it gets super confused when it wakes up. I had to forcibly close it.

Anyone having issues with the tire pressure monitor on the iphone app? I haven't received readings for quite a few updates. Just showing dashes for each tire. I recall getting them early on, but nothing for quite a while. Was just hoping it was an app issue that would be fixed.

Anyone having issues with the tire pressure monitor on the iphone app? I haven't received readings for quite a few updates. Just showing dashes for each tire. I recall getting them early on, but nothing for quite a while. Was just hoping it was an app issue that would be fixed.

The TPMS sensors only work when the tires are warm - if you drive it around a bit, you’ll see the tire pressures in the car and on the app. (Or, if you are charging, you’ll see one or both of the front two)

Ok showing my ignorance here. How does the car decide to "go to sleep" and how do you wake it up?

Ok showing my ignorance here. How does the car decide to "go to sleep" and how do you wake it up?
From what I can tell, it goes to sleep after it locks for a period of time, I would guess 5 minutes because a quick in and out from a store has shown me its already back to sleep. It will wake up with a key within range or if pinged from the app, but it definitely takes 30 seconds at minimum to wake up in the app from a sleep state.

From what I can tell, it goes to sleep after it locks for a period of time, I would guess 5 minutes because a quick in and out from a store has shown me its already back to sleep. It will wake up with a key within range or if pinged from the app, but it definitely takes 30 seconds at minimum to wake up in the app from a sleep state.
So on my MacBook Pro laptop I can control how long the computer stays "awake" before it goes to "sleep". I'm wondering if there is a setting that can be adjusted to delay the "sleep" activation on the Lucid?

So on my MacBook Pro laptop I can control how long the computer stays "awake" before it goes to "sleep". I'm wondering if there is a setting that can be adjusted to delay the "sleep" activation on the Lucid?
Not yet.

But I wonder, if like Tesla, there's a 'sleep' and a 'deep sleep'. There seem to be a number of similarities between Lucid & Tesla, so this wouldn't surprise me.

What Lucid should do is tie sleep state to geofencing. Car should learn where it should deep sleep and where it's shouldn't until it's been a longer set time has elapsed.
I wonder if the 45 minute “keep the climate controlled” keeps it from going to sleep. Haven’t tried it, but curious if that would work.

I plan on using this feature a lot to have car comfortable when I leave work since its in an outdoor parking garage.

What Lucid should do is tie sleep state to geofencing. Car should learn where it should deep sleep and where it's shouldn't until it's been a longer set time has elapsed.

I plan on using this feature a lot to have car comfortable when I leave work since its in an outdoor parking garage.
This is a must-have for South Florida. It's the number one reason we bought our first EV 9 years ago. You can start cooling the Lucid from your Apple watch.

Attachments

• Lucid A:C watch.jpg
    Lucid A:C watch.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 101
Back