• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Some odds and ends

Dream Edition #154 came home today after two weeks in the hospital.

While there she got a new license plate mount, new weatherstripping on the trunk, a trunk realignment, a new A/C blower unit, a new CCV module, and a facelift to give her the youthful blush of software version 1.1.7.

We've been in and out of the car about a half dozen times today and put about 70 miles on it. Thus far there have been no screen freezes and no music dropouts -- something the car could seldom manage for 10 miles without a freeze, blackout, or dropout. (God, how I love that sound system.)

They replaced the A/C blower after finding a fan mounting bolt showing unexplained signs of rust. The A/C system has been quiet so far, but the noises it was making were infrequent occurrences, so the jury will be out for a while on that one.

The facial recognition software now works, but every app has to be set up separately for each driver profile: Homelink, Alexa, Spotify, Tidal. I got them all set up under my profile, and they work. But the Tidal website kept freezing, so that remains to be done for the second driver profile. And the second driver has not yet set up Alexa in his profile, so we cannot use Alexa when he is driving the car.

The service advisor told me that Homelink was not yet geofenced, but it now seems to be on our car. The door-closing prompts come up automatically when backing out of and approaching the garage.

We now have some Dream Drive features, but they are fairly rudimentary, and there are some glitches. I was able to turn off the feature that annoyingly turns speed signs orange on the driver's screen when exceeding the speed limit, but turning the feature off in the other driver profile did not work.

I was told we had Lane Keep Assist but that you still have to keep your hand on the steering wheel, as the driver monitoring camera was not yet programmed to act as the nanny. However, I can't get Lane Keep Assist to work at all. Is there something I'm not doing or doing wrong to activate it?

With both our phones newly linked to the car, we were told not to carry the key fob, as having both with the car would confuse it. So we went out to dinner without the key fob. The phone opened the car when we were in the garage, but when leaving the restaurant we could not get either phone to open the car. Luckily, we had one of the key cards with us. Confusion or not, I'm not leaving home without the key fob again. I'd rather deal with confused driver profiles than being locked out of the car.

So -- for now, at least -- we seem to be in the same boat as most other owners: some glitchy software and some not-yet-loaded features, but a solid basic car and computer platform poised to mature with continuing software updates.

Even though I was a bit on tenterhooks waiting for a screen freeze or dropout that never came, it's hard to overstate just how good it felt to drive this car again with its rock-solid chassis, beautiful road behavior, smooth and quiet ride, airy and roomy cabin . . . and, praise Jesus!, a real steering wheel and turn signal stalks instead of that blasted Tesla yoke and goofball buttons.
Wow, that was a lot of stuff to be repaired.

While there she got a new license plate mount, new weatherstripping on the trunk, a trunk realignment, a new A/C blower unit, a new CCV module, and a facelift to give her the youthful blush of software version 1.1.7.

We've been in and out of the car about a half dozen times today and put about 70 miles on it. Thus far there have been no screen freezes and no music dropouts -- something the car could seldom manage for 10 miles without a freeze, blackout, or dropout. (God, how I love that sound system.)

They replaced the A/C blower after finding a fan mounting bolt showing unexplained signs of rust. The A/C system has been quiet so far, but the noises it was making were infrequent occurrences, so the jury will be out for a while on that one.

The facial recognition software now works, but every app has to be set up separately for each driver profile: Homelink, Alexa, Spotify, Tidal. I got them all set up under my profile, and they work. But the Tidal website kept freezing, so that remains to be done for the second driver profile. And the second driver has not yet set up Alexa in his profile, so we cannot use Alexa when he is driving the car.

The service advisor told me that Homelink was not yet geofenced, but it now seems to be on our car. The door-closing prompts come up automatically when backing out of and approaching the garage.

We now have some Dream Drive features, but they are fairly rudimentary, and there are some glitches. I was able to turn off the feature that annoyingly turns speed signs orange on the driver's screen when exceeding the speed limit, but turning the feature off in the other driver profile did not work.

I was told we had Lane Keep Assist but that you still have to keep your hand on the steering wheel, as the driver monitoring camera was not yet programmed to act as the nanny. However, I can't get Lane Keep Assist to work at all. Is there something I'm not doing or doing wrong to activate it?

With both our phones newly linked to the car, we were told not to carry the key fob, as having both with the car would confuse it. So we went out to dinner without the key fob. The phone opened the car when we were in the garage, but when leaving the restaurant we could not get either phone to open the car. Luckily, we had one of the key cards with us. Confusion or not, I'm not leaving home without the key fob again. I'd rather deal with confused driver profiles than being locked out of the car.

So -- for now, at least -- we seem to be in the same boat as most other owners: some glitchy software and some not-yet-loaded features, but a solid basic car and computer platform poised to mature with continuing software updates.

Even though I was a bit on tenterhooks waiting for a screen freeze or dropout that never came, it's hard to overstate just how good it felt to drive this car again with its rock-solid chassis, beautiful road behavior, smooth and quiet ride, airy and roomy cabin . . . and, praise Jesus!, a real steering wheel and turn signal stalks instead of that blasted Tesla yoke and goofball buttons.
Did you at least get a free T-shirt for all the trouble?

Hmm "The service advisor told me that Homelink was not yet geofenced" Homelink is geofencing now and has since day one. We are on 1.1.5

What do you mean by lane keep assist? The only thing active is where it nudges you back into your lane when you stray without signaling.

I'm so glad to hear things are looking up!

Hmm "The service advisor told me that Homelink was not yet geofenced" Homelink is geofencing now and has since day one. We are on 1.1.5

It might have been because we had a bad CCV module, but geofencing was not working on our car during the month we had it prior to this service stint.

What do you mean by lane keep assist? The only thing active is where it nudges you back into your lane when you stray without signaling.

You're referring to Lane Departure Warning, which shows up as an active feature in the DreamDrive menu. I'm referring to Lane Keep Assist, sometimes called Autosteer or something similar, whereby the car steers itself without driver input, both on straightaways and through curves (but not turns).

I had a long exhale reading your post! So glad for you. Back in the saddle, YES!

You're referring to Lane Departure Warning, which shows up as an active feature in the DreamDrive menu. I'm referring to Lane Keep Assist, sometimes called Autosteer or something similar, whereby the car steers itself without driver input, both on straightaways and through curves (but not turns).
wait. THAT'S ACTIVE?!? in 1.1.7?!?! haha, on 1.1.5 it wasn't available yet

Wow, that was a lot of stuff to be repaired.

I guess it's a matter of perspective. The Lucid Air has been in production for a few months. The hardware issues we've already had with our 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid -- ten years after its predecessor model went into production -- is actually longer:

- yoke scuffing against the steering column
- driver side outside rearview mirror replaced due to being loose in mount
- several misaligned body panels
- dashboard trim offset to left and rubbing against inside of driver door
- paint protection film behind rear wheel wells is noticeably yellow on white car
- front passenger door will not latch without being slammed hard
- rubber cap has fallen off steel pin on underside of trunk lid
- Tesla mobile service coming tomorrow to perform a recall repair

Lucid has jumped onto every issue immediately and with both feet, and all the hardware issues are resolved. You can't even get anyone to answer a phone at a Tesla Service Center, which is why we're just living with all but two of the above Tesla problems.

wait. THAT'S ACTIVE?!? in 1.1.7?!?! haha, on 1.1.5 it wasn't available yet

I don't think it is active in 1.1.7. I think the service advisor might have been confused and was thinking I was asking about Lane Departure Warning.

By the way, he told me that placing phone calls via Alexa is not yet activated. He said that Amazon hasn't yet given Lucid access to all the functionality it was supposed to have in the car. Lucid has been trying to get the phone calling issue resolved with Amazon for two weeks, but Amazon seems to be slow-walking their response. I found this a bit confusing, as in the early days I was able a few times to place a call through Alexa. But it malfunctioned so often that I just quit trying and started using Siri to place hands-free calls, which I am still having to do, even with the car's new CCV module.

I don't think it is active in 1.1.7. I think the service advisor might have been confused and was thinking I was asking about Lane Departure Warning.

By the way, he told me that placing phone calls via Alexa is not yet activated. He said that Amazon hasn't yet given Lucid access to all the functionality it was supposed to have in the car. Lucid has been trying to get the phone calling issue resolved with Amazon for two weeks, but Amazon seems to be slow-walking their response. I found this a bit confusing, as in the early days I was able a few times to place a call through Alexa. But it malfunctioned so often that I just quit trying and started using Siri to place hands-free calls, which I am still having to do, even with the car's new CCV module.

Lucid calls this feature “Highway Assist” and says it’s coming later in 2022.

Are other owners having trouble with using the mobile key? While the service techs were at the house setting up the car yesterday, the mobile key opened the car upon approach. Last evening at dinner and again this morning in the garage, the mobile key did not work, and I had to use the key card.

Are other owners having trouble with using the mobile key? While the service techs were at the house setting up the car yesterday, the mobile key opened the car upon approach. Last evening at dinner and again this morning in the garage, the mobile key did not work, and I had to use the key card.
It really seems like the mobile key is largely impacted by the car sleep state. Did it work after pushing the handle in?

The phone works for me
Most of the time. But I have gotten into the habit of “waking up” the car a few minutes before I leave the house or store etc

Works fine with my wife's Iphone (latest version). Behaves sporadically with my Iphone 11. She just received an update a few minutes ago. Nothing on mine... Downloading now.

It really seems like the mobile key is largely impacted by the car sleep state. Did it work after pushing the handle in?

No. I'd push the handle in, and the handle would extend momentarily but draw back in before I could open the door.

The phone works for me
Most of the time. But I have gotten into the habit of “waking up” the car a few minutes before I leave the house or store etc

Sort of defeats the purpose of just being able to walk up to the car and have it open without forward planning.

Works fine with my wife's Iphone (latest version). Behaves sporadically with my Iphone 11. She just received an update a few minutes ago. Nothing on mine... Downloading now.

I still have an iPhone 10. However, my partner has a fairly new Google Pixel 6, and the car is behaving the same way with his phone.

Oh, well, the good news is that I'm now having only the same problems as other owners, not the cornucopia of unique problems that once were my lot.

I had an app on my Samsung Galaxy open access to the root of the phone. Later and update removed that ability so it clearly may have been accidental access to calling feature.

No. I'd push the handle in, and the handle would extend momentarily but draw back in before I could open the door.

Sort of defeats the purpose of just being able to walk up to the car and have it open without forward planning.

I still have an iPhone 10. However, my partner has a fairly new Google Pixel 6, and the car is behaving the same way with his phone.

Oh, well, the good news is that I'm now having only the same problems as other owners, not the cornucopia of unique problems that once were my lot.
Lol, welcome back to our boat?

Haha good to be with the group. I have been getting a child lock error sporadically. Anyone else get that? I was hoping the software updates would correct it but it has not.

Back