Some odds and ends

Yea, I'm not sure why Lucid keep the car in such a deep sleep state all the time compared to other EVs for that matter. It probably could be fixed with software updates. But there has to be some middle ground on how and why it's implemented this way for now and how to improve it.

Clearly it can't be to reserve power

Clearly it can't be to reserve power
Yea thats my point too! There is some phantom drain, not a HUGE amount but every night you are losing charge for what though? Everytime I get in the car, it's booting from cold and everytime I open the app it has to wake up?

Yea, I'm not sure why Lucid keep the car in such a deep sleep state all the time compared to other EVs for that matter. It probably could be fixed with software updates. But there has to be some middle ground on how and why it's implemented this way for now and how to improve it.
Tesla had problems killing the 12 V batteries due to the high number of charge/discharge cycles needed to keep the car awake. Tesla Switched to a Lithium Ion 12 volt. I would be shocked if Lucid is not using a similar system as the problem is well known in the industry.

How about using the 112kWh battery to keep 12v charged, can't be that hard to do!

Attachments

• Tesla Li-Ion .jpg
    Tesla Li-Ion .jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 140
It has 2, one in the front and one in the back

Lithium or Lead Acid?
Hmm the rear one is easy to access front not so much. Let me try tomorrow when service comes to take my car, again...4th time now

Here's a picture, maybe someone can decipher.
20220221_190926.jpg

So this is a bad thing? Someone tell me how I'm supposed to feel!

Hydbob, my impression is that Li-ion is the superior tech, but lead acid is cheaper. Many Tesla owners switched over to Lithium when their 12v batteries died before Tesla switched over themselves in some, if not all models. Tesla owners got tired of replacing their lead acid batteries and having their cars DOA. With that said I don’t know what other EV makers are using, especially in newer EVs.

Hydbob, my impression is that Li-ion is the superior tech, but lead acid is cheaper. Many Tesla owners switched over to Lithium when their 12v batteries died before Tesla switched over themselves in some, if not all models. Tesla owners got tired of replacing their lead acid batteries and having their cars DOA. With that said I don’t know what other EV makers are using, especially in newer EVs.

Wouldn't an equivalent Li-ion battery weigh less? I guess there's the first hack.

Back