• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Some odds and ends

This is a must-have for South Florida. It's the number one reason we bought our first EV 9 years ago. You can start cooling the Lucid from your Apple watch.

Arizona too. I use the BMW phone app in the summer to turn on the AC in my 530e after I finish the 17th hole. The car is very comfortable by the time I get to it.

This is a must-have for South Florida. It's the number one reason we bought our first EV 9 years ago. You can start cooling the Lucid from your Apple watch.
Totally agree, for the opposite reason: in Colorado’s freezing winters, it is absolutely delightful to trudge out to the parking garage to a toasty car.

IF you wake the car up so it can accept commands, I can say "Hey Google, ask Lucid motors to set my car temp to 72 degrees." The problem is the car having to be awake first.

Ok now I'm getting confused again. I believe MikeTz just showed a photo of his Apple Watch telling his Lucid to set the temp to 72 degrees which I'm assuming he did from the Lucid App and from some distance away. Are you saying that won't work unless the car is already "awake"?

Ok now I'm getting confused again. I believe MikeTz just showed a photo of his Apple Watch telling his Lucid to set the temp to 72 degrees which I'm assuming he did from the Lucid App and from some distance away. Are you saying that won't work unless the car is already "awake"?
Well, in my experience on Android, the car won't do anything unless it is no longer in sleep mode. See on this screenshot what is referring to.

Screenshot_20220220-174528_Lucid.jpg

Well, in my experience on Android, the car won't do anything unless it is no longer in sleep mode. See on this screenshot what is referring to.

View attachment 894
Ok so it looks like whatever you did is causing the car to "wake up" as the waking up logo is about 2/3 completed. Did you do this from your Android phone? If so, were you near the car or far away?

Ok so it looks like whatever you did is causing the car to "wake up" as the waking up logo is about 2/3 completed. Did you do this from your Android phone? If so, were you near the car or far away?
This happens everytime I open the app after the car has been sitting for a while.

Yes it takes about 30 seconds to wake up. I will get an error occasionally that says no network connection

This happens everytime I open the app after the car has been sitting for a while.
Ok but are you doing this from near the car or can you do it from the golf course like was mentioned earlier?

Ok but are you doing this from near the car or can you do it from the golf course like was mentioned earlier?
Oh this can be done from anywhere as long as the car can receive cell service

Arizona too. I use the BMW phone app in the summer to turn on the AC in my 530e after I finish the 17th hole. The car is very comfortable by the time I get to it.

So does this mean it cools really quick and you are a low handicapper or... :D

Oh this can be done from anywhere as long as the car can receive cell service
I’m surprised you guys haven’t had previous cars that did the same thing. This is a very common feature these days. As hydbob said, if the car has cellular service you’re good to go…or warm up or cool off.

I’m surprised you guys haven’t had previous cars that did the same thing. This is a very common feature these days. As hydbob said, if the car has cellular service you’re good to go…or warm up or cool off.

Ha! I'm driving a 2014

So does this mean it cools really quick and you are a low handicapper or... :D
I wish the latter. With an arthritic hip, a bum knee and a torn rotator cuff I am lucky to be a 19. But it does cool quickly. Because it is a phev, I have to remember to leave some electronis or the remote call function won't work.

To be honest, I wish more EV did what Tesla does with the overheat protection and cap the cabin at 105f. I loved that feature in my Model 3 and Model S

However: The reason Tesla (originally) did it was that they were having significant failure issues with interior components failing in extreme heat. Most manufacturers design for this and as such don’t need the protection.

It appears the car must be awake to use either the watch or the app. I tried it this morning from 100 feet and the watch displayed the "unable to connect to vehicle".

Attachments

• Lucid watch 2.jpg
    Lucid watch 2.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 104
It appears the car must be awake to use either the watch or the app. I tried it this morning from 100 feet and the watch displayed the "unable to connect to vehicle".
Okay, back to being confused again!! I thought others here commented as long as you have a good cell connection you are "good to go"???

Okay, back to being confused again!! I thought others here commented as long as you have a good cell connection you are "good to go"???
You are not good to go until the app wakes up the car. which mine takes about 20 seconds. The car will go back to sleep after a minute or so of inactivity. I believe Lucid set the timers to reduce the drain on the 12-volt system. The Tesla app on the other hand wakes up the car within a few seconds and does not seem to go back to sleep for quite some timeI

Yea, I'm not sure why Lucid keep the car in such a deep sleep state all the time compared to other EVs for that matter. It probably could be fixed with software updates. But there has to be some middle ground on how and why it's implemented this way for now and how to improve it.

Back