Some odds and ends

I just rewatched the "Throttle House" video review again and noticed something that didn't catch my focus the first time. They said the airflow around the wheels was engineered, in part, to enhance brake cooling. I wonder if removing the aero vanes will have a deleterious effect on brake cooling?

If so, removing the vanes for local driving would be just the times when I do more spirited driving with more braking than on road trips when I might want the vanes in place for range extension.

Jeez, why is nothing simple? It's for these kinds of technical questions that I wish Lucid would designate an "Ask Lucid" engineer to respond to such musings.

I think that is the vent on the front bumper which comes through the front wheel well and comes out on the outside of the wheels and down the side of the car. It probably creates a vacuum effect on the heat from the wheels.

My guess though is that none of it matters unless you are driving super hard on a track or something.

Front and rear charging animation. Stays on for about 15 seconds after locking car.

Interesting, cross traffic alert is working.

Front and rear charging animation. Stays on for about 15 seconds after locking car.

So does this 15 second light show indicate the car is locked or just that it is charging? Does it do this when you just lock the car and are not charging?

It only comes up when the car is charging and you lock it. Maybe to show you it's still charging? I'm not sure the purpose, just that it also shuts off after 15 seconds even though the car remains to charge.

Looks like it indicates state of charge as well? The light bar looked illuminated to about 80% constantly with the moving might indicating it's actively charging.

Possibly, that'd be nice but then if it were...wouldn't it be better to stay on? SOC at time of video was 81% lol

If it stayed on all the time, it would be a waste of energy. I assume it shows up again when you unlock the car? If so, it's an easy way to check SOC without looking at the screens or your phone.

So I also got the "present" today from Lucid (Blackwing pencils and sharpener and pencil sketch) thanking me for my Dream reservation. Interestingly the UPS label had "Lucid Air Dream Edition 170" at the bottom of the label. I'm wondering if the number 170 has any significance??
IMG_3849.jpg

So I also got the "present" today from Lucid (Blackwing pencils and sharpener and pencil sketch) thanking me for my Dream reservation. Interestingly the UPS label had "Lucid Air Dream Edition 170" at the bottom of the label. I'm wondering if the number 170 has any significance??
View attachment 352
I made a separate thread on this, looks like you got the same item I did. Mine says LucidAirDreamEdition4. So the number probably means nothing significant.

Stuck a cooler and a bunch of snow clothes into the frunk.
20211223_080804.jpg

A friend of mine in Buffalo calls that his "90 bag". Because if you live in Buffalo there is a chance of getting stuck on I-90 in a lake effect storm, and being there a while.

I know this is kind of mundane, but how are texts displayed and how easy is it to hands free respond? Can you respond to group texts? My Toyota Tundra cannot.

So far as I have experienced, texts come in and you can have it read to you. I cannot respond via voice so...that feature is completely lacking or I haven't figured it out yet.

So far as I have experienced, texts come in and you can have it read to you. I cannot respond via voice so...that feature is completely lacking or I haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks! Do they at least have preset responses?

So I'm experiencing excessive battery drain in my key fob. Even after the update to help correct some issues with the fob, it's been 3 weeks and it's giving me a battery low warning.

So I'm experiencing excessive battery drain in my key fob. Even after the update to help correct some issues with the fob, it's been 3 weeks and it's giving me a battery low warning.

Are they using CR2032?

Yep

Back