Some odds and ends

From what I understand, no. There are drain holes for water and the charger can operate in wet conditions. It's mainly for dust and to be protected. Honestly, this probably would never affect me, but it was driving me crazy.

That's going to be a bit of a pain when using the fast chargers. You'll have to put it in your pocket or somewhere and I suspect it will be lost before too long. It's too bad there isn't something that tethers so it doesn't go anywhere and just dangles when in use like a gas cap.

Someone should pose this question to Lucid before owners go crazy. Is there a reason for the absence of a cover? Does the absence present any hazard?

It look like in images that the door has a gasket.

From what I understand, no. There are drain holes for water and the charger can operate in wet conditions. It's mainly for dust and to be protected. Honestly, this probably would never affect me, but it was driving me crazy.
If it were me I wouldn't get nuts about it. In fact there's a positive side to this. I find it just a bit of a pain, when at a fast charger with my e-Tron, to have to flip down the cover before inserting the handle. Lucid's design eliminates that minor inconvenience.

I only want it available if I'm not using a fast charger. Some destination Chargers are only J1772 which would leave the DC portion exposed.

I wouldn't go sticking anything in there but the pins look like they are detent to expose electrical connection. I've never seen one up close so just going by photos. So in essence is already covered...? They don't look metal to me.

So one thing I did notice, if you are getting the 21" dream wheels with the Aero caps. Remove them immediately if you plan to drive without them. I made the mistake of leaving mine on, and the sand and dirt that gets in caused some micro-scratches on the rims where the cap meets the wheel. It's barely noticeable, I only noticed it when I was up close cleaning the rims.

So one thing I did notice, if you are getting the 21" dream wheels with the Aero caps. Remove them immediately if you plan to drive without them. I made the mistake of leaving mine on, and the sand and dirt that gets in caused some micro-scratches on the rims where the cap meets the wheel. It's barely noticeable, I only noticed it when I was up close cleaning the rims.

Do you have an idea how much removing the aero blades affects mileage at highway speeds? And do you have a photo of the wheels with the blades removed?

No idea on mileage difference.
20211119_183613.jpg

Whoa . . . that looks pretty good. I was thinking that the wheel design is so busy that adding a view of the rotors and calipers might clutter the look up too much. Actually, it looks cleaner to me.

So after the software update, it FEELS like they've increased the aggressiveness of the regen braking on the high setting.

So I noticed on my test drive the regen was already pretty aggressive. I’m not sure I understand how hyper milling actually works on this car?? Can someone please explain it?

Thanks for those observations.

On #2, how long is it before the rear view cameras actually engage? There are too many situations where I wouldn’t begin backing until the cameras were active. Have you brought that to Lucid’s attention in terms of whether they’ll be able to shorten that boot up time?
I have found about 20 seconds for cameras and 30 seconds for music. I am usually out of parking lot or at the end of my street by the time everything is running.

So I've had a bit more time with the car and have some other tidbits to share...

1) The 21" Dream wheels have aero covers which can be removed. After finding that out, I am looking into getting my calipers painted.

2) The UI takes some time to boot up entering the car. Once you open the door and get in, you can drive within about 5 seconds but the UI will not have finished loading yet so no cameras, no hold assist, no parking sensors, nothing computer related will be working yet until it finishes loading.

3) Facial recognition among the 4 users I programmed in worked well to adjust our seats, mirrors, and steering wheel. I'd like to see or maybe find the setting where we can save our driving preference as well (drive mode, hold assist, creep, and regen mode).

4) Homelink was easy to setup pretty standard.

5) DreamDrive has many options disabled currently. I was told that roght know the only functions I could access were lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control.

6) Setting up a dashcam right now is proving to be an interesting puzzle considering the 12v plug is in the trunk. I ordered one to see how routing wires work and will report back after I give it a go.

7) Phone key and key fob work well. Car will automatically start up and unlock about 10 feet away and will also lock automatically when you get about 10 feet away. I hope in the future the car will have an option to automatically close all windows upon lock.

8) Alexa works albeit slightly slow. Syncing the Lucid app to my Google Home was easy but I have only been able to ask Google once about the status of my car and have it work. Other times the Lucid AI states she cannot get that information for me. The Lucid AI voice is superior to Google Homr and I wish I could change all my AI voices to hers.

9) One the Lucid provided home charger, with the Nema 14-50 plug I was getting 35mi/hr at 78% SOC. With the standard 110 plug I was getting 1mi/hr.

10) I am able to fit a set of 7 year old twins into the frunk with no issue.
Nice post. I have found the same. I’m finding the phone key to be somewhat inconsistent, I keep the valet card key in my wallet just in case. Have been using phone 100% as I’m not a fan of the included remote. On first road trip this weekend and will post my 10 day summary with a road trip tomorrow.

Nice post. I have found the same. I’m finding the phone key to be somewhat inconsistent, I keep the valet card key in my wallet just in case. Have been using phone 100% as I’m not a fan of the included remote. On first road trip this weekend and will post my 10 day summary with a road trip tomorrow.
The phone key was super unreliable when we got our model 3 early in their run. It’s prob just a bug to be squashed

I use my fob exclusively and it works 99% of the time before I get to my car and walk away. There have been times when I have to push the handle to unlock but it's not that often.

I have found about 20 seconds for cameras and 30 seconds for music. I am usually out of parking lot or at the end of my street by the time everything is running.
I really think this is something Lucid needs to address. It should not take 20 seconds for the backup cameras to engage. On both my Audi & Sonata, backup cameras engage almost instantly. This is a safety issue. The music is no big deal, the cameras not so much. If backing, I’d suggest everyone wait until the cameras engage.

The backup camera is engaged once you are able to drive. It's the surround cameras that take longer to load. What happens if you are quick, is unlock the car and once you push the brake it lights everything up and allows you to put it in gear. If you choose reverse, the backup camera will turn on, but the surround system is not available. I've just adjusted my routine in the car to this:

Enter car
Push brake
Put phone in center console
Put on seatbelt
Open gate
Put car in gear

By then normally the camera system is completely loaded.

Back