Some odds and ends

Ah! That’s a big difference. It’s far more important for the rear camera to activate immediately than the surround cameras. How about the rear cross-traffic alert system? Does that come on line along with the rear camera?

That part of the ADAS isn't active yet at alll.

Bob
Awesome ride!!!!
Great info as well
When you get some time could you post some exterior pics

That part of the ADAS isn't active yet at alll.
All of it! And no cruise control too! But they say some of it will be active in a week or two - or at least by the time I get my car this year. And no Apple CarPlay/Android Auto in the foreseeable future.

That's probably the weirdest thing for me is no android auto considering they are using android automotive

But they say some of it will be active in a week or two - or at least by the time I get my car this year.

It's already less than two weeks to the end of the year. Have you heard anything about a firm delivery date yet?

Lucid acknowledged receipt of full payment for our car, and they received the FedEx package today with the DMV documents I had to sign in person. I was hoping that would trigger a call to give me a delivery date, but nothing yet . . . .

All of it! And no cruise control too! But they say some of it will be active in a week or two - or at least by the time I get my car this year. And no Apple CarPlay/Android Auto in the foreseeable future.
That’s just crazy that some of this wasn’t released with the car. Cruise control? Cruise control is not the pinnacle of technology.

It's already less than two weeks to the end of the year. Have you heard anything about a firm delivery date yet?

Lucid acknowledged receipt of full payment for our car, and they received the FedEx package today with the DMV documents I had to sign in person. I was hoping that would trigger a call to give me a delivery date, but nothing yet . . . .
No date yet. I got the fedex package Saturday and sending it back today. But based on the sales rep’s comment last week, my name was brought up that I’m in the next production/delivery batch.

That’s just crazy that some of this wasn’t released with the car. Cruise control? Cruise control is not the pinnacle of technology.
I think, since it’s using the radar for distance control, anything that uses the advanced sensors, is currently disabled.

Perhaps, but why not just enable normal cruise control as opposed to adaptive cc?

Perhaps, but why not just enable normal cruise control as opposed to adaptive cc?
I don't know - maybe that is hidden somewhere? Maybe someone who has their car can comment on that.

It's not. It has to be some regulatory thing. They had working versions during the factory commissioning

It's not. It has to be some regulatory thing. They had working versions during the factory commissioning
I don't know what regulatory agency is involved in this. Take for example, Tesla, which just puts a beta tag on the feature and calls it a day. Tesla even disabled automatic braking for a while when they switched from Radar to Vision based speed control. I think in reality Lucid is still testing the system and they are afraid of releasing the version they had during the press conference until they test it in more scenarios. But it's hard to imagine having to do this much testing so late in the game. They are using the Continental ADAS system (https://conti-engineering.com/domains-and-markets/vehicle-domain/adas/) (or at least it sounds that way) and all they have to do is shoehorn it in.

I think the hard reality is that the Air isn't quite ready for delivery, but Lucid found themselves boxed in by two things. (1) With the possibility of the Motor Trend Car of the Year award in the offing, Lucid had to begin customer deliveries before November in order to quality for the award, which it viewed as a critical public validation of the car's merits. (2) In an effort to calm investors after missing the promise of Q2 deliveries, Lucid assured investors that cars would be delivered by year end. With a stock price now in the equation and more eyes on the company, Lucid saw the consequences of yet another delivery miss as inflicting wider reputational damage than a premature release of the car with a few missing features that could be added later.

I'm not worried that Lucid won't get the ADAS system up and running at some point before too long, but I can't shake the notion that we're seeing a symptom of a premature release of the car.

I am one of the 520 Dream confirmed orders. Eleven days left in the year; still no VIN. Starting to look like they may miss the 577 deliveries originally promised for this year and questionable if they will deliver all 520 Dream Editions. If they miss the stock might take a hit!

If they wanted to test it in more scenarios, wouldn't enabling it on the Dream cars help with that?

I am one of the 520 Dream confirmed orders. Eleven days left in the year; still no VIN. Starting to look like they may miss the 577 deliveries originally promised for this year and questionable if they will deliver all 520 Dream Editions. If they miss the stock might take a hit!
When did you confirm? What is your configuration?

No idea on mileage difference.View attachment 329

Hydbob, the following video (which is a very entertaining review of the Air) shows the aero vanes just being popped off the wheels without having to remove the lug nuts. Is it really that simple?

The clip about the wheels begins at 15:40:

Yep!

Back