Some odds and ends

The only 12v socket is in the trunk. Didn't want to run it because my delivery concierge said they were working on getting the dashcam software up and running. Confirmed the same with the service manager when I spoke with him regarding dashcam as well.

Also, I tried looking at the seals to run along the roofline and because of the glass there is no elegant solution. The liner on the top is also fitted really well and I didn't want to mess with the finish...yet. if the dashcam software is taking too long then I'll reconsider but for now, it is possible. You have to put it under the camera on the top, run it along the middle light bar, around the glass border, have some wiring stick out on the transition from top to side, down the side, under the carpet to rear seats, up the seats through the side then into the trunk.

My dad decided to take a drive today up the canyon with the grandchildren.

Drove only in swift mode in standard regen. He took before and after pics of mileage and battery levels. End results below and he also made 2 of the 3 kids car sick.

His comments were:

Great driving feel
can easily go 20-30mph over speed limit suggestion on curves
feels totally planted
Too many electronics to mess around with
Could not adjust regen while driving to "downshift"
While driving aggressively on curves, A pillar blocks vision slightly
Steering wheel blocks vision of some screens slightly
Noticed his hands making noise across the steering wheel while turning
Very smooth, great power while going uphill

20211211_111034.jpg
20211211_124435.jpg

OK, the one that has me scratching my head is his hands making noise across the steering wheel while turning. You can make a noise with your hands with almost any steering wheel. What was different about this one?

Regarding the A pillar hurting visibility on curves, do you find this too?

I think it's because he's not used to an EV, so in an ICE car you would have engine noise which would mask it out.

I've not noticed it as much, but I haven't been able to take it on any canyon roads. This was Azusa canyon, CA BTW in case anyone cares enough to look at a map

Picture at night since someone on other forum asked.
20211211_180712.jpg

Okay, minor complaint. No CCS cover for the DC section.

Yea, the etron, mach e, and id4 has covers

Okay, minor complaint. No CCS cover for the DC section.

Any idea whether this was a supplier issue that Lucid plans to correct?

Now that I think of it, the Teslas I've driven for six years have no internal covers over the charging receptacles. They just rely on the external cover to keep dirt out.

Is there a gasket on the back of the door or on the body of car itself? In videos it moves in two planes.

Yea but Teslas only have 1 plug hole. If you are charging the Lucid only using a J1772 connector, the DC pins are exposed the whole time

Is there a gasket on the back of the door or on the body of car itself? In videos it moves in two planes. Has anyone seen a reasonably sized adapter to use Tesla destination charger?

Last edited:
Yea but Teslas only have 1 plug hole. If you are charging the Lucid only using a J1772 connector, the DC pins are exposed the whole time

True. The plug on the cable looks pretty meaty. Does it provide some cover to the lower holes?

Of course, I was raised in Georgia, so the fix is obvious: duct tape.

True. The plug on the cable looks pretty meaty. Does it provide some cover to the lower holes?

Of course, I was raised in Georgia, so the fix is obvious: duct tape.
The CCS1 plug covers the DC section. The problem arises if you are at a non CCS charger, or like other people, you home charge, but park your car outside, none of the home chargers have the bottom portion (that I've seen) covered when you are using the J1772 portion only and not the full J1772 + DC portion. I've been looking everywhere for a CCS1 DC cover, but have been unsuccessful. Maybe some one here can tell me if either 1) the CCS2 and CCS1 DC measurements are the same, because they do sell a CCS2 DC Dust cover or 2) if anyone has come across a CCS1 DC dust cover.
Inked20211114_141830_LI.jpg

The CCS1 plug covers the DC section. The problem arises if you are at a non CCS charger, or like other people, you home charge, but park your car outside, none of the home chargers have the bottom portion (that I've seen) covered when you are using the J1772 portion only and not the full J1772 + DC portion. I've been looking everywhere for a CCS1 DC cover, but have been unsuccessful. Maybe some one here can tell me if either 1) the CCS2 and CCS1 DC measurements are the same, because they do sell a CCS2 DC Dust cover or 2) if anyone has come across a CCS1 DC dust cover.View attachment 317
They are not the same, approximately to scale, CCS1 on left CCS2 on Right.
1639491607055.png
1639491632293.png

I've been looking everywhere for a CCS1 DC cover, but have been unsuccessful.

The VW ID.4 has a soft rubber pin cover for the lower pins. Maybe you could get one through a VW parts desk?

There are some pin covers for sale on eBay, but I've read that they are 3D-printed hard plastic and get brittle and can break off when trying to remove them.

I've never seen this design on another non-Tesla EV. My I-Pace & E-Tron both have the lower pins covered when not using a fast charger. I'm not sure if any hazard is presented with the way Lucid is doing it, but it's hard to believe they wouldn't have put some thought into that.

That's going to be a bit of a pain when using the fast chargers. You'll have to put it in your pocket or somewhere and I suspect it will be lost before too long. It's too bad there isn't something that tethers so it doesn't go anywhere and just dangles when in use like a gas cap.

Someone should pose this question to Lucid before owners go crazy. Is there a reason for the absence of a cover? Does the absence present any hazard?

Back