Service - Premium?

Playing devils advocate here. RTFM may be the go to answer however those who can afford to purchase these cars may not always have the time to go through a manual or go for a second tutorial or make trips to the service center to get issues fixed. Beyond the "they should not go for a new manufacturer in that case" reason, they are willing to pay a premium and expect the service to handle or spoon feed them the required information during the delivery process. It is a perfectly valid expectation. If Lucid is not ready for that, then they should not command that premium for the product.

Playing devils advocate here. RTFM may be the go to answer however those who can afford to purchase these cars may not always have the time to go through a manual or go for a second tutorial or make trips to the service center to get issues fixed. Beyond the "they should not go for a new manufacturer in that case" reason, they are willing to pay a premium and expect the service to handle or spoon feed them the required information during the delivery process. It is a perfectly valid expectation. If Lucid is not ready for that, then they should not command that premium for the product.
That’s exactly what Lucid did for me and almost everyone else who bought a car.

I don’t know. I’ve bought a lot of cars over the years, and no one has ever given me 2 hours of live in-person tutorials on how to use it. Tesla didn’t even walk me out to my car. Just handed me the key cards and pointed. My Audi dealer offered to walk me through the car’s features then got annoyed when I took her up on it.

Ferrari won’t even let you buy their cars unless you know the secret handshake, or whatever.

I think the reality of white glove” sales and delivery is pretty far from what some people seem to have in their heads from these other manufacturers.

I think the problem here is Lucid set an expectation than failed to meet it. If they need to cut back on some things during tight delivery months, so be it. Just let customers know.

If they spend two hours with every customer, we’ll all be waiting that much longer in line.

I don’t know. I’ve bought a lot of cars over the years, and no one has ever given me 2 hours of live in-person tutorials on how to use it. Tesla didn’t even walk me out to my car. Just handed me the key cards and pointed. My Audi dealer offered to walk me through the car’s features then got annoyed when I took her up on it.

Ferrari won’t even let you buy their cars unless you know the secret handshake, or whatever.

I think the reality of white glove” sales and delivery is pretty far from what some people seem to have in their heads from these other manufacturers.

I think the problem here is Lucid set an expectation than failed to meet it. If they need to cut back on some things during tight delivery months, so be it. Just let customers know.

If they spend two hours with every customer, we’ll all be waiting that much longer in line.
We got around 30 minutes with the Mercedes dealer for my wife's AMG EQS and its software has a LOT of features and options. I really didn't spend much time with Lucid when I picked up my car. Wanted to get it on the road plus V1.0.4 didn't have a lot of features.

We got around 30 minutes with the Mercedes dealer for my wife's AMG EQS and its software has a LOT of features and options. I really didn't spend much time with Lucid when I picked up my car. Wanted to get it on the road plus V1.0.4 didn't have a lot of features.
That’s true, when we got the keys to Polestar 2 at Volvo dealership. There wasn’t much to go thru, Lucid Air 1.2.18 has more features than Polestar 2 2.3, but that Google Playstore have many apps to explore to download. It’s mostly about “I’ll wash your car to bring it to you when you pick up next day.“ A big ribbon flower above hood for photo op and bye bye! Don’t drive too fast!

Back