Service - Premium?

thecodingart

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AGT
Referral Code
JWJOWFN3
I've had the unfortunate luck of having quite a few issues with my vehicle and was curious regarding other forum member's service experience. I recently raised up some fairly negative feedback via the customer service chain. As far as "premium" car customer service goes, I have a few expectations Lucid fails to meet without pulling teeth:

- Readily available car rentals
- Vacuum & wash after service
- Top off electricity
- Customer updates
- Friendly customer service
- The willingness to comp customers for known/problematic defects/issues
- Timeline communication

Things like:
- lounge area
- free food
- premium customer oriented packages (like car washes, details, road side hazard, etc)

Are more or less a plus regarding the actual premium-ness of the brand.

Lucid has historically failed to meet almost every single item above. I wouldn't even say I'm being picky as I've had enough premium brand vehicles (all were cheaper than Lucid) and received this type of treatment. Dare I say, even Tesla has some of these perks.

I'm really itching to understand other's experiences and thoughts around this. The only bonus for me, from a service perspective, has been the included roadside assistance.

Readily available car rentals
- Top off electricity
- Customer updates
- Timeline communication
This is interesting, because Lucid’s service (at Millbrae) has met every single one of these except “comp customers for issues,” though when they cause one they fix it (retinting my rear windshield after accidentally cracking it, for example).

Hertz called me a few days before I had to drop the car off and got my details. I picked up my Hertz rental at service when I dropped off my car; they had the contract and keys waiting. I was kept up to date with a timeline regularly, by texting my service advisor (Christopher at Millbrae, and that whole team, is amazing). They dropped my car off at my detailer so I could get the windshield recoated with ceramic and the door handle re-PPF’d (they replaced the door handle fascia). I picked up my car at the detailer and left the rental there, and they towed it from there back to Hertz.

Previously, when I’ve been unable to drop it off, they have no problem towing it from my house to service and/or back.

Car has always been returned topped off (I had to ask them to leave the charge at 80% and not 100%, for example) and absolutely washed and detailed to the nines.

There’s no lounge area (though there are free drinks) but I’m not complaining about not having to sit around and wait for my car. :) (though I agree it would be nice to have the option)

Which service center are you working with?

I've received this from the Beverly Hills Service Center

• Readily available car rentals (even drove it to my house to drop it off in Santa Clarita which isn't a short drive in LA traffic)
  • Vacuum & wash after service
  • Top off electricity
  • Customer updates
  • Friendly customer service
  • Timeline communication

I've been able to sit at the BH Service Center and work from it. It's not overly practical but there are spots where I can sit and not be bothered. Never offered food but have always been offered a drink but Audi never offered me food in the 10 years I was going to them. They do a good job of cleaning the car also. My Santa Cruz mats and kick panel on the doors went in with marks on them and the car looked like new again when I picked it up.

Overall, i've been happy with the Service Center experience with Lucid apart from the type of rental they put me in. They did rectify that by getting another rental to me though and they covered the gas expenses. I don't know about others but Audi stopped cleaning the cars long ago after service then they used covid as an excuse which was fair but seems to this day that rule is still in place seems even though we've all moved on from Covid restrictions\rules.

- Readily available car rentals
- Top off electricity
- Customer updates
- Timeline communication
I receive great service from the Scottsdale team. I do not ask for or want rentals since I do not need one. I do get a Lyft Lux home and again to pick up my car. I also do not expect them to comp anything to me. All of the other items, absolutely.

I have heard complaints in very few areas so I think most service centers are doing an excellent job.

I went to Millbrae... I had their coffee while I waited... not sure if they washed my car or not but otherwise the service was really good.

This is interesting, because Lucid’s service (at Millbrae) has met every single one of these except “comp customers for issues,” though when they cause one they fix it (retinting my rear windshield after accidentally cracking it, for example).

Hertz called me a few days before I had to drop the car off and got my details. I picked up my Hertz rental at service when I dropped off my car; they had the contract and keys waiting. I was kept up to date with a timeline regularly, by texting my service advisor (Christopher at Millbrae, and that whole team, is amazing). They dropped my car off at my detailer so I could get the windshield recoated with ceramic and the door handle re-PPF’d (they replaced the door handle fascia). I picked up my car at the detailer and left the rental there, and they towed it from there back to Hertz.

Previously, when I’ve been unable to drop it off, they have no problem towing it from my house to service and/or back.

Car has always been returned topped off (I had to ask them to leave the charge at 80% and not 100%, for example) and absolutely washed and detailed to the nines.

There’s no lounge area (though there are free drinks) but I’m not complaining about not having to sit around and wait for my car. :) (though I agree it would be nice to have the option)

Which service center are you working with?
West Palm Florida has been my experience thus far. One reason I’m seeking out information to see if other centers are being run the same way. It sounds like they aren’t thankfully.

I've received this from the Beverly Hills Service Center

• Readily available car rentals (even drove it to my house to drop it off in Santa Clarita which isn't a short drive in LA traffic)
  • Vacuum & wash after service
  • Top off electricity
  • Customer updates
  • Friendly customer service
  • Timeline communication

I've been able to sit at the BH Service Center and work from it. It's not overly practical but there are spots where I can sit and not be bothered. Never offered food but have always been offered a drink but Audi never offered me food in the 10 years I was going to them. They do a good job of cleaning the car also. My Santa Cruz mats and kick panel on the doors went in with marks on them and the car looked like new again when I picked it up.

Overall, i've been happy with the Service Center experience with Lucid apart from the type of rental they put me in. They did rectify that by getting another rental to me though and they covered the gas expenses. I don't know about others but Audi stopped cleaning the cars long ago after service then they used covid as an excuse which was fair but seems to this day that rule is still in place seems even though we've all moved on from Covid restrictions\rules.
Same as this during my service at BH also.

West Palm Florida has been my experience thus far. One reason I’m seeking out information to see if other centers are being run the same way. It sounds like they aren’t thankfully.
Funny, I started reading this thread, then the replies and my thoughts were that I’ve never had any of this at WPB. Then I see you‘re also at WPB and it makes sense. I’ve never had my car brought back washed, inside or out. In fact, I believe they told me early on that they don’t have the capability there. As for charging, I haven’t actually been there since it was a Tesla SC, but when it was, there were chargers, so hard to imagine that Lucid can’t charge a car there. So far, they’ve picked my car up and brought it back to me each time it’s been in for service and they did run it by an EA charger one time on the way back. Very underwhelming service for what I paid for the car. I’ve also been waiting 7 months now for a replacement steering wheel.

Had my first service experience this week. They came to my house the same day and I have no complaints. Probably the best service experience I have had. Much better than Tesla where I had to wait up to 2 weeks to get in and take time off work to go to service center.

Lucid has historically failed to meet almost every single item above.
I got my car back today, 24d after I had to send it in to Houston. I have to agree with your post, service is pretty bad.

The car was dirtier than when I sent it in. Dirt and leaves all over the back carpets. Smudge fingerprints on the glass panels. This is after they said that they were going to detail my car and then return it to me. I took pics and sent them an email showing them the lack of quality. I didn't expect them to actually clean the car to a detail level, but vacuuming the car and wiping the glass screens doesn't seem like a lot to ask.

They also left dried glue/epoxy on some of the trim where they fixed it back in place. I haven't been able to get it all off yet, hopefully tomorrow I will be able to scrub the rest of it off. Sent those pics also.

I made it a point when I was told they were going to "detail" the car to be extra careful with the window tint as HuperOptik gave me specific instructions on how to clean it safely. Advisor emailed me for the instructions and I told him what I knew. When I got the car back.... scratches on the front windshield tint. Not kidding. Sent pics of that also today.

They didn't fix the back right passenger window sound where it makes a vibrating sound after it gets rolled down halfway. I was told it was fixed- nope, not fixed. I was going to send them a video but it eats too much memory so I skipped it for now.

Supposedly they replaced the HV battery (one of the packs, all of the packs, who knows?). Gotta hope it is done better than the above.

I don't care about the things like service center lounge, coffee, stupid updates that don't mean anything and free food. Loaner car would be really nice and helpful.

But fixing the car correctly, basic cleaning and not damaging it are kind of a given.

So...Fail.

I got my car back today, 24d after I had to send it in to Houston. I have to agree with your post, service is pretty bad.

The car was dirtier than when I sent it in. Dirt and leaves all over the back carpets. Smudge fingerprints on the glass panels. This is after they said that they were going to detail my car and then return it to me. I took pics and sent them an email showing them the lack of quality. I didn't expect them to actually clean the car to a detail level, but vacuuming the car and wiping the glass screens doesn't seem like a lot to ask.

They also left dried glue/epoxy on some of the trim where they fixed it back in place. I haven't been able to get it all off yet, hopefully tomorrow I will be able to scrub the rest of it off. Sent those pics also.

I made it a point when I was told they were going to "detail" the car to be extra careful with the window tint as HuperOptik gave me specific instructions on how to clean it safely. Advisor emailed me for the instructions and I told him what I knew. When I got the car back.... scratches on the front windshield tint. Not kidding. Sent pics of that also today.

They didn't fix the back right passenger window sound where it makes a vibrating sound after it gets rolled down halfway. I was told it was fixed- nope, not fixed. I was going to send them a video but it eats too much memory so I skipped it for now.

Supposedly they replaced the HV battery (one of the packs, all of the packs, who knows?). Gotta hope it is done better than the above.

I don't care about the things like service center lounge, coffee, stupid updates that don't mean anything and free food. Loaner car would be really nice and helpful.

But fixing the car correctly, basic cleaning and not damaging it are kind of a given.

So...Fail.
Can we see a picture please?

Houston service center has always done a great job.

Funny, I started reading this thread, then the replies and my thoughts were that I’ve never had any of this at WPB. Then I see you‘re also at WPB and it makes sense. I’ve never had my car brought back washed, inside or out. In fact, I believe they told me early on that they don’t have the capability there. As for charging, I haven’t actually been there since it was a Tesla SC, but when it was, there were chargers, so hard to imagine that Lucid can’t charge a car there. So far, they’ve picked my car up and brought it back to me each time it’s been in for service and they did run it by an EA charger one time on the way back. Very underwhelming service for what I paid for the car. I’ve also been waiting 7 months now for a replacement steering wheel.
Ironically, I bought my first model S from this exact location and had it serviced there with a better experience 😅.

As of today, my car has been sitting there untouched for 3 days just to have the tire replaced.

My car has been in twice for service and will be going in for a third. The first was a rear windshield replacement due to the crack upon delivery. At the same time, they had to replace the rear bow tie due to it being a one time use piece. They had no issues reapplying my PPF, and upon it returning from the wrap shop, noticed the cantrail was damaged with the slightest of scratches. They immediately called me and offered replacement of not only that cantrail, but the other side to fix a gap issue in the Grand Touring rear flag. The car went back to them for that replacement, which also required PPF to be reapplied, but unfortunately they were damaged again where the cantrails clip into the car, so it will need to go back a third time (no fuss from them about doing it) to have it completed.
Both times it has gone in, I’ve been offered a rental car, first time I didn’t take it, the last time I did. They towed it to my house when picking up my car, and picked it up when dropping off my car. They reimbursed my gas usage with no fuss as well.
I’m always offered a car wash, which I decline as I have my own wash station at home, and the car is returned with about 80% charge each time.
While it’s slightly frustrating the car keeps going in for the same thing and it’s gone for a week or two, I have been treated EXTREMELY well by the service center in Millbrae, and Chris in particular.

Here are 2 pics of the carpets being dirty. Note the green leaf pieces. Before you ask, clearly not stuff we left in the car 3.5 weeks prior as it would have turned brown, so fairly recent. Also note the dirt on the carpets.

Here is a pic of the back glass panel for controls. Note how dirty the glass is.

Attachments

• service1.jpg
    service1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 120
  • service3.jpg
    service3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 117
  • service5.jpg
    service5.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 120
Can we see a picture please?
Here are 2 pics of the headliner with adhesive/glue on it. One is without flash, then I used flash as inside my garage I wanted it to show well.

Here is a pic of the scratches on the window tint. I am pointing to the biggest ones, it is hard to make a phone camera focus on a transparent material, but I finally got it to do so on my fingertip.

Attachments

• service6.jpg
    service6.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
  • service2.jpg
    service2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 121
  • service4.jpg
    service4.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 118
I haven't taken a video of the window rolling down making noise as it is too much memory to send via email but trust me, nothing was fixed.

Here are some pics of my email to them about not scratching the tint/film and another pic of them saying that they fixed the window on the invoice.

Attachments

• lucidletter1.jpg
    lucidletter1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
  • lucidletter2.jpg
    lucidletter2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 90
So this is odd… the service center started “charging” my car. Rather gaining a charge though, I’ve been significantly loosing charge and the app show negative charging. Are they sucking power out of my car on purpose for a tire change ‽

Attachments

• 5FD1E367-DC61-49EB-A280-C8845F7E4637.png
    5FD1E367-DC61-49EB-A280-C8845F7E4637.png
    997.3 KB · Views: 96
So this is odd… the service center started “charging” my car. Rather gaining a charge though, I’ve been significantly loosing charge and the app show negative charging. Are they sucking power out of my car on purpose for a tire change ‽
Probably plugged into a 110...

Back