Service - Premium?

So this is odd… the service center started “charging” my car. Rather gaining a charge though, I’ve been significantly loosing charge and the app show negative charging. Are they sucking power out of my car on purpose for a tire change ‽
I dont even think they know what they’re doing here. One day left plugged being drained…

Attachments

• B6611C80-C452-4AC6-9D71-5EC42A921357.png
    B6611C80-C452-4AC6-9D71-5EC42A921357.png
    965.9 KB · Views: 75
I dont even think they know what they’re doing here. One day left plugged being drained…
I never had that issue here in Houston Service Center. They always give me 80% charge and cleaned, doesn’t matter size of job I asked them to check for me. I always have positive experience with them.

I don’t have a full service center as they’re still building the Ashland Massachusetts location, but both service visits I had, they got me an Uber to Hertz and the rental was already set to go. In return my vehicle had been detailed. Communication happened whenever they had something to communicate, I didn’t expect daily communications if they were still working on it. One problem was fixed (front right tire road force rebalance), another was not reproducible (water leak) and has been 100% fine since. They’re making a mobile visit to my house next week to fix a couple trim problems and check my soft close door on the driver side (quit working for 5 days but then is. Is working again), and their tech has already been texting me to get detailed pictures so he can have the right parts ordered. Their service has been excellent and has met all expectations and they don’t even have a full service center near me yet.

I dont even think they know what they’re doing
I would have to agree with you, but *perhaps* they are purposefully draining the battery for some specific reason, like a battery test or something. I guess as long as it comes back 80% charged it's all good. Then again my experience has been that they are inept, so.....

I would have to agree with you, but *perhaps* they are purposefully draining the battery for some specific reason, like a battery test or something. I guess as long as it comes back 80% charged it's all good. Then again my experience has been that they are inept, so.....
Nope, their charger is broken and they know it. Yet they plugged my car in, drained 30% or more and when I noted that happened they just said they know it has some problems and shrugged. I couldn’t even imagine if people brought in an ICE vehicle, had gas drained by 50% and were now accountable for it. Im honestly getting to a point of being livid with this particular center. The minute I said something they should have just driven it off to a EA charge point on the tow back.

This is such low quality customer service for the price of the car and what’s advertised.

Nope, their charger is broken and they know it. Yet they plugged my car in, drained 30% or more and when I noted that happened they just said they know it has some problems and shrugged. I couldn’t even imagine if people brought in an ICE vehicle, had gas drained by 50% and were now accountable for it. Im honestly getting to a point of being livid with this particular center. The minute I said something they should have just driven it off to a EA charge point on the tow back.

This is such low quality customer service for the price of the car and what’s advertised.
Is this Riviera Beach or a local center? Sorry I lost track.

This statement is the crux of all things wrong with Lucid.
It sounds like there is one service center that is underperforming, as evidenced by the myriad number of folks who have had spectacular service elsewhere on this thread.

On a tangent - I just sent my first text message to Lucid Service, requesting service for my misaligned steering wheel.

How long can I expect to wait before I get a reply, or should I just skip the texting and just call?

On a tangent - I just sent my first text message to Lucid Service, requesting service for my misaligned steering wheel.

How long can I expect to wait before I get a reply, or should I just skip the texting and just call?
I would call Customer Care. Everything is supposed to be through them. They’re supposed to be the custodians of any and all issues you’ve found with your car and they’re supposed to contact the Service Center for you.

I would call Customer Care. Everything is supposed to be through them. They’re supposed to be the custodians of any and all issues you’ve found with your car and they’re supposed to contact the Service Center for you.
It depends, I think. Customer Care does respond, usually, within 2 hours, either to a call or a text or email (the texting number is in the app now).

If you have a good relationship with service, they can also make a case for you directly, so calling them isn’t inadvisable either. Just depends on your situation.

Customer care is always the default though, and my usual method of interacting with them is texting now.

It depends, I think. Customer Care does respond, usually, within 2 hours, either to a call or a text or email (the texting number is in the app now).

If you have a good relationship with service, they can also make a case for you directly, so calling them isn’t inadvisable either. Just depends on your situation.

Customer care is always the default though, and my usual method of interacting with them is texting now.

Thank you both. I got impatient. After waiting over an hour for a text response, I called. I then left my call back number. A representative called me back in 15 minutes. She took down my information and opened a case for me, to be referred to tech service.

As soon as I hung up, my phone blew up with messages from Lucid Service, asking me to confirm my identity, and to explain my problem.

I’m afraid I might have caused them to duplicate their efforts.

Thank you both. I got impatient. After waiting over an hour for a text response, I called. I then left my call back number. A representative called me back in 15 minutes. She took down my information and opened a case for me, to be referred to tech service.

As soon as I hung up, my phone blew up with messages from Lucid Service, asking me to confirm my identity, and to explain my problem.

I’m afraid I might have caused them to duplicate their efforts.
Both CS and service can see your messages, so I wouldn’t stress about duplication. They’re likely just trying hard to help you out. :)

It sounds like there is one service center that is underperforming, as evidenced by the myriad number of folks who have had spectacular service elsewhere on this thread.
My experience has just gotten worse. It took them 3 days to take “15 minutes” (their words) to change my single tire. I was adamant last Friday morning that I needed my car by Monday. They noted they would have it towed by Saturday the latest. Periodically called saturday, they noted they hadn’t replaced the wheel. When they finally did the work, they told me they leave at 3:00pm Saturday and no one would be there for the tow truck… meaning they’d have to send it Monday. My car hasn’t budged and I called them 2x today with absolutely no meaningful status update. This is now the worst car customer experience I’ve ever had.

This statement is the crux of all things wrong with Lucid.
I agree. Getting service in NC is virtually non-existence. Was told by customer care, there are only 2 technicians to service clients from VA to GA. Hope they hire more people…& improve their responsiveness.

I agree. Getting service in NC is virtually non-existence. Was told by customer care, there are only 2 technicians to service clients from VA to GA. Hope they hire more people…& improve their responsiveness.
I'm sorry, but did you or did you not purchase a car knowing you lived nowhere lived a service center? That was your decision.

I did know, and I appreciate you asking. I expected that their mobile service (https://www.lucidmotors.com/stories/lucid-care-service-made-seamless) would be more mature.
Yeah this is a tough one, as I was told mobile service was very responsive to tire issues. Unfortunately I do think Lucid underestimated the number of tire issues the car would have, and have simply not been able to build up enough of a mobile service fleet to manage the post-delivery issues that have arisen. It’s definitely a your-mileage-might-vary thing though, as I think the Natick service center covers all of New England and I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with them. I’ve yet to have a “my car is broke I need help right away situation” either due to tire or battery/drive train problem, but I’d be surprised if they were just like “sorry we’ll maybe help you at this time but we’ll get back to you” and then totally ghost me.

Back