Santa Cruz interior seat yellowing / discoloration

zerocylinders

Cars
Lucid Air GT Long Range
Referral Code
OUXIN8W6
My rear seats on our Santa Cruz interior have turned a bit yellow in the areas where the ventilation holes are. I have tried several leather cleaning products (including chemical guys) but it is still discolored. The only "product" I have used in the interior is the scotch guard on the carpets (which everyone else here seems to have used without issue). I have not treated the leather. We do use the rear seats and especially the heaters on the rear seats so i am suspecting it is the heater that is causing the issue.. .has anyone else that has the same interior and actually uses the rear seat heaters noticed discoloration? Only me??

My rear seats on our Santa Cruz interior have turned a bit yellow in the areas where the ventilation holes are. I have tried several leather cleaning products (including chemical guys) but it is still discolored. The only "product" I have used in the interior is the scotch guard on the carpets (which everyone else here seems to have used without issue). I have not treated the leather. We do use the rear seats and especially the heaters on the rear seats so i am suspecting it is the heater that is causing the issue.. .has anyone else that has the same interior and actually uses the rear seat heaters noticed discoloration? Only me??
Pics?

That sounds like a defect, but pics would be helpful

It is hard to see in pictures but I have tried to capture it. In person though the yellow is easy to see. The best way to see it in pictures is to compare the white of the surrounding leather and you can see the difference in shade.
1000008959.jpg

Attachments

• 20240229_130226.jpg
    20240229_130226.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 116
I’ve had something similar happen and believed it was related to a ceramic seat coating that was applied. The detail shop called the manufacturer and they shared it happens on some light leathers. They removed it using hydrogen peroxide/vinegar as directed by the manufacturer.

Did you get this sorted @zerocylinders ?

Took it in to service center and they replaced the seats. Apparently on some models the heater gets too hot it is a documented issue. Great service and stiloving my lucid now with all new leather in rear!

Also, they found an issue with my battery pack and I now have a brand new pack!!

Took it in to service center and they replaced the seats. Apparently on some models the heater gets too hot it is a documented issue. Great service and stiloving my lucid now with all new leather in rear!

Also, they found an issue with my battery pack and I now have a brand new pack!!
Wow, can’t beat that level of service. Nice!!

Back