Leather Seat Warping

Obenauf's Leather Oil and Heavy Duty LP Bundle - Leather Conditioner w/Natural Oils - Restore and Protect Leather Boots, Jackets, Purses as Well as Car Leather and Furniture - 4oz LP and 8oz Oil https://a.co/d/0eBFelV

This is what I am using. Non Porous Fabric will require some oil to protect it from UV Fade, Heat Damages and keep the elasticity between temperature changes. I have had 2-3 cars that have had leather separated from foam underneath on dashboard due to heat around 4-5 year mark

Obenauf's Leather Oil and Heavy Duty LP Bundle - Leather Conditioner w/Natural Oils - Restore and Protect Leather Boots, Jackets, Purses as Well as Car Leather and Furniture - 4oz LP and 8oz Oil https://a.co/d/0eBFelV

This is what I am using. Non Porous Fabric will require some oil to protect it from UV Fade, Heat Damages and keep the elasticity between temperature changes. I have had 2-3 cars that have had leather separated from foam underneath on dashboard due to heat around 4-5 year mark
Lucid does NOT recommend the use of anything but a damp cloth, just putting it out there.
To prevent the heat, an interior ceramic coating would also work.

So where are you putting this on the Lucid and how often?

Had AGT since December, barely driven 3K miles. No passengers have sat in the rear seats. It's been in the garage in SoCal, with temperatures creeping up. Did not pay attention to the leather when delivered in Torrance Store ( too busy talking to Peter Rawlinson who personally signed the car). So I noticed the warping/wrinkling leather in the center rear seat in April. Never cleaned or touched it. Took it in to the Beverly Hills Service Center for creaking noise in the rear headliner and showed them the leather too. Aaron, the manager just gives me the standard BS, that this is normal wear and tear. Said he would look into it and get back to me. Crickets. It's been 2 months. Now taking it in for Air Conditioner that's not cool enough for 100 degree Socal weather. I am loving my AGT and is the biggest proponent for Lucid to succeed and tolerate the growing pains, but the service dept needs to step up to the big leagues.

Attachments

• IMG_5044.jpg
    IMG_5044.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 157
Had AGT since December, barely driven 3K miles. No passengers have sat in the rear seats. It's been in the garage in SoCal, with temperatures creeping up. Did not pay attention to the leather when delivered in Torrance Store ( too busy talking to Peter Rawlinson who personally signed the car). So I noticed the warping/wrinkling leather in the center rear seat in April. Never cleaned or touched it. Took it in to the Beverly Hills Service Center for creaking noise in the rear headliner and showed them the leather too. Aaron, the manager just gives me the standard BS, that this is normal wear and tear. Said he would look into it and get back to me. Crickets. It's been 2 months. Now taking it in for Air Conditioner that's not cool enough for 100 degree Socal weather. I am loving my AGT and is the biggest proponent for Lucid to succeed and tolerate the growing pains, but the service dept needs to step up to the big leagues.
Sigh...
This "Standard BS" is what makes leather so sought after. Leather is meant to wear and have a patina after a while, which is actually what makes it look BETTER instead of worse. In fact, my first time in a lucid studio with a car that had been sat in multiple times, one eye catching feature was the leather that looked almost "aged." Being of a relatively young age, I had never seen anything like it before and it influenced the decision to reserve it.
Also, you say you have an AGT. If you dont want leather creasing, isnt PurLuxe the natural alternative?
Dont take this post as hostility please, I am just trying to help!

Sigh...
This "Standard BS" is what makes leather so sought after. Leather is meant to wear and have a patina after a while, which is actually what makes it look BETTER instead of worse. In fact, my first time in a lucid studio with a car that had been sat in multiple times, one eye catching feature was the leather that looked almost "aged." Being of a relatively young age, I had never seen anything like it before and it influenced the decision to reserve it.
Also, you say you have an AGT. If you dont want leather creasing, isnt PurLuxe the natural alternative?
Dont take this post as hostility please, I am just trying to help!
I can understand one's appreciation for the aged leather look due to wear and tear. No worries, no offense taken. The point of my rant was if I paid for a brand new car ora brand new pair of Italian leather shoes, I don't expect them to be wrinkled and worn. Had I wanted that, I would've gotten an used car or shoes from the thrift store. The upsetting part is no one has sat back there, s owear and tear is not the issue. Also if this the design, then the wrinkle would be through out the car. Lucid is not my first luxury car, this is not normal. Just wanted to contribute to the discussion and see if anyone else has the same experience. Hopefully, instead of being defensive, Lucid listens to owner's feedback.

I can understand one's appreciation for the aged leather look due to wear and tear. No worries, no offense taken. The point of my rant was if I paid for a brand new car ora brand new pair of Italian leather shoes, I don't expect them to be wrinkled and worn. Had I wanted that, I would've gotten an used car or shoes from the thrift store. The upsetting part is no one has sat back there, s owear and tear is not the issue. Also if this the design, then the wrinkle would be through out the car. Lucid is not my first luxury car, this is not normal. Just wanted to contribute to the discussion and see if anyone else has the same experience. Hopefully, instead of being defensive, Lucid listens to owner's feedback.
Wait, it was there since new? I would agree thats an issue...
If nobody sat back there, then it is probably about the sun. You are right, I would also inquire with the SC.

Wait, it was there since new? I would agree thats an issue...
If nobody sat back there, then it is probably about the sun. You are right, I would also inquire with the SC.

Thanks! Just saying, we are all car ethusiasts here. I really hope Lucid will be the envy of the EV world one day. Here's my AGT before Stealth was available. Wanted to show how much I enjoy my Air.

IMG_4296.jpg

I've been driving around in the Touring for about 3K miles or so, with mostly daily driving to/from work in moderately cool weather (60F). I noticed that my drivers seat cushion is warping quite a bit, and the leather and foam underneath is quite uneven. It even feels like the leather and foam are no longer attached. (Worse in person than picture, maybe a centimeter or two between high and low points).

I rarely use the seat heater and ventilation feature. Roughly 160lbs and 5'11, not squishing around my seat any more than the next person.

I have a service appointment (Due Bill + misc) coming up in early May. Is this just unlucky seat that may have manufacturing flaw that or normal due to daily wear and tear? The passenger seat is perfectly flush with an occupant majority of the 3k miles.

I've been driving around in the Touring for about 3K miles or so, with mostly daily driving to/from work in moderately cool weather (60F). I noticed that my drivers seat cushion is warping quite a bit, and the leather and foam underneath is quite uneven. It even feels like the leather and foam are no longer attached. (Worse in person than picture, maybe a centimeter or two between high and low points).

I rarely use the seat heater and ventilation feature. Roughly 160lbs and 5'11, not squishing around my seat any more than the next person.

I have a service appointment (Due Bill + misc) coming up in early May. Is this just unlucky seat that may have manufacturing flaw that or normal due to daily wear and tear? The passenger seat is perfectly flush with an occupant majority of the 3k miles.
Was the issue with the warping leather solved? Something very similar is happening to my rear passenger seat (please see attached photos) -- fwiw, I took delivery on the 23rd of September.

Also, does anyone know how to get a SC to schedule a visit for Due Bill? I've called on a number of occasions, on which I'm never given a date but always promised a next-day callback that never occurs. Most recently, I was told that they would have to pick up the car to get it to the shop, even though I offered to drop it off since I was going to be in the neighborhood anyway (it's close to a seven hour drive if you include charging).

Would appreciate any guidance you can offer.

Attachments

• IMG_6148.jpeg
    IMG_6148.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6146.jpeg
    IMG_6146.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
Was the issue with the warping leather solved? Something very similar is happening to my rear passenger seat (please see attached photos) -- fwiw, I took delivery on the 23rd of September.

Also, does anyone know how to get a SC to schedule a visit for Due Bill? I've called on a number of occasions, on which I'm never given a date but always promised a next-day callback that never occurs. Most recently, I was told that they would have to pick up the car to get it to the shop, even though I offered to drop it off since I was going to be in the neighborhood anyway (it's close to a seven hour drive if you include charging).

@mcr16

Thanks for sharing, @DOS22. I just sent you a DM.

I had Air Touring since March 2023 and barely used the rear seats.
I noticed the rear center seat cushion got wrinkled and warped.
IMG_6462.JPG

IMG_6461.JPG

I repeat, ANY car with leather will have this. No matter if its rolls or bentley.
Agree. When I play golf and put on my golf shoes and tie them, a bit later I have to retie them as they have loosened while I was wearing them. But there is still a question of how much and how soon. It is wonderful to see, on this forum, that Lucid is stepping up when the wear exceeds normal limits.

Back