Leather Seat Warping

Pax

Cars
Air Touring
I've been driving around in the Touring for about 3K miles or so, with mostly daily driving to/from work in moderately cool weather (60F). I noticed that my drivers seat cushion is warping quite a bit, and the leather and foam underneath is quite uneven. It even feels like the leather and foam are no longer attached. (Worse in person than picture, maybe a centimeter or two between high and low points).

I rarely use the seat heater and ventilation feature. Roughly 160lbs and 5'11, not squishing around my seat any more than the next person.

I have a service appointment (Due Bill + misc) coming up in early May. Is this just unlucky seat that may have manufacturing flaw that or normal due to daily wear and tear? The passenger seat is perfectly flush with an occupant majority of the 3k miles.

Attachments

• 20230423_143615.jpg
    20230423_143615.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 279
Another angle from previous night

Attachments

• 20230421_003803.jpg
    20230421_003803.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 192
I've been driving around in the Touring for about 3K miles or so, with mostly daily driving to/from work in moderately cool weather (60F). I noticed that my drivers seat cushion is warping quite a bit, and the leather and foam underneath is quite uneven. It even feels like the leather and foam are no longer attached. (Worse in person than picture, maybe a centimeter or two between high and low points).

I rarely use the seat heater and ventilation feature. Roughly 160lbs and 5'11, not squishing around my seat any more than the next person.

I have a service appointment (Due Bill + misc) coming up in early May. Is this just unlucky seat that may have manufacturing flaw that or normal due to daily wear and tear? The passenger seat is perfectly flush with an occupant majority of the 3k miles.
Real leather can stretch but that doesn't look normal at this stage of use.

Mine looks worse with 3000 miles and my rear seat looks really bad and I have only had maybe kids in the back 3-4 times. I am thinking about trying to get a heat gun and seeing if heating the leather might work out some of the marks.

20230425_113825.jpg

I think real leather naturally warps or wrinkles more than fake/synthetic leather right?
Not sure why but haven’t seen that in our other cars. The other 3 seats in the Lucid look ok.
SC recommended new seat right away.

Not sure why but haven’t seen that in our other cars.
SC recommended new seat right away.
I quoted the wrong post. I meant the backseat one
Mine looks worse with 3000 miles and my rear seat looks really bad and I have only had maybe kids in the back 3-4 times. I am thinking about trying to get a heat gun and seeing if heating the leather might work out some of the marks.

View attachment 11744
This.

The seats do feel like they're wearing faster than I expect. My leather stressless couch seems to be doing better and that def gets more usage D:
Will see how it goes. It's not too bad at the moment.

I thought I was the only one but my passenger seat looks like it is warping as well. I’m going to hit up customer support. Because I have driving it maybe 2500 miles less 2 months old.. I expect more from a car at this price
IMG_2774.jpeg

I thought I was the only one but my passenger seat looks like it is warping as well. I’m going to hit up customer support. Because I have driving it maybe 2500 miles less 2 months old.. I expect more from a car at this priceView attachment 11949
Its really not about the price, considering this is aston martin level leather. Its about the fact that naturally, leather wrinkles a lot.

I have had a few leather issues in my cars. My recommendation is park your car in the garage to maintain the temperatures and keep a pretty even temperature throughout. Lucid Seats are pretty prone to wrinkling. I was noticing mine a few days ago as well I have a few other cars well over 60k miles now with minimal wrinkles and just started using leather oil on the leather parts to keep it in a better shape

I have had a few leather issues in my cars. My recommendation is park your car in the garage to maintain the temperatures and keep a pretty even temperature throughout. Lucid Seats are pretty prone to wrinkling. I was noticing mine a few days ago as well I have a few other cars well over 60k miles now with minimal wrinkles and just started using leather oil on the leather parts to keep it in a better shape
What’s leather oil? I heard only use towel and water

Back