Rivian reports production of 2k+ and deliveries of over 1k+ in Q1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind a little negativity in honest discussions, though it can feel overdone. So, for you folks with the knowledge - is there hope for fixing the software, or do you think it was built with code that will continue to remain problematic going forward? I realize this is a loaded question, and you may not want to weigh in to deeply without inside company knowledge, but maybe a bit of discussion on how an automotive UX should be done, vs what we have with the Air. I hear alot about patches beget patches, and assume that's normal - Tesla has certainly had their share, but is now mostly regarded favorably (aside from the FSD issue). But, for Lucid, do you think the foundation of the code is fixable? Anything positive? Maybe the presence of the NVIDIA chip is a good thing?

I don't mind a little negativity in honest discussions, though it can feel overdone. So, for you folks with the knowledge - is there hope for fixing the software, or do you think it was built with code that will continue to remain problematic going forward? I realize this is a loaded question, and you may not want to weigh in to deeply without inside company knowledge, but maybe a bit of discussion on how an automotive UX should be done, vs what we have with the Air. I hear alot about patches beget patches, and assume that's normal - Tesla has certainly had their share, but is now mostly regarded favorably (aside from the FSD issue). But, for Lucid, do you think the foundation of the code is fixable? Anything positive? Maybe the presence of the NVIDIA chip is a good thing?
Someone will correct me in this forum, but isn't Lucid UX based off Android Automotive? Pretty sure they have certain limitations because they wanted to go in that direction instead of developing their own UX.

Yeah, it's fine. It will eventually be much better; it's just going to take time to work out all the kinks. Nothing wrong with the base it's built on, in general.

*Should* it be done in a memory-safe language, and not Java/Android? Sure. But literally nobody has built a car in Rust or Erlang or Haskell yet. :)

Someone will correct me in this forum, but isn't Lucid UX based off Android Automotive? Pretty sure they have certain limitations because they wanted to go in that direction instead of developing their own UX.
Android Automotive is the OS layer, and provides some UI toolkits, but there isn't anything stopping them from developing a better UX other than time. The issue isn't the UI widgets themselves, but how the user experience is organized.

All of this is to say: it will get better, and I actually don't think it's particularly awful now, as compared to a lot of other manufacturers. Tesla and MB obviously win the software game for now, but they've had many many years to improve the UX through listening to customer experience. As long as Lucid continues to listen and improve (which it seems they are doing, given the frequency with which they are releasing updates), they're on a good path.

Android Automotive is the OS layer, and provides some UI toolkits, but there isn't anything stopping them from developing a better UX other than time. The issue isn't the UI widgets themselves, but how the user experience is organized.

All of this is to say: it will get better, and I actually don't think it's particularly awful now, as compared to a lot of other manufacturers. Tesla and MB obviously win the software game for now, but they've had many many years to improve the UX through listening to customer experience. As long as Lucid continues to listen and improve (which it seems they are doing, given the frequency with which they are releasing updates), they're on a good path.
IMHO, it will be a year before the software is at least "good" but I hope that I am wrong. So, can Lucid fix the underlying issues and still add the new features that are promised in that year? Not sure but I hope so.

Lucid is doing a great job of listening to its current customers but just go buy/rent a few high-end cars and copy what they do well!

I bitch and moan a lot here in hope that Lucid management will see what we, the current owners, are happy with, like the drivetrain, and what needs work, software.

Lucid has a window to get its' act together and start cranking out solid, reliable cars, in quantity, with great technology or we all will end up with "DeLoreans" hoping that we can get parts to keep the cars running.

I didn't buy a Tesla because I don't like the interior design and minimalist approach. I like the Lucid interior much better.

Listen...my post, which prompted this initially, had nothing to do with getting anyone to sign off or not wanting opinions, thoughts, etc - pro or con - from anyone and everyone. I agree to a great extent with all of the frustrations on communications, etc. My only point was that if you look through this thread and other threads, it is restated many times. I definitely understand and sympathize. It's just that there's not much we can do to help with communication and inaccurate information. And I think Lucid probably understands that as well. I think many of you have Doreen's contact info, too. I'd be fine with criticism and negative impressions of Lucid as much as people want to post. I've learned a great many things as a result. As like many of you, I'm sure, I try to read every new post though. Sometimes when I've been gone for a while, there are a lot of posts, so repetition just takes longer to get to the other great criticisms and accolades and real world experiences that other have.

If my post was taken as I don't want to hear negative comments, it couldn't be further from the truth. Some wine last night might have impacted the wording a bit, so apologies for that, but overall, I don't why you would bow out because I (alone) made one comment about repetition. I do hope you'll stay though.
Honesty, this didn’t bother me. Hearing different perspectives is always an opportunity for me learn something new.

Seems like this has gotten extremely off topic and we're throwing haymakers. Let's all take a step back and regroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back