[RESOLVED] Does your front footwell woofer work properly?

Can you hear/feel the woofer in the Driver footwell?

• Total voters
Okay we should reel this back in šŸ˜¬
We're just expressing our opinions. I think there's a lot of history in the audio discussion specifically and OGs like hydbob are merely conveying information from other threads.

I'm sure none of us are married to our opinions and are always listening and willing to change them.
For sure! Ears are subjective, and different sound is going to sound good/bad to different people. That said, if you're describing a lack of bass, I can pretty much guarantee something is wrong with your subs because there really isn't one, and we've done frequency tests (over bluetooth) to show that too.

At the end of the day, we all just want to be happy with the music coming out of our cars. :)

I've left the balance centered actually. I do have bass set to +5(1 less than max).

You might not already know this but Atmos completely ignores your balance preferences. That's kinda Atmos' whole deal. It's spacial audio.

Yes, I should have clarified that. For most listening , master and hifi, I have preferred the equalizers a bit back

For sure! Ears are subjective, and different sound is going to sound good/bad to different people. That said, if you're describing a lack of bass, I can pretty much guarantee something is wrong with your subs because there really isn't one, and we've done frequency tests (over bluetooth) to show that too.

At the end of the day, we all just want to be happy with the music coming out of our cars. :)
Yeah I strongly suspect this is an intermittent failure on some cars. That's why I put the poll together, hoping to see who can feel the front sub working.

I will check tomorrow. I think Iā€™m at factory settings in treble and bass anyway. Out of curiosity does everyone have to set the volume at 1/2 to 2/3 to get a decent not at all loud volume out of the system?
I seem to.

Yeah I strongly suspect this is an intermittent failure on some cars. That's why I put the poll together, hoping to see who can feel the front sub working.
Yes! The purpose of the thread was to ask if the footwell sub (driverā€™s side; Iā€™m not even sure thereā€™s one in the passenger side at all) should sound ā€œblown.ā€ Guess Iā€™ll be calling Frank next week to have it looked at!!

I can definitely feel the bass (after setting it to 6db+). But not the kind of bass from a subwoofer.

Yes! The purpose of the thread was to ask if the footwell sub (driverā€™s side; Iā€™m not even sure thereā€™s one in the passenger side at all) should sound ā€œblown.ā€ Guess Iā€™ll be calling Frank next week to have it looked at!!
It definitely should not sound blown. The trick to identifying whether it is blown or merely distorts (most speakers will distort at a high enough level) at higher volumes is to play these test tones with the volume knob set at 2/3 maximum, and see if as it drops to lower frequencies you hear audible buzzy flabby sound (this is more like a blown sound, as opposed to crackling which is more likely distortion). Then sit in the back seat and see if you notice it too to see if you can identify it there. Low frequencies are very difficult to determine directionality from, FYI, so I think the acoustics of the vehicle are affecting perception of bass more than the speaker locations.

I uploaded a video to demonstrate what I am hearing. I would appreciate it if any owners on here could please comment as to whether you think this sounds wrong. It sounds like the front left speaker is ā€œblownā€ to me. It reduces the entire bass to being very muddy; no tightness. Does anyone else hear this? I am using a song in Atmos on Tidal.

Link:

I uploaded a video to demonstrate what I am hearing. I would appreciate it if any owners on here could please comment as to whether you think this sounds wrong. It sounds like the front left speaker is ā€œblownā€ to me. It reduces the entire bass to being very muddy; no tightness. Does anyone else hear this? I am using a song in Atmos on Tidal.

Link:

Gosh, Iā€™m so glad I listened to your video. Iā€™m getting the same ā€œwhoppa, whoppa, whoppaā€ sound from the region of the driverā€™s door or left footwell.

On my driveway with a normal level of ambient residential area noise, Frank knelt down and had a good listen to mine a few weeks ago, and determined that it sounded normal to him. I didnā€™t press the point any further, and I dropped that particular squawk.

Do let me know if you get Frank to drop by. It may help if you send him your recording via text, because itā€™s really, really evident there. Clearer to my ears than even listening in person, Frank may be able to pick up on it this time.

Let me know. Thanks.

Gosh, Iā€™m so glad I listened to your video. Iā€™m getting the same ā€œwhoppa, whoppa, whoppaā€ sound from the region of the driverā€™s door or left footwell.

On my driveway with a normal level of ambient residential area noise, Frank knelt down and had a good listen to mine a few weeks ago, and determined that it sounded normal to him. I didnā€™t press the point any further, and I dropped that particular squawk.

Do let me know if you get Frank to drop by. It may help if you send him your recording via text, because itā€™s really, really evident there. Clearer to my ears than even listening in person, Frank may be able to pick up on it this time.

Let me know. Thanks.
Private message sent.

Link:
100% your sub is either loose or blown. Call Lucid service.

Let me know. Thanks.
Play this track on Tidal, 40hz test tone. This should prove itā€™s blown or not secured properly if thatā€™s happening to you.

Play this track on Tidal, 40hz test tone. This should prove itā€™s blown or not secured properly if thatā€™s happening to you.

Just to me sure Iā€™m clear about your suggestion, I should play the track on my iphone and then use my iphone as the audio source in my car? I think thatā€™s what you mean.

Just to me sure Iā€™m clear about your suggestion, I should play the track on my iphone and then use my iphone as the audio source in my car? I think thatā€™s what you mean.
Iā€™d play it over Tidal app in the car, higher resolution than over Bluetooth, but since itā€™s just a pure 40hz tone I guess it wouldnā€™t matter too much. It might be interesting to try it both ways and see if thereā€™s a difference. You can just search for 40hz test tone in Tidal in the car, it should come up?

Iā€™d play it over Tidal app in the car, higher resolution than over Bluetooth, but since itā€™s just a pure 40hz tone I guess it wouldnā€™t matter too much. It might be interesting to try it both ways and see if thereā€™s a difference. You can just search for 40hz test tone in Tidal in the car, it should come up?

Thanks very much.

I really hope they can improve the sound. In reality its a $4000 option to get this system on the touring models so I would expect much better sound and bass for a system of this price. Also not sure why they did not include and equalizer. My Model S Audio blows away the Lucid.

I really hope they can improve the sound. In reality its a $4000 option to get this system on the touring models so I would expect much better sound and bass for a system of this price.

In a properly working system, the sound is outstanding. I have never owned a vehicle that I just want to drive around to listen to music; until now. When judging the sound, do so from an app that streams high quality music like Tidal. I think you will be very pleased.

In a properly working system, the sound is outstanding. I have never owned a vehicle that I just want to drive around to listen to music; until now. When judging the sound, do so from an app that streams high quality music like Tidal. I think you will be very pleased.
There is no subwoofer control to allow you to give it the kick that I like in the 80-150hz range. The base control seems to be much higher and at full volume I felt it sounded quite distorted to my other vehicles.

There is no subwoofer control to allow you to give it the kick that I like in the 80-150hz range. The base control seems to be much higher and at full volume I felt it sounded quite distorted to my other vehicles.

I guess itā€™s personal preference then. I wouldnā€™t be able to tolerate listening at full volume ; too loud. I usually have it 60-75% and have been very happy.
The Atmos tracks are unlike anything I have experienced and they make the system shine, in my opinion.
I initially had concerns when I first got the car but I found how much the sound varied depending on source material . Since listening exclusively to Tidal master , hifi, Atmos I have really enjoyed it.
Perhaps with software tweaks Lucid could customize the system more to address some peoplesā€™ concerns? Not sure.

From the recording it sounds like a blown speaker in the sense that the cone is no longer traveling properly.
FYI I do not believe there is a sub in the footwell but rather bass coming from a speaker mounted above.
This is a big guess, but I am thinking that the speaker was overpowered somehowā€¦ and now the cone is somewhat separated.
Unfortunately, at this point the only way to know for sure is to get the speaker out. In your hands, there are many things that you can test, including resistance, and even the thump test (should sound like a drum when thumped with your finger), but I would actually just ask them to replace it.

There is another possibility as well, and I donā€™t know how much space there is between the end of where the speaker travels and what is in front of it, but itā€™s also possible that the speaker is hitting plastic or some other material when extended. This can also damage the speaker as as the cone has nowhere to go and becomes misaligned.

Back