Reservation Cancellations feedback

Wait, does delivery have to take place in 2022? I thought as long as we sign the "binding contract" then it's fine whenever the car gets delivered?
That's the only way to guarantee a credit. 2023 is a toss up. Consult your CPA! And even then they can't give you a definitive answer.

That's the only way to guarantee a credit. 2023 is a toss up. Consult your CPA! And even then they can't give you a definitive answer.
But even a 2022 delivery is a toss up because of what counts as "binding contract"...(sarcastic) Great!

When's the last time youve used autopark? I totally forgot that exists. My parallel parking skills suck I could use that actually lol
I used it yesterday, worked great. I’m better at parallel parking than the car though, the car is wide and it tends to stay too far from the curb. My concern with that is getting side swiped or mirrors clipped by a car driving past.

Wait, does delivery have to take place in 2022? I thought as long as we sign the "binding contract" then it's fine whenever the car gets delivered?
That's what was said then. the story has changed due to IRS clarification.

However, if I am willing to pay $10000 for DDP, I might get the car in 2022 and therefore qualify for the credit.

That statement sounds like a guaranteed delivery in 2022. Are they in a position to provide $7500 of discount if they can't make it to 2022? I don't think anybody has a reason to believe their words given they have been falling behind every commitments.

I don't mean that they are giving false promise, I'm just saying are they willing put their money where their mouth is. I don't want false hope, that would be a typical dealer type haggling.

Let me ask a question this way… If I get a $7500 tax credit, couldn’t one argue that that is worth $30,000 of income at 25% tax ?

For me, if they can’t deliver by 12/31, I will cancel. The $7500 makes Lucid more appealing than the refresh Model S. I wasn’t gonna go with the DD Pro but with the rebate, I will only have to pay $1500 more to get it.

I priced it out my Lucid pre pricing, glass, ss pro, dd pro (113k - $7500) vs New model S refresh with EAP (115k). The gap is $9500 between the two. Without the credit, the gap is only $2000. I would just pay $2000 more to get the model S with EAP that I’ve been using the last 5 years. Plus access to tesla suoercharger is super convenient. EA reliability is questionable and seems people aren’t getting super fast charging rate peaked at 200kw/hr and then throttled down to 180. Model S can do 250kw/hr at 20%.

The $7500 credit won’t save me that much for the monthly payment. It will sway me to another EV for sure.

But even a 2022 delivery is a toss up because of what counts as "binding contract"...(sarcastic) Great!
There was a link to the IRS states that, if the order was placed before they announced the guidelines and car delivered before 12/31/2022, the $7500 would be eligible regardless of binding contract. The binding contract was was later delivery where deposit made is > 5% of the car. Ive had my CPA explained that to me. She was like, if you claim that on your taxes, it’s fine until you get audited. Kind of like, you can go to the store and steal something. It’s fine until you are caught.

My advice to Lucid is to have an Enhanced Dream Drive option, charge $4k-$6k, include most of cameras, sensors, radars from DDP exclude LIDAR system, offer Highway Assist which includes at least lane keep and adaptive cruise control, profit $$$

IMHO they are not worth their asking prices. Quality issues. I’d rather get the Kia.
I test drove a Kia EV6 at Electrify Expo last weekend. For 58k EV, I think it offers a lot of features than a 70k+ Model-Y. But styling is subjective per individual buyer.

I test drove a Kia EV6 at Electrify Expo last weekend. For 58k EV, I think it offers a lot of features than a 70k+ Model-Y. But styling is subjective per individual buyer.
Model Y's cost starts at $58k in 1.5 months, they'd qualify for the new full $7,500 tax credit

IMHO they are not worth their asking prices. Quality issues. I’d rather get the Kia.
I agree, and not only that, the body is basically the same between the Y and the 3 (y just a bit taller, but shares 75% of the parts), and the 3 started out as a 35k base price vehicle and pretty sure with the price hikes, it's closer to 45k-50k now

Model Y's cost starts at $58k in 1.5 months, they'd qualify for the new full $7,500 tax credit
Yeah, but if you spec out to 73k, it would be equivalent to Kia EV6 58k. If you add FSD, Model-Y would be 88k. Even with 7500 tax credit, I think Model-Y is overprice. MY and M3 kept going up in price while in China, they actually drop price.

Anyone knows what will happen if a customer cancels (for whatever reason) a produced vehicle?

For example, I confirm and finalize my Touring order but it does not get delivered EOY 2022 so I don't qualify for EV credit. Can I cancel that? (which will forfeit my $1000 reservation)

Anyone knows what will happen if a customer cancels (for whatever reason) a produced vehicle?

For example, I confirm and finalize my Touring order but it does not get delivered EOY 2022 so I don't qualify for EV credit. Can I cancel that? (which will forfeit my $1000 reservation)
You forfeit $1000
But otherwise my DA told me just to let him know ahead of time or as soon as possible as it will make his life much easier and he can find another buyer for the assembled car.
But no, you're not obligated to buy it or anything.

The federal tax relief is now a moot point. Additionally it is a TAX CREDIT - not a rebate or refund. The effect is a deduction to taxes to be paid. So, find another way to reduce your tax base such as opening a business and placing the Lucid into that taxable entity thus allowing for deductions and depreciation beyond the personal tax form.

The federal tax relief is now a moot point. Additionally it is a TAX CREDIT - not a rebate or refund. The effect is a deduction to taxes to be paid. So, find another way to reduce your tax base such as opening a business and placing the Lucid into that taxable entity thus allowing for deductions and depreciation beyond the personal tax form.
Business vehicle 😉

You forfeit $1000
But otherwise my DA told me just to let him know ahead of time or as soon as possible as it will make his life much easier and he can find another buyer for the assembled car.
But no, you're not obligated to buy it or anything.
I'm close to finally making a decision. As much as I like the glass roof I realize I'd rather have DDP than glass roof so I'm picking a maxed out Pure over a non DDP

1) Finalize order on Touring with all the
If car is at least being used for business 50%
Business with +-25k income and a $100k car. Nah, that will get flagged haha

Honestly, even the Pure is a stretch for me to buy, more so in my head than on paper. I have never considered spending this much money on a vehicle. One thing that I have looked at that isn’t really mentioned a lot is cost/mile of range. A Kia EV6 GT has a best case range of 310 miles, and at $65k on cars.com, that is $209 per mile. A model 3 performance (because I can’t select the range option for some reason) comes in at $200 per mile. The Pure AWD comes in at $200 per mile. I like the design and driving feel WAY better in the Pure. I won’t actually make my final decision to order until the day I receive the email. But so far the lucid is the front runner.

Back