Canceled my Pure RWD reservation. No refund yet.

eherlihy1

Cars
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS
In the hope that this helps others that may be in a similar situation;
  • I placed an order, and $300 deposit, for a RWD pure on August 12, 2022 with the hope of qualifying for the $7500 tax credit. Per the Lucid email on August 11, 2022; "If you place your order before August 12th, you may still be eligible for the $7,500 federal tax credit. You do not need to choose colors and options at this time."
  • On May 31st (4 weeks ago) I sent an email to my SA and DA at Lucid cancelling my order.
  • I have received neither an inquiry from Lucid, nor an acknowledgement to my email.
  • Needless to say, I have not received a refund either.
I'm neither surprised, nor impressed. However, I will update this thread (assuming that this thread remains unlocked) if I receive an acknowledgement or a refund.

I would have preferred not to start a new thread about this but the other relevant threads about reservation cancellations are locked.

• I placed an order, and $300 deposit, for a RWD pure on August 12, 2022 with the hope of qualifying for the $7500 tax credit. Per the Lucid email on August 11, 2022; "If you place your order before August 12th, you may still be eligible for the $7,500 federal tax credit. You do not need to choose colors and options at this time."
  • On May 31st (4 weeks ago) I sent an email to my SA and DA at Lucid cancelling my order.
  • I have received neither an inquiry from Lucid, nor an acknowledgement to my email.
I'm neither surprised, nor impressed. However, I will update this thread (assuming that this thread remains unlocked) if I receive an acknowledgement or a refund.

I would have preferred not to start a new thread about this but the other relevant threads about reservation cancellations are locked.

If you confirmed your order in August 2022 prior to passing of IRA, you converted your order and refundable deposit to a "NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT" in an attempt to be possibly be eligible for the $7,500 federal tax credit. Although, I have heard of some still being able to receive their refunds earlier, I wouldn't guarantee to say your non-refundable deposit is refundable. Regardless, try calling or emailing to follow up on your email from 4 weeks ago.

So you put down $300 on a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit and wonder why you haven't gotten it back. Duh! It was non-refundable! I got mine back but I didn't ask for it and didn't expect it. It was just an unexpected surprise.

You are not entitled to a refund. Move on.

What does your portal say?

So you put down $300 on a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit and wonder why you haven't gotten it back. Duh! It was non-refundable! I got mine back but I didn't ask for it and didn't expect it. It was just an unexpected surprise.

You are not entitled to a refund. Move on.
Perhaps you missed this part of my original post, so I am adding bolding to help you: "I'm neither surprised, nor impressed. However, I will update this thread (assuming that this thread remains unlocked) if I receive an acknowledgement or a refund."

I am NOT asking for a refund, but some acknowledgement from either the SA or DA (now 6 weeks +1 day) would be nice. My Lucid dashboard on the portal still says; "Preparing for Production."

I would have preferred to reply to your thread on the subject where you claim that you cancelled your RWD Air after you purchased a GV60 and received a refund, but that thread is locked by an admin.

My only intention in posting here was to help set the expectation of others in a similar circumstance (and I stated this in the first sentence). My intention was not to initiate another shit-posting storm.

Perhaps you missed this part of my original post, so I am adding bolding to help you: "I'm neither surprised, nor impressed. However, I will update this thread (assuming that this thread remains unlocked) if I receive an acknowledgement or a refund."

I am NOT asking for a refund, but some acknowledgement from either the SA or DA (now 6 weeks +1 day) would be nice. My Lucid dashboard on the portal still says; "Preparing for Production."

I would have preferred to reply to your thread on the subject where you claim that you cancelled your RWD Air after you purchased a GV60 and received a refund, but that thread is locked by an admin.

My only intention in posting here was to help set the expectation of others in a similar circumstance (and I stated this in the first sentence). My intention was not to initiate another shit-posting storm.
Did you consider giving them a call to check on it? Maybe it simply slipped through the cracks.

I'm sorry but I had the same "misunderstanding" of the intention of your post because I read the title. To me, this implied that you were expecting/waiting for a refund.

I see now that is not the case and you are simply offering to provide an update on your specific situation in case someone else is also in this scenario, and you aren't expecting a refund.

I promised that I would follow up, so here you go; Today (six weeks and one day after I sent an email cancelling my order) I received an email stating that my "Lucid Air Pure cancellation is complete." No phone calls, no questions, no pressure.

The details from the email state:
  • Order Date: August 12, 2022
  • Refund Amount: $0.00
  • Retained Order Deposit: $300.00
  • Country for Delivery: US
and I am fine with this, as I knew that it was a non-refundable deposit. My dashboard also states that the order was cancelled today.

It seems that Lucid is really slow in communicating/confirming that orders have been cancelled.

I promised that I would follow up, so here you go; Today (six weeks and one day after I sent an email cancelling my order) I received an email stating that my "Lucid Air Pure cancellation is complete." No phone calls, no questions, no pressure.

The details from the email state:
  • Order Date: August 12, 2022
  • Refund Amount: $0.00
  • Retained Order Deposit: $300.00
  • Country for Delivery: US
and I am fine with this, as I knew that it was a non-refundable deposit. My dashboard also states that the order was cancelled today.

It seems that Lucid is really slow in communicating/confirming that orders have been cancelled.
They want to give you a week to make sure you wont change your mind. Its unfortunate you wont enjoy the amazing ride, handling, range and space that this car provides. Hopefully, you will be in a position later on when you can own this amazing technological marvel!

Update: It is now 4 months after I cancelled my reservation for a Pure RWD without DDpro, and without SSpro (i.e. a base model). In August I started getting calls and emails (now 2 of each) from Lucid asking me to come to Naples, FL, for a test drive of a Lucid Touring. It would be kind of tough for me to do because I am currently in Massachusetts. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe that Lucid have even sold any base model RWD Pures to date.

My guess is that Lucid is trying harder to sell the cars that they have in inventory.

Update: It is now 4 months after I cancelled my reservation for a Pure RWD without DDpro, and without SSpro (i.e. a base model). In August I started getting calls and emails (now 2 of each) from Lucid asking me to come to Naples, FL, for a test drive of a Lucid Touring. It would be kind of tough for me to do because I am currently in Massachusetts. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe that Lucid have even sold any base model RWD Pures to date.

My guess is that Lucid is trying harder to sell the cars that they have in inventory.
This isn't a secret.

Why wouldn’t they?

Ooooof - you're telling me they want to sell the inventory they have, so that they can make room for more inventory? Insane :p

Back