Reservation Cancellations feedback

Honestly, even the Pure is a stretch for me to buy, more so in my head than on paper. I have never considered spending this much money on a vehicle. One thing that I have looked at that isn’t really mentioned a lot is cost/mile of range. A Kia EV6 GT has a best case range of 310 miles, and at $65k on cars.com, that is $209 per mile. A model 3 performance (because I can’t select the range option for some reason) comes in at $200 per mile. The Pure AWD comes in at $200 per mile. I like the design and driving feel WAY better in the Pure. I won’t actually make my final decision to order until the day I receive the email. But so far the lucid is the front runner.
but would a model 3 sparks joy for you? model 3 does not spark joy, pure awd sparks joy, get pure awd.

Attachments

• 70xq2f.jpg
    70xq2f.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 88
Honestly, even the Pure is a stretch for me to buy, more so in my head than on paper. I have never considered spending this much money on a vehicle. One thing that I have looked at that isn’t really mentioned a lot is cost/mile of range. A Kia EV6 GT has a best case range of 310 miles, and at $65k on cars.com, that is $209 per mile. A model 3 performance (because I can’t select the range option for some reason) comes in at $200 per mile. The Pure AWD comes in at $200 per mile. I like the design and driving feel WAY better in the Pure. I won’t actually make my final decision to order until the day I receive the email. But so far the lucid is the front runner.
Model 3 performance or not is a dime a dozen these days. The Lucid will turn heads.

My advice to Lucid is to have an Enhanced Dream Drive option, charge $4k-$6k, include most of cameras, sensors, radars from DDP exclude LIDAR system, offer Highway Assist which includes at least lane keep and adaptive cruise control, profit $$$
That would be great!!!

Having sat in the Pure, I think it's great and reservation holders won't be disappointed in it at all. I actually like it better than the Touring personally. The Alcantara roof is an Ecstasy wet dream.

Having sat in the Pure, I think it's great and reservation holders won't be disappointed in it at all. I actually like it better than the Touring personally. The Alcantara roof is an Ecstasy wet dream.
I’m actually debating between T and Pure. Why do you like the Pure better?
(I’ve not sat in either. My test drive is coming up)

I’m actually debating between T and Pure. Why do you like the Pure better?
(I’ve not sat in either. My test drive is coming up)
I just liked the overall design of the Pure interior a lot - it’s very Scandinavian / mid modern.

I am waiting for Fisker Ocean Extreme $69k which is way more value than Model Y if you look at the features, range and the interior. I personally think Model 3 and Model Y are not at all luxury vehicles. Without 7.5k tax credit, A Toyota Camry or Honda Accord Hybrid is much better value. A toyota RAV 4 plugin is lot more value for the money than Model Y.
Fisher may not be here in three years. Tesla’s autopilot with enhanced self driving (not talking about “full self driving”) is years ahead of anything Toyota has on the market. It’s a real game changer for people who use it everyday. I’d take a model Y over anything you mentioned above, but to each their own. Excited for you to get that Ocean and hear a review!

Curious why you like the Pure better than the Touring? Thanks!

Curious why you like the Pure better than the Touring? Thanks!
If you compare the base models of both, I think the value is there in the Pure as long as you don't care about the glass roof. I was afraid it would feel claustrophobic in the rear, but it's actually quite nice sitting in the rear. The caveat is that I'm only 5'5" so my perception is different than taller folks.

Fisher may not be here in three years. Tesla’s autopilot with enhanced self driving (not talking about “full self driving”) is years ahead of anything Toyota has on the market. It’s a real game changer for people who use it everyday. I’d take a model Y over anything you mentioned above, but to each their own. Excited for you to get that Ocean and hear a review!
Right now, the problem for all non tesla owners seems to be only on a long distance trip even within CA. I expect that to change. Time will tell if early adopters picked a winner as always. The history has so many examples of the late comer dominating. Remember how popular beta max was and VHS killed it? Sun micro killed digital and Linux killed sun micro? I think EA and evgo will improve in time. Let the motors whirr!

I'm surprised how many young people stretch themselves financially to buy a high-end car - a depreciating asset.
It’s silly, but some people have different values. Really feel like a lot of new recruits into the real world don’t understand appreciation of assets but go for the shiny new thing

It’s silly, but some people have different values. Really feel like a lot of new recruits into the real world don’t understand appreciation of assets but go for the shiny new thing
An "investment" doesn't have to be something that appreciates in value. But something that could be "worth the money"
A car is a depreciating asset, but worth the investment if you end up keeping the car for 5/10+ years.

That's my standpoint behind it. This will be my first luxury car, and my first stretch.
But I think this will definitely be a car that'll serve me well for hopefully 10+ years (if I don't trade it for the gravity)
And at that point, it'll be worth it and I can look back with no regrets.

My advice to Lucid is to have an Enhanced Dream Drive option, charge $4k-$6k, include most of cameras, sensors, radars from DDP exclude LIDAR system, offer Highway Assist which includes at least lane keep and adaptive cruise control, profit $$$
Very imp move as not having lane keeping and ACC in Pure with DD is putting me off..🙁 having used autopilot on Tesla, can’t imagine driving on highway without these features..

I was told this is coming, a middle package between DD and DDPRO (price TBA) where they actually do install additional cameras on your car (but not to the extent of DD Pro) that will enable many features such as blind spot assist, and maybe Lane centering

An "investment" doesn't have to be something that appreciates in value. But something that could be "worth the money"
A car is a depreciating asset, but worth the investment if you end up keeping the car for 5/10+ years.

That's my standpoint behind it. This will be my first luxury car, and my first stretch.
But I think this will definitely be a car that'll serve me well for hopefully 10+ years (if I don't trade it for the gravity)
This what I have been trying to explain to my family (Wife included sometimes) who think I'm crazy for spending $113,000 for my loaded Touring. First, I tell them it's my money. I've worked, invested, and saved for it. Second, I keep a car for a minimum of 10 years. This is another reason why I don't do leases. That's $11,300 per year average for a low cost of ownership. They can keep their oil changes, gas, and other annoying ICE maintenance. I had to get gas yesterday right before the snow started -- $70 bucks, it was freezing, the pump nozzle was dirty, and I gotta waste 2 hours in the next few weeks on an oil change. By the end of the year, I will be able to pull the car into the garage, plug in, and wake up in the morning charged. My time saved is worth the cost alone!

I think the phrase you are looking for is your utility maximization. The true definition of an investment is an asset that generates income or appreciates in value. A depreciating asset does not fit this description.
Now, I am all for maximizing utility! Everyone should have the fun if their income supports it.

I think the phrase you are looking for is your utility maximization. The true definition of an investment is an asset that generates income or appreciates in value. A depreciating asset does not fit this description.
Now, I am all for maximizing utility! Everyone should have the fun if their income supports it.
An investment requires putting capital to work, in the form of time, money, effort, etc., in hopes of a greater payoff in the future than what was originally put in.
... With that being said
Investments usually do not come with guarantees of appreciation; it is possible to end up with less money than with what you started. (I can fit this definition into my criteria) 🤣

An investment requires putting capital to work, in the form of time, money, effort, etc., in hopes of a greater payoff in the future than what was originally put in.
... With that being said
Investments usually do not come with guarantees of appreciation; it is possible to end up with less money than with what you started. (I can fit this definition into my criteria) 🤣
It’s easy to justify a purchase that we want, I do it all the time with things I buy. Buttt you just bought a car with an original price of about $150k to the previous owner before anything else they did to it, for $122k. An investment? Absolutely not. Doesn’t mean you don’t deserve the vehicle, and got a good deal though.

Back