Reservation Cancellations feedback

Discussing value and car in the same conversation is counterproductive. NO car is a good value. Affordability is where the decision should start and end.

An investment requires putting capital to work, in the form of time, money, effort, etc., in hopes of a greater payoff in the future than what was originally put in.
... With that being said
Investments usually do not come with guarantees of appreciation; it is possible to end up with less money than with what you started. (I can fit this definition into my criteria) 🤣
The term your were looking for is “Opportunity Cost”.

It’s not just save $ in maintenance, there are time wasted in waiting maintenance can do better things. Time can also be weighted as money. I told my wife that 5.5 hours she wasted waiting for Honda Accord oil change at dealership during this summer labor shortage can be utilized for better value.

Also, try talking to anyone that bought BTC at $70k and are now staring at <$17k. Technically BTC is an investment, but it sure as heck didn't appreciate this go round, and no one got to have fun driving it and blasting 0-60 < 4 seconds.

I’m actually debating between T and Pure. Why do you like the Pure better?
(I’ve not sat in either. My test drive is coming up)
I decided that the acceleration and range of Pure is more than enough for my needs. I never used the glass roof or sunroof in any car I owned and decided that I will not use it. I decided to spend the money on AWD, DDP and SSP instead and yet it is cheaper than the base pure. The money I saved by not buying GT vs this car almost paid for Fisker Ocean Extreme.

The term your were looking for is “Opportunity Cost”.

It’s not just save $ in maintenance, there are time wasted in waiting maintenance can do better things. Time can also be weighted as money. I told my wife that 5.5 hours she wasted waiting for Honda Accord oil change at dealership during this summer labor shortage can be utilized for better value.
Hey! Don't ignore the opportunity cost of a vacation in case you have to wait for a charger.;)

Model 3s and Ys are affordable and have low cost of ownership.
I would not consider Model 3 or Model Y for a few reasons.
Main reason, Just 1 display in the center for everything forces the driver to eyes off the road for just changing the temperature or see the speed etc.

The second reason is I think they built so cheap that even a Toyota corolla or a Honda Civic has way better interior.

Finally both these cars and for that matter even Model S depends only on cameras for everything.
I don't believe that any amount of AI can compensate for what a sensor cannot see.

So, I decided to pay a few more bucks to get Fisker Ocean Extreme for 69k instead of a Model Y. 350 Miles AWD, all ADAS Level 2 featues, DIgital radar, 360 deg view, Auto Park,
Solar roof for 2k miles per year. 400V 250KW dc fast charge, Vehicle to Home, Vehicle to Grid, Vehicle to Vehicle using 100KWh battery.
Yes, I will be an early adapter but are all the Lucid owners not early adapters?

OK. We all know about EA chargers not playing nice with Lucid and we don't know how it will work with Fisker. That is a risk I am taking.

Hey! Don't ignore the opportunity cost of a vacation in case you have to wait for a charger.;)
😂 Very true!

That is why a little extra range and 900V fast charging architecture ease that anxiety. But also planning ahead is important. Looking for hotel with destination charger to fill up over night, or camping ground with outlets. If I go AirBnB, I will have to bring extension cord to level-2 charge from their dryer outlet. I’m sure many country side areas are far from fast charging stations.

Last edited:
I would not consider Model 3 or Model Y for a few reasons.
Main reason, Just 1 display in the center for everything forces the driver to eyes off the road for just changing the temperature or see the speed etc.

The second reason is I think they built so cheap that even a Toyota corolla or a Honda Civic has way better interior.

Finally both these cars and for that matter even Model S depends only on cameras for everything.
I don't believe that any amount of AI can compensate for what a sensor cannot see.

So, I decided to pay a few more bucks to get Fisker Ocean Extreme for 69k instead of a Model Y. 350 Miles AWD, all ADAS Level 2 featues, DIgital radar, 360 deg view, Auto Park,
Solar roof for 2k miles per year. 400V 250KW dc fast charge, Vehicle to Home, Vehicle to Grid, Vehicle to Vehicle using 100KWh battery.
Yes, I will be an early adapter but are all the Lucid owners not early adapters?

OK. We all know about EA chargers not playing nice with Lucid and we don't know how it will work with Fisker. That is a risk I am taking.
My children have had model S, 3 and X Teslas and love them. I bought a DE-P and not a Plaid because I don't like "Tesla minimalism". My wife has an AMG EQS that she loves. I like my DE-P better.

Different people like different cars.

Model 3s and Ys are affordable and have low cost of ownership.

Or this Chinese Ora, looks like Model-3 and VW Bug made a baby together for $31k, 48kWh battery. The entry level market in couple years will be very competitive once Ukraine is out of war, and nickel and lithium raw materials supply constraints ease up.

I have Model Y Tesla and BMW X7 for the family. Honestly can say the Model Y know were compares to the lucid, in regards to build quality and drive. Also living in LA the Model Y is EVERYWERE!
I hate having a car that everyone has. The only thing I can say I am truly disappointed in is that Lucid without DDP does not come with Highway assist. My tesla has "auto Pilot" ( no extra charge) which I use daily. When I did my original reservation they did claim that highway assist would be included with DD, I do not find it reasonable for a 100k care plus not to have that option as standard. Again you can not compare any of the Teslas to what Lucid has to offer, I honestly don't find them even in the same category. I have a 2022 Bolt EUV premium that I keep around as an extra car, I enjoy driving it more then My tesla.

In regards to other new Companies like Rivian, which I have a reservation for the SUV. When I test drove it over the weekend, it provided me with more of an appreciation for Lucid. I did not enjoy the Ride quality, and it was very Loud(wind Noise). The only benefit i saw over the lucid at the time was the software. It seemed to work well. However driving that car made me realize that Lucid has really made a wonderful product comparing it to another start up in regards to Drive qualify/quietness/comfort.

I do need to mention I did drive the EQS SUV and that was an amazing car! I am thinking of selling the X7 and getting it for the Family as paying $500 a month on gas these days feels like a waste of money.

I decided that the acceleration and range of Pure is more than enough for my needs. I never used the glass roof or sunroof in any car I owned and decided that I will not use it. I decided to spend the money on AWD, DDP and SSP instead and yet it is cheaper than the base pure. The money I saved by not buying GT vs this car almost paid for Fisker Ocean Extreme.
I meant what I ordered is cheaper than the base touring.

An "investment" doesn't have to be something that appreciates in value. But something that could be "worth the money"
A car is a depreciating asset, but worth the investment if you end up keeping the car for 5/10+ years.

That's my standpoint behind it. This will be my first luxury car, and my first stretch.
But I think this will definitely be a car that'll serve me well for hopefully 10+ years (if I don't trade it for the gravity)
And at that point, it'll be worth it and I can look back with no regrets.
How can you put an investment value on car that prevents a major accident? If I bought a more cost effective car back in 98 instead of Lexus ls 400, I would have died in a car accident which totalled it in 2012 and the cabin was unscathed. Neither me nor my wife needed any medical attention. I am that much older now and will only get older. How can we put an investment value on a car we can afford which enables us to drive and be independent health permitting?

How can you put an investment value on car that prevents a major accident? If I bought a more cost effective car back in 98 instead of Lexus ls 400, I would have died in a car accident which totalled it in 2012 and the cabin was unscathed. Neither me nor my wife needed any medical attention. I am that much older now and will only get older. How can we put an investment value on a car we can afford which enables us to drive and be independent health permitting?
That was my thought when thinking about Volvo and MB cars.

Honestly that is a really good reason as well, the fancier the car, the more sensors, it's worth the additional safety and premium build to keep you as safe as possible.

Wasn't it someone in this forum or someone who knows the individual who got into the accident in Texas? He said that him and his wife were unscathed and felt so safe they're buying another Lucid.

Honestly that is a really good reason as well, the fancier the car, the more sensors, it's worth the additional safety and premium build to keep you as safe as possible.

Wasn't it someone in this forum or someone who knows the individual who got into the accident in Texas? He said that him and his wife were unscathed and felt so safe they're buying another Lucid.
I also had 2 occasions I looked at rear camera and side ways with no car in sight to back out, then car came out of left field and Air made abrupt stop to nullify my reverse acceleration. I guess Lucid ADAS avoided fender bender twice. So many ultrasonic sensors and radars in this car make me feel safe. I can also say the same thing about Polestar 2 that my son/wife drives. These ADAS is like buying insurance premium as “investment”.

Honestly, even the Pure is a stretch for me to buy, more so in my head than on paper. I have never considered spending this much money on a vehicle. One thing that I have looked at that isn’t really mentioned a lot is cost/mile of range. A Kia EV6 GT has a best case range of 310 miles, and at $65k on cars.com, that is $209 per mile. A model 3 performance (because I can’t select the range option for some reason) comes in at $200 per mile. The Pure AWD comes in at $200 per mile. I like the design and driving feel WAY better in the Pure. I won’t actually make my final decision to order until the day I receive the email. But so far the lucid is the front runner.
Would you mind sharing that math breakdown please ??

310 miles (Kia EV6 GT range) times $209/mile ~= $65K. That's a pretty simplified way to calculate a comparison, I think: how much are you paying for a car's range. I use something more like total cost of ownership over the period of time I'd use the car, with a specific per-year mileage, fuel/charging costs, insurance, maintenance costs, purchase price, taxes, and expected resale value at the end of the ownership period. What doesn't factor in well is the cost per smile, when you really enjoy something about the car.

Or this Chinese Ora, looks like Model-3 and VW Bug made a baby together for $31k, 48kWh battery. The entry level market in couple years will be very competitive once Ukraine is out of war, and nickel and lithium raw materials supply constraints ease up.
I bet they will never come to the US. Especially BYD, the "Huawei" in automotive industry. IMO, their LFP blade battery is really good. I wish all cars to use the safer LFP batteries.

Last edited:
I have a reservation for a Pure at a price of $77,400. I am reasonably certain the car will not be built/purchased by 12/31/2022. If I get a call or email from Lucid in, say, May of 2023 I will tell them I will only consider purchasing the vehicle if they reduce the price to $69,900. I know there is very little chance Lucid will drop the price, but I don't think I'll look like a fool for asking. It's not my fault if Lucid misses the 12/31/2022 deadline for a tax credit and $69.9 is my cap. Any higher than $69.9 and a VW ID4 is a better option for me.

I have a reservation for a Pure at a price of $77,400. I am reasonably certain the car will not be built/purchased by 12/31/2022. If I get a call or email from Lucid in, say, May of 2023 I will tell them I will only consider purchasing the vehicle if they reduce the price to $69,900. I know there is very little chance Lucid will drop the price, but I don't think I'll look like a fool for asking. It's not my fault if Lucid misses the 12/31/2022 deadline for a tax credit and $69.9 is my cap. Any higher than $69.9 and a VW ID4 is a better option for me.
There is no way they’ll drop the price.

Back