Replace entire HV battery?

Has anyone had their entire HV battery + WunderBox replaced? What was your experience? How long did it take?

Apparently this is about to happen to me. They’re not yet sure—though they’ve now had the car for a full week. Not what I bargained for when I bought the car, to put it mildly.
@Gil - Any update you can provide? I'm concerned I might be going down a similar path.

When you say car died, what happened? Trying to figure out what your sequence of events was to determine you needed a new HV battery? Did it die while driving? Did it not start? What error did you get?
I got a drive fault message. Ends up that it took two weeks to repair as they decided to replace the entire HV system. Lucid said the fault was in the air conditioning but evidently, they wre not 100% sure, so they replaced everything including the very expensive battery......

I got a drive fault message. Ends up that it took two weeks to repair as they decided to replace the entire HV system. Lucid said the fault was in the air conditioning but evidently, they wre not 100% sure, so they replaced everything including the very expensive battery......
Were you driving or stopped when you got the Drive Fault message?

I respect your opinion. I know their plan is to definitely have loaners available, but it's Hertz rentals for now.

And no, I don't think it's cash flow - I think it's because they were constrained building cars at first. I have no reason to suspect they won't overproduce tourings and pures and have some available as loaners.
My Hertz rental is over $2k so far. 🤷‍♀️

Just had my Battery replaced.
I didn't know anything was wrong until they called me to pick up my car.
21,000 Miles on my GT

21,000 Miles on my GT
I think you’re the 5th owner I’ve heard of needing this, all early build cars, two Dream Editions and 3 GT (mine is getting replaced right now at 18k miles, in a loaner GT so minimal inconvenience for me).

was there any events like cooling pump failure (there are 4 that cool batteries)?

21,000 Miles on my GT
When was your car produced if you don’t mind saying?

About 3 weeks ago, I got the 5-minute battery countdown.

From ATL, they've transported my car to the Florida service center.

Unfortunately, there's not much customer support:
- We're waiting on batteries from AZ, but no ETA
- They don't actually know whether the battery replacement will resolve the issue
- I call and check in once a week (they've never proactively called me)

In the meantime I'm driving around in a rental pickup truck that smells like smoke (irony?).
I understand the wait and I understand the lack of Lucid loaners. What I don't accept is that a luxury car manufacturer (Lucid) can't supply an appropriate rental until it has Airs as loaners. No way a smelly pickup truck would ever be acceptable at BMW, MB, Audi, Cadillac, Alfa Romeo, etc.

I understand the wait and I understand the lack of Lucid loaners. What I don't accept is that a luxury car manufacturer (Lucid) can't supply an appropriate rental until it has Airs as loaners. No way a smelly pickup truck would ever be acceptable at BMW, MB, Audi, Cadillac, Alfa Romeo, etc.
I don't think it's reasonable to expect Enterprise to have better rental cars just because I bought a Lucid. inATL can exchange his smoky truck when a better car is available.

About 2 weeks down time including shipping from Florida when they replaced my battery last December. I am under the impression that lucid has a surplus of produced airs. Why not have more corporate cars/ demonstrators/ loaners out there to increase awareness?

I think you’re the 5th owner I’ve heard of needing this, all early build cars, two Dream Editions and 3 GT (mine is getting replaced right now at 18k miles, in a loaner GT so minimal inconvenience for me).
They didn't offer any loaner and the car was missing for 2 weeks.
I have a few cars but it would have been nice to drive a loaner.

was there any events like cooling pump failure (there are 4 that cool batteries)?
No no problems other then it left me stranded 1 block from a super charger with 10 miles of range!!!
I called lucid for towing assistance and they told me NO. that they would not provide a tow because of low range.
I asked how many miles of range do you need to have left on the odometer to provide such a service?????
Because if my BMW ran out of gas with 10 miles of range there is a PROBLEM.
They ultimately did not provide me an answer.
that was the only problem I have had.

They didn't offer any loaner and the car was missing for 2 weeks.
I have a few cars but it would have been nice to drive a loaner.
Yeah the goal is for all service centers to have loaners but yours may not have them yet or have a limited number and they were already loaned out, however they should then reimburse for a rental vehicle if needed. As for being stranded with 10 miles of range left I’m confused, you mentioned your car was fine but Lucid called you about the battery and took your car, so you’re referring to a separate incident where you couldn’t make it to a charger with a low SOC% or were unable to charge? I’ve been in a situation at a much higher SOC% where my local station failed and Lucid offered to direct me to the nearest fast charger or tow me if I didn’t have enough range to make it, so it appears not all service experiences are consistent yet, but they do intend to make them consistent across all regions. For reference my car which is getting the HV battery replaced now was also built 3/2022.

With the exception of the West Palm Beach / Florida service center, service everywhere else appears to be top-notch.
I think they saw the issue because they opened another service center in Miami a couple months ago who is only handling the repairs and not new car deliveries. Should help a bit with the delays. I'm luckily in between the 2 service centers, so 45 minutes each way.

I think they saw the issue because they opened another service center in Miami a couple months ago who is only handling the repairs and not new car deliveries. Should help a bit with the delays. I'm luckily in between the 2 service centers, so 45 minutes each way.
Great to hear!

Just had my battery replaced by the VA Shop. Russell and team were aces, had a loaner. Like some others, I had no idea anything was wrong they called me and said it needed to happen. I'm looking forward to seeing if I get better mileage on road trips as I've driven back and forth from Raleigh, NC to St. Augustine, FL 3-4 times...and I never quite made it as far as I thought I should...

I a gf ree on service in Richmond, good shop. At what mileage has battery failure b3en happening?

Back