Regrets

No I regrets per se, but a few things after just under a month of ownership to note:
  • I’d swear earlier pre-production cars had slightly longer steering wheel column extension. Mine is not as far as I’d like, mainly because the race car driver in me likes it ridiculously close. It won’t matter for most anyone else.
  • The A/C dash vents don’t blow as much air as you may want which will surprise you on a hot day. You can still cool the cabin down fast if you use the defrost vents with the A/C on max. It blows air over the windshield and your face more effectively than just the dash vents imho. The remote climate also works very well.
  • The app is pretty slow to wake the car. If you’re using the frunk/trunk then just carry your fob until they get it more responsive. Otherwise mobile key works great.
  • I thought I’d want the glass roof tinted (I’m very light sensitive) but after only a day I stopped caring. At this point I prefer the glass overhead - something I did not expect at all.
  • There’s still a lot of work to be done on the nav
  • The minimalist interior has grown on me to the point that after hopping in an EQS recently I was almost totally turned off by how busy it is (very surprising to me)
All that aside, I love the car and still seek out flimsy excuses to go for a drive.

My one regret is fairly odd: I wish I’d pre-ordered a Rivian sooner for my wife. At this point we’re more than ready to go all-EV and never look back, but will have to wait until late next year for hers to arrive. Gee Shucks Darn.
I agree it's a great car no complaints here.

You nailed it ... Plaid sitting in the garage waiting for an aftermarket steering wheel. Willing to wait another four months or it gets listed. We would have kept our 2 year old Taycan 4S had Lucid not issued their latest SW version. To it's credit the Taycan matched the 3.3 m/kWh we are getting with the Lucid but can't match the Lucid range mostly due to the difference in battery size?.
The taycan interior is smaller than lucid's.

Have you seen the Ix in the flesh? Best interior (IMO) they've ever put out, and nicer than Lucid (which is v-nice). and a dream to drive. (I haven't shopped MB because I'm just not going that direction again.)

Of all the EVs I've "auditioned" the IX has the best combination of features and reliability for me...I only had brief studio time with Lucid's UI, but BMW's seems at least one generation ahead. Lucid's graphics aren't even comparable, and everything on the BMW boots up Instantly.

But what were they THINKING with the look of the front end? Did focus groups really love that Freddy Kreuger face?? I'd own the iX now if they'd just expressed the "kidneys" differently. It didn't even need to be elegant as so many of their old grilles were. It just didn't need to pi$$ me off every time I look at it.

Let's face it--our choice of cars is like our choice of dogs--it says something about who we are, and what we want people to think of us. There is a way to be subtle and elegant at the same time, and the cars that do (Lucid is one) will get my attention.

The iX is unsubtle and inelegant ---what a missed opportunity.

PS--I7 = Freddy Kreuger in different clothes
I agree. The three major disadvantages of the IX 50i compared to the Lucid are SUV vs sedan, range and grilles. But at least the IX seems very efficient at its use of the battery pack. I have driven in both and the interior of the IX is above that of the Lucid. I can live without a HUD in the Lucid because the display is right in front of my eyes toward the bottom of the windshield but the HUD in the IX is wonderful. I do prefer driving a sedan and at the moment Lucid is my first choice but the IX 50i is second. This assumes that Lucid gets its software act together.

Living with the grille in the IX is harder as I would have to look at it every time I went into my garage. But if everything else lined up, I could reluctantly live with it in a very dark color vehicle to try to minimize its impact. And this is coming from a BMW owner.

I agree. The three major disadvantages of the IX 50i compared to the Lucid are SUV vs sedan, range and grilles. But at least the IX seems very efficient at its use of the battery pack. I have driven in both and the interior of the IX is above that of the Lucid. I can live without a HUD in the Lucid because the display is right in front of my eyes toward the bottom of the windshield but the HUD in the IX is wonderful. I do prefer driving a sedan and at the moment Lucid is my first choice but the IX 50i is second. This assumes that Lucid gets its software act together.

Living with the grille in the IX is harder as I would have to look at it every time I went into my garage. But if everything else lined up, I could reluctantly live with it in a very dark color vehicle to try to minimize its impact. And this is coming from a BMW owner.
BTW did you notice that a license plate must go right in the middle of the grill? After making such a big deal of it! Really dumb...

BTW did you notice that a license plate must go right in the middle of the grill? After making such a big deal of it! Really dumb...

No but Arizona is not a front license plate state. But I do think the horizontal Euro style plates across the Bugs Bunny grilles helps. Then again, anything in front of the grilles helps.

I sometimes can understand how I might be disappointed with this that or the other in an alternate dimension where I wasn’t me. But the minute I look at the car again, or get into it, or start driving it, it’s still just pure pleasure and I always am grateful and consider myself lucky.

Eventually, those feelings will surely fade as newer and better tech emerges, but I hope they are simply replaced with a feeling of quiet and steady satisfaction. Kind of like, yup, car is great, nothing much more to talk about, she was the very best once upon a time and I love her still.
That's precisely how I feel about my 9-year-old Tesla, and the transition from the former to the latter took surprisingly long. Well, almost exactly until I learned more about the Lucid Air... ;)

Last edited:
Cool thread. Nothing like getting opinions from people who actually have the car.
There is another, related thread here:

I am pretty sure I am going to get a lot of heat from other members on this forum, but here is my question for the people who already have their Lucid vehicles and have spent some time living with them.
Do you have any regrets about buying the Lucid? What regrets do you have? If you love the vehicle in general, what do you wish was better?
What do you absolutely love about your vehicle?
I have about 1700 miles on my White with Tahoe GTA. Simply stated the driving experience is extraordinary! I’ve never driven a car that comes close to my GTA. And my last car was a 2019 Mercedes S560. To be fair I’m not satisfied with some of the software glitches tho I knew what I was getting into with my early delivery. I think I have car 819. But a $150,000 car should be near perfect. It isn’t yet. It’ll get there. But I have no regrets and I can’t wait for my wife to send me on an errand just so I can drive it today.

I have about 1700 miles on my White with Tahoe GTA. Simply stated the driving experience is extraordinary! I’ve never driven a car that comes close to my GTA. And my last car was a 2019 Mercedes S560. To be fair I’m not satisfied with some of the software glitches tho I knew what I was getting into with my early delivery. I think I have car 819. But a $150,000 car should be near perfect. It isn’t yet. It’ll get there. But I have no regrets and I can’t wait for my wife to send me on an errand just so I can drive it today.
Mike, I need a loaf of bread and quart of milk from the store please….

I tend to agree. I have a Panamera GTS, which I’m going to miss. A lot of “Porsche people” don’t consider it to be a real sports car, but I do. I’m hoping the GT will scratch the same itch, but I think I just need to recalibrate expectations.
I had a '13 and a '16 Panamera GTS and they are sports cars. The last V-8 NA cars that Porsche made and the aural, as well as dynamic experiences, were great. I also drove my '15 991 Turbo S on multiple tracks. I never tracked my Pan GTS's, but drove a Panamera Turbo at Barber Motor Sports Park for a 20-minute session and it was a beast on the track. My expectation for the AGT is that it will be a very satisfying car to drive on winding country roads in the Berkshires, NH, and nearby VT, but I have no plans to track it at Limerock.

I had a '13 and a '16 Panamera GTS and they are sports cars. The last V-8 NA cars that Porsche made and the aural, as well as dynamic experiences, were great. I also drove my '15 991 Turbo S on multiple tracks. I never tracked my Pan GTS's, but drove a Panamera Turbo at Barber Motor Sports Park for a 20-minute session and it was a beast on the track. My expectation for the AGT is that it will be a very satisfying car to drive on winding country roads in the Berkshires, NH, and nearby VT, but I have no plans to track it at Limerock.
Ultimately, a high performing luxury sedan is the most I can hope for. If the GT can perform nearly as well on windy roads as it does in a straight line, I will be satisfied. The GTS isn’t the fastest car in the class, but it is like driving a go cart on nice bends.

I’m surprised you’d say that over the new i7, although I’d still go with Porsche before looking at a BMW. BMW doesn’t hit the driving experience sweet spot for me. Also, frankly, Mercedes software and interior are far superior to BMW as well.
No way Mercedes software is better than BMW. I owned both at the same time and BMW has a far better interface and their HUD is better too.

I think BMW’s software is as good or better than any other car company.

After 5 high end Mercedes l, I doubt I will ever buy one again.

No way Mercedes software is better than BMW. I owned both at the same time and BMW has a far better interface and their HUD is better too.

The MBUX system (Mercedes’ HMI software) is considered to be one of, if not the, the best in the industry. Owning it in an EQS, it out paces and classes anything I’ve owned or experienced (especially BMW)… I think even Doug Demuro has some comments around that.

The MBUX system (Mercedes’ HMI software) is considered to be one of, if not the, the best in the industry. Owning it in an EQS, it out paces and classes anything I’ve owned or experienced (especially BMW)… I think even Doug Demuro has some comments around that.
Maybe, as I have not driven an EQS and don’t plan too. Nothing before that was best in class and not close to BMW.

Would rather keep my refresh Model S than own an EQS. 😊

I've looked at EQS an IX and I prefer the BMW interior and UI over the Benz's...by a lot

I will say that I was put off by the Porsche EPA estimates for range. However, it seems that real world testing puts it close to 300 miles (270-280 on long highway trips) rather than close to 200 miles. It's almost like Porsche came up with a number that would be "reasonable" during winter and one that could greatly be exceeded in the summer.

But since this is a standardized EPA test, I'm not sure how they managed that.

I will say that I was put off by the Porsche EPA estimates for range. However, it seems that real world testing puts it close to 300 miles (270-280 on long highway trips) rather than close to 200 miles. It's almost like Porsche came up with a number that would be "reasonable" during winter and one that could greatly be exceeded in the summer.
But since this is a standardized EPA test, I'm not sure how they managed that.
An auto manufacturer can decide between 2 different EPA testing procedures for their consumption publication. The one that Porsche uses results in a lower EPA number. There is a five cycle test and a 2 cycle test. Porsche uses the 2 cycle test, while Lucid and Tesla use the five cycle test. Each test cycle is adjusted by a different percentage factor and that results in different EPA ratings.

There is an InsideEV article, which explains this:

Here is a link to the EPA procedures for testing EV range:

An auto manufacturer can decide between 2 different EPA testing procedures for their consumption publication. The one that Porsche uses results in a lower EPA number. There is a five cycle test and a 2 cycle test. Porsche uses the 2 cycle test, while Lucid and Tesla use the five cycle test. Each test cycle is adjusted by a different percentage factor and that results in different EPA ratings.

There is an InsideEV article, which explains this:

Here is a link to the EPA procedures for testing EV range:
I understood that part that there are 2 different tests and that Lucid and Tesla use the 5 cycle test which gives the higher EPA estimated numbers that almost no one can attain. And I knew that Porsche used the 2 cycle test. The part that was interesting was that despite the 2 cycle Porsche test result (~200 miles), it has been tested and has gone ~280 miles on a full charge. Other 2 cycle test cars have exceeded the EPA estimates by 10% or so, but Porsche did so by 30 to 40%. That part is what confuses me.

Had Porsche done a 5 cycle test and came in at an EPA range of 310 miles, I wonder how many people would have the Taycan on their radar for their EV (rather than 200 mile EPA range). I mean, it wouldn't change the actual day to day results of Taycan owners, but there may be more owners.

Ultimately, what I'd like to see is a tightening of the 5 cycle values and/or a loosening of the 2 cycle values. OR just a single cycle and then everything is properly relative.

OK a touch more research (link below)
Base Taycan with base battery = 200 miles EPA
Base Taycan with bigger battery = 225 miles EPA

As tested by AMCI (independent testing firm)
Base Taycan with base battery = 252 miles EPA
Base Taycan with bigger battery = 282 miles EPA

I mean, the "real world" numbers are compelling. It would be nice if the EPA numbers were closer. I honestly hadn't considered the Taycan because 200 miles range wasn't going to cut it. Had I known that it is more like 250 miles range....well, it would be in the running. Although the Touring has an EPA estimate of 406 miles, I don't expect the real world mileage will be like that. If it is closer to 350 miles range, that would be great. If real world Lucid touring range was more like 280-300 miles, well then I'd want to rethink things......

Still, I'm very excited to own a Lucid. The porsche certainly has an awesome cool factor.

I agree. IDrive is not perfect but it is the best out there.

Back