Regrets

I hope you weren't injured by that limb too badly. Do you really think I lived with this issue for 6 years and never tried to get them to fix it?! They replaced my keys multiple times and attempted to fix it in the beginning. After awhile they simply didn't care and said there was nothing they could do. Service used to be pretty decent. The past few years, the car actually comes out of service with at least one new problem and the reason it went in is not always addressed. Last time they even lied about replacing something that was clearly not replaced and simply ignored my repeated messages about it.

I’m sorry for being flippant.

Thanks for that. I have a GT on order, possible delivery here in 4-8 weeks, but I am starting to have second thoughts. Now thinking if I should get another high-end EV instead

Are you a numbers guy? What are your criteria? What are your wants, needs, and deal breakers?

For me, I love the Porsche Taycan GT, but it doesn't meet the main criteria...any EV must have a min of 300 miles of range! If you can't meet or exceed an ICE why would I want to buy that model. I also have a rating of any EV must be capable of 0-60 in under 4 seconds, bonus under 3. Do you like true minimalistic, minimal elegance, over-the-top luxury interior, etc...Do you want/need cooled seats? All this makes a difference. Are you going to put the largest wheels on it, if so range will drop about 4% (roughly).

I would create your criteria and see who/what meets them. I know Lucid is going to have software UI issues, but I know it will get worked out and updates will flow once they make their $3B revenue from the reserved list. What can you live with and what can you not live through?

Are you a numbers guy? What are your criteria? What are your wants, needs, and deal breakers?

For me, I love the Porsche Taycan GT, but it doesn't meet the main criteria...any EV must have a min of 300 miles of range! If you can't meet or exceed an ICE why would I want to buy that model. I also have a rating of any EV must be capable of 0-60 in under 4 seconds, bonus under 3. Do you like true minimalistic, minimal elegance, over-the-top luxury interior, etc...Do you want/need cooled seats? All this makes a difference. Are you going to put the largest wheels on it, if so range will drop about 4% (roughly).

I would create your criteria and see who/what meets them. I know Lucid is going to have software UI issues, but I know it will get worked out and updates will flow once they make their $3B revenue from the reserved list. What can you live with and what can you not live through?
I fall into some of these buckets as well. If the Taycan GT exceeded 300 miles of range and had better software, I would have purchased it over a Lucid or the EQS I owned, no questions asked. Those were the primary reasons I traded in my Taycan 4S which was an absolutely amazing car and the only real quality alternative to Lucid that meets my needs tbh. I will never own a Tesla again due to the terrible evolution of their customer service and horrid car quality issues (Tesla is NOT a car company and will never be one.. they are software), Mercedes just isn’t for me (so I’ve learned), and Porsche is where it’s at. I hope Lucid can live up to those expectations when I get it.

I fall into some of these buckets as well. If the Taycan GT exceeded 300 miles of range and had better software, I would have purchased it over a Lucid or the EQS I owned, no questions asked. Those were the primary reasons I traded in my Taycan 4S which was an absolutely amazing car and the only real quality alternative to Lucid that meets my needs tbh. I will never own a Tesla again due to the terrible evolution of their customer service and horrid car quality issues (Tesla is NOT a car company and will never be one.. they are software), Mercedes just isn’t for me (so I’ve learned), and Porsche is where it’s at. I hope Lucid can live up to those expectations when I get it.

Aside from how ugly it is, the BMW IX 50i is a reasonable alternative with a decent range but not as good as the Lucid. I am still planning on the Lucid but if it doesn't get its software act together, the BMW would be my current backup.

Aside from how ugly it is, the BMW IX 50i is a reasonable alternative with a decent range but not as good as the Lucid. I am still planning on the Lucid but if it doesn't get its software act together, the BMW would be my current backup.
I’m surprised you’d say that over the new i7, although I’d still go with Porsche before looking at a BMW. BMW doesn’t hit the driving experience sweet spot for me. Also, frankly, Mercedes software and interior are far superior to BMW as well.

The Porsche is a great car but the range is too small for me. The I7 is too big for me and it doesn't yet exist.

My preference is for a smaller car with excellent performance and range. Not a lot out there that meet this criteria.

The Porsche is a great car but the range is too small for me. The I7 is too big for me and it doesn't yet exist.

My preference is for a smaller car with excellent performance and range. Not a lot out there that meet this criteria.
Wait, if the i7 is too big, isn’t the BMW IX 50i a compact SUV? I haven’t looked at the specs, but would have assumed it was bigger than the i7 if not similar width/length dimensions. I would have expected you to say the i7 because of that reason.

Sounds like you might be interested in the EQE

Wait, if the i7 is too big, isn’t the BMW IX 50i a compact SUV? I haven’t looked at the specs, but would have assumed it was bigger than the i7 if not similar width/length dimensions. I would have expected you to say the i7 because of that reason.

Sounds like you might be interested in the EQE
The IX is 195 inches long; the I7 is 212 inches long.

The EQE is also not yet out there. One that intrigues me but is not yet there so I don't know the specs is the electric Macan.

I’m surprised you’d say that over the new i7, although I’d still go with Porsche before looking at a BMW. BMW doesn’t hit the driving experience sweet spot for me. Also, frankly, Mercedes software and interior are far superior to BMW as well.
For me, if without factoring speed attribute….

MB = ++++ UX/Software/Luxury
Tesla = ++++ Infotainment/Charging Network
Porsche = ++++ Sporty/Handling/Style
BMW = ++++ Sporty/Style(ICE)
Lucid = ++++ BatteryTech/Style/Space/Handling/Luxury

For me, if without factoring speed attribute….

MB = ++++ UX/Software/Luxury
Tesla = ++++ Infotainment/Charging Network
Porsche = ++++ Sporty/Handling/Style
BMW = ++++ Sporty/Style(ICE)
Lucid = ++++ BatteryTech/Style/Space/Handling/Luxury
Cool comparison. Looks like the only attribute that you consider the Taycan to have over the Lucid is that the Taycan is sporty. I only test drove a GT and drove it like a grandpa (no offense to grandpas). Subjective question, but would you consider the lucid to be a sports car, in the same vein as the Taycan.

Cool comparison. Looks like the only attribute that you consider the Taycan to have over the Lucid is that the Taycan is sporty. I only test drove a GT and drove it like a grandpa (no offense to grandpas). Subjective question, but would you consider the lucid to be a sports car, in the same vein as the Taycan.
If Lucid make this concept car, I would consider it a sports car. now Air is just a fastest luxury sedan.

8CBC5093-D06E-4EA4-BF9F-FBCC7812C999.jpeg

That thing kills me! One more question. Do you consider the Taycan to be a sports car?
Of course. All Porsche with its trademark look are basically sports car. I have a 17 years Boxster. I am still married to it.

Have you seen the Ix in the flesh? Best interior (IMO) they've ever put out, and nicer than Lucid (which is v-nice). and a dream to drive. (I haven't shopped MB because I'm just not going that direction again.)

Of all the EVs I've "auditioned" the IX has the best combination of features and reliability for me...I only had brief studio time with Lucid's UI, but BMW's seems at least one generation ahead. Lucid's graphics aren't even comparable, and everything on the BMW boots up Instantly.

But what were they THINKING with the look of the front end? Did focus groups really love that Freddy Kreuger face?? I'd own the iX now if they'd just expressed the "kidneys" differently. It didn't even need to be elegant as so many of their old grilles were. It just didn't need to pi$$ me off every time I look at it.

Let's face it--our choice of cars is like our choice of dogs--it says something about who we are, and what we want people to think of us. There is a way to be subtle and elegant at the same time, and the cars that do (Lucid is one) will get my attention.

The iX is unsubtle and inelegant ---what a missed opportunity.

PS--I7 = Freddy Kreuger in different clothes

I tend to agree. I have a Panamera GTS, which I’m going to miss. A lot of “Porsche people” don’t consider it to be a real sports car, but I do. I’m hoping the GT will scratch the same itch, but I think I just need to recalibrate expectations.

I have a GT and maybe about 1000 miles on it. First EV owned. Honestly, zero regrets with my purchase (so far!). I didn’t really enter with any expectations other than to have a ‘car’ i.e. four-wheeled vehicle that can take me safely and comfortably from point A to B with points A and B not being on opposite ends of the earth. When I try to galaxy brain this thing (usually after hours spent avidly reading every word on this forum lol - so educational!) I sometimes can understand how I might be disappointed with this that or the other in an alternate dimension where I wasn’t me. But the minute I look at the car again, or get into it, or start driving it, it’s still just pure pleasure and I always am grateful and consider myself lucky.

Eventually, those feelings will surely fade as newer and better tech emerges, but I hope they are simply replaced with a feeling of quiet and steady satisfaction. Kind of like, yup, car is great, nothing much more to talk about, she was the very best once upon a time and I love her still.
I have to agree. I feel the same way. I have a gt with 1500 miles on it. I have so minor issues but this being my first ev I love this car. It is the best ever. It was the best money spent.

Back