Regrets

No I regrets per se, but a few things after just under a month of ownership to note:
  • I’d swear earlier pre-production cars had slightly longer steering wheel column extension. Mine is not as far as I’d like, mainly because the race car driver in me likes it ridiculously close. It won’t matter for most anyone else.
  • The A/C dash vents don’t blow as much air as you may want which will surprise you on a hot day. You can still cool the cabin down fast if you use the defrost vents with the A/C on max. It blows air over the windshield and your face more effectively than just the dash vents imho. The remote climate also works very well.
  • The app is pretty slow to wake the car. If you’re using the frunk/trunk then just carry your fob until they get it more responsive. Otherwise mobile key works great.
  • I thought I’d want the glass roof tinted (I’m very light sensitive) but after only a day I stopped caring. At this point I prefer the glass overhead - something I did not expect at all.
  • There’s still a lot of work to be done on the nav
  • The minimalist interior has grown on me to the point that after hopping in an EQS recently I was almost totally turned off by how busy it is (very surprising to me)
All that aside, I love the car and still seek out flimsy excuses to go for a drive.

My one regret is fairly odd: I wish I’d pre-ordered a Rivian sooner for my wife. At this point we’re more than ready to go all-EV and never look back, but will have to wait until late next year for hers to arrive. Gee Shucks Darn.
Hi-class problem!

No regrets at all. I also, for now, consider myself pretty lucky in that the car has been relatively problem free. I've never had a car with so much software that I honestly don't know what to compare it to in terms of a bad experience. On navigation, both of my other cars have UConnect. Lucid is definitely not that bad there. On sound, Alexa plays what I tell it to play, and while I'd love for things to pick back up where I left off, it's not causing heartburn. The build quality seems first rate as I've noticed no misalignments. Range has been fine.

Overall, I seem to have fallen in a sweet spot of having most software issues solved before getting mine while still getting a car that had decent quality control going on. I certainly sympathize with those who didn't have the same experience. And despite my strong distaste for hearing the same issues over and over again, I feel very badly for @CLTGT and @Sandvinsd for the continued run around because everyone needs to experience this car just from a drive perspective. It just makes you smile, and knowing that but not knowing when you'll get that experience has to be maddeningly frustrating.

But for me, no regrets at all except for wishing that I would have driven it more over the past two months!

:p I am beginning to think the same thing! But hey some guy in Houston got one, so we have to be close......Right?
And good things come to those who wait.....🤞
There’s quite a few in the lot outside of Lucid and at service centers. They seem to be held up at PDI which may be related to this recall/8-hour labor to fix issue.

Up until this week I would have said no regrets because the car is awesome. It drives great, the design is great, the interior is a refined modern that is superb, the materials are excellent and the ambient lighting at night is almost perfect. The software annoyances (unlocking, Tidal glitches, Alexa glitches, boot up time) are just minor and do not detract from the overall car.

However, this last week I encountered greater issues on every drive; failure to level 2 charge without multiple reboots, multiple blank screens requiring reboots. I still really like the car but I this weeks issues were more than just annoyances and are detracting from the driving experience.

There’s quite a few in the lot outside of Lucid and at service centers. They seem to be held up at PDI which may be related to this recall/8-hour labor to fix issue.
As I mentioned earlier my car was the first customer owned Dream to be inspected with no problem. Further, I was told by a Millbrae Lead Tech that all the cars awaiting delivery have been inspected and not one had any problem related to the Recall!! And there are a lot of Airs there!!

D2E367EE-9EBC-49D6-BB1D-15E753A0C87B.jpeg
I forgot one regret ( complaint) the software design that at this point does not allow you to have say music on the upper screen and nav on the lower running simultaneously ( or vice versa) the drag feature is novel but of little practicality

Up until this week I would have said no regrets because the car is awesome. It drives great, the design is great, the interior is a refined modern that is superb, the materials are excellent and the ambient lighting at night is almost perfect. The software annoyances (unlocking, Tidal glitches, Alexa glitches, boot up time) are just minor and do not detract from the overall car.

However, this last week I encountered greater issues on every drive; failure to level 2 charge without multiple reboots, multiple blank screens requiring reboots. I still really like the car but I this weeks issues were more than just annoyances and are detracting from the driving experience.
Have they come up with a fix for you yet? Luckily most car failures we've heard of are pretty minor but not being able to charge plus screen failure is up there with motor failure.

View attachment 2374I forgot one regret ( complaint) the software design that at this point does not allow you to have say music on the upper screen and nav on the lower running simultaneously ( or vice versa) the drag feature is novel but of little practicality

Yeah, I got that feeling on our 30 minute test drive, about the drag up feature. “Nice, but so what…”

I agree, a lot more utility would be very welcome.

No car is ever PERFECT, but this car is being pretty close up there. My reaction when I first learned this car online was WOW; during the production wait process, it went from wow to anxiety to concerned. After I got the car, I get euphoric feeling whenever behind the wheel, it just feel this car is so advanced and superior than every car out on the street overall.

I have put on 1460 miles, with 800 miles on Texas interstate highway between cities.

I did forget to mention and left out my frustration. While at Walmart Super Center in Denton, Texas, I couldn’t charge my AGT in that EA. I was panicking hard and texted to my Houston SC concierge reporting either Wunderbox failure or EA doesn’t recognize this car anymore and I was down to 15% SOC and 5 hours away from home and may need a tow. My man Josh is amazing! He always respond promptly with great service attention. It turned out it was just stall’s problem. I switched 4 stalls to finally get charged and relieved. So this particular station has major problem as I later learned from other YouTubers. Dallas only has 4 EA stations and are all far out from downtown. EA can improve with more stations. Again, like Lucid’s software, I’m sure more contents are coming in good faith.

Last edited:
Have they come up with a fix for you yet? Luckily most car failures we've heard of are pretty minor but not being able to charge plus screen failure is up there with motor failure.
Right now it has been sent to the engineering teams for review. If it happens again or engineering determines there is a hardware issue then it will go in for service. I need to drive more but I have been working from home the last few days and no chance to drive. I have no concern that it will be corrected. Service has been outstanding.

No car is ever PERFECT, but this car is being pretty close up there. My reaction when I first learned this car online was WOW; during the production wait process, it went from wow to anxiety to concerned. After I got the car, I get euphoric feeling whenever behind the wheel, it just feel this car is so advanced and superior than every car out on the street overall.

I have put on 1460 miles, with 800 miles on Texas interstate highway between cities.

I did forget to mention and left out my frustration. While at Walmart Super Center in Denton, Texas, I couldn’t charge my AGT in that EA. I was panicking hard and texted to my Houston SC concierge reporting either Wunderbox failure or EA doesn’t recognize this car anymore and I was down to 15% SOC and 5 hours away from home and may need a tow. My man Josh is amazing! He always respond promptly with great service attention. It turned out it was just stall’s problem. I switched 4 stalls to finally get charged and relieved. So this particular station has major problem as I later learned from other YouTubers. Dallas only has 4 EA stations and are all far out from downtown. EA can improve with more stations. Again, like Lucid’s software, I’m sure more contents are coming in good faith.
Get the PlugShare app. Users on there are great about reporting a failed plug/station, and anytime I’m gonna be away from home and might need a charge I check PlugShare first to make sure I don’t need to find an alternate charger. On my upstate NY road trip the one EA charger I wanted to use, a driver the day before reported it wasn’t working so I messaged him to see what the issue was and he found out it was a problem with his car and not the charger, so I went and used it just fine the next day without issue.

my thoughts on Model S and Porsche are exactly the same!!
You nailed it ... Plaid sitting in the garage waiting for an aftermarket steering wheel. Willing to wait another four months or it gets listed. We would have kept our 2 year old Taycan 4S had Lucid not issued their latest SW version. To it's credit the Taycan matched the 3.3 m/kWh we are getting with the Lucid but can't match the Lucid range mostly due to the difference in battery size?.

Get the PlugShare app. Users on there are great about reporting a failed plug/station, and anytime I’m gonna be away from home and might need a charge I check PlugShare first to make sure I don’t need to find an alternate charger. On my upstate NY road trip the one EA charger I wanted to use, a driver the day before reported it wasn’t working so I messaged him to see what the issue was and he found out it was a problem with his car and not the charger, so I went and used it just fine the next day without issue.
Useful app. TY I didn’t even know so many charging stations existed. Really an eyes opener.

I've had the car for a couple months, driven it around 2500 miles. I have zero regrets. I absolutely love this car. It's comfortable, it's quiet, insanely fun to drive, handles really well and feels much smaller than it is. And it is stunning too. I can now drive on roads I used to avoid as I no longer feel like my car is going to fall apart. This car triples the enjoyment I've had from other EVS (it's my 3rd). I go out of my way to take longer drives and plan short trips that I never would have before.

The majority of small software glitches and issues people complain about here, I've been living with for years in my Model S - most on a daily basis. That ridiculous car still doesn't recognize my keys 50% of the time, even while I am in the middle of driving. The Lucid is far and away a much better car and I don't have any software issues with it. Would I like to be able to split the screen, yes, but it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the car one bit. I've had a couple hardware issues and their customer service teams are wonderful. I know it's early days and there aren't many of us, but they actually know us and our cars. When they fix an issue, if it comes up again they come back to it from a different angle and keep at it until they get it right. Something I have definitely not seen from Tesla's CS - even back before the X was introduced and service was still good.

I am pretty sure I am going to get a lot of heat from other members on this forum, but here is my question for the people who already have their Lucid vehicles and have spent some time living with them.
Do you have any regrets about buying the Lucid? What regrets do you have? If you love the vehicle in general, what do you wish was better?
What do you absolutely love about your vehicle?
I have been driving an Air Dream edition for 2 months now, and have about 3,500 miles. I have so many regrets. This is by far the worst new car experience I have had in my 40+ years of driving. White trim and white carpet in the Eureka Gold color, as recommended by the manufacturer. What a terrible concept. I am a clean freak, yet the carpets and liners are all stained and can't be cleaned (why not put Scotch Guard on the white carpet... maybe people would like to be able to have their car look clean?). Slow loading poorly set up software, non-stop glitches, slow hardware (yes, I do not believe the 45 seconds it takes to load the surround camera will be fixed with an OTA update, this appears to be a slow processor issue, as all of the software processing appears very sluggish). I also feel this car is dangerous, as you need so many interruptions to use the features. Reaching over to push the Navigation button after I get a text message that now hides the navigation screen, the reflective bar for the temperature adjustment that blinds me when the sun hits it. Never were able to get the promised 504 miles on a full charge, the most I ever got was 477 miles, ... I could go on and on. So disappointed. This car is not ready for sale to the public. I feel I am beta testing a nice-looking electric car with tons of glitches. Not impressed for $180K.

iX interior is absolutely first rate IMO. The side profile is a little clumsy to me, and the grill....i'll stop. It drives beautifully and tho it's rated 0--60 in 4.5 (?) it seemed just as fast as my Cayenne S or faster
The IX 50i is the car I have been cross shopping against the Lucid Air Pure. Obviously I haven't driven the Pure yet but I have driven a GT in Smooth mode to emulate a Pure and a brief IX test drive (longer drive to follow).

To me it is the trade off of convenience (BMW dealership is only a couple of miles away and they always have a BMW loaner for me), less storage limitations (an SUV vs, sedan) and a mature sosftware platform vs. better range, better handling, copious frunk. The Lucid is also reasonably convenient to me with the Design Studio being about 9 miles away and the service center about 12.

Two excellent BEVs. At this time I am leaning toward the Lucid Air. It simply drives so well!

I've had the car for a couple months, driven it around 2500 miles. I have zero regrets. I absolutely love this car. It's comfortable, it's quiet, insanely fun to drive, handles really well and feels much smaller than it is. And it is stunning too. I can now drive on roads I used to avoid as I no longer feel like my car is going to fall apart. This car triples the enjoyment I've had from other EVS (it's my 3rd). I go out of my way to take longer drives and plan short trips that I never would have before.

The majority of small software glitches and issues people complain about here, I've been living with for years in my Model S - most on a daily basis. That ridiculous car still doesn't recognize my keys 50% of the time, even while I am in the middle of driving. The Lucid is far and away a much better car and I don't have any software issues with it. Would I like to be able to split the screen, yes, but it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the car one bit. I've had a couple hardware issues and their customer service teams are wonderful. I know it's early days and there aren't many of us, but they actually know us and our cars. When they fix an issue, if it comes up again they come back to it from a different angle and keep at it until they get it right. Something I have definitely not seen from Tesla's CS - even back before the X was introduced and service was still good.

Regarding your S Plaid not recognising that your fob is not even inside your car - I’ll step out on a limb and wager an appointment with Tesla Mobile Service will fix that in seconds. I had the same problem with our Model X. It took longer for me to write up the problem on the Tesla mobile app than it did for the technician to reset the car and fix it.

In the early days of our Tesla ownership experience, I would bring a big box of pastries and cakes to our service centre. Back then, I knew the service advisors by name, and many knew mine. There was such a feeling of collegiality. The handful of minor, niggling build quality control problems that came with all three of our Teslas were all addressed quickly and correctly, and under warranty. User Interface functions have all improved over time. Our Teslas really are better cars now than they were when we first got them.

Post-Model 3 era, service is still very friendly and mostly helpful, but very troublesome to arrange. Being forced to use the app to set up a service appointment adds to the impersonal feel of the service experience. I long ago stopped “bringing cookies“.

The disappointing service experience, and EEEEHHHHLOHHHHN‘s lock hold on Tesla’s quirky cabin design imperatives, are two reasons I’m leaving Tesla behind.

I’ll miss my FREE UNLIMITED SUPERCHARGING “for life”, though.

Hmm- I have a refresh Model S and have never had any Key issues. Maybe that happened on older Model S, but definitely not on my refresh.

Regarding your S Plaid not recognising that your fob is not even inside your car - I’ll step out on a limb and wager an appointment with Tesla Mobile Service will fix that in seconds. I had the same problem with our Model X. It took longer for me to write up the problem on the Tesla mobile app than it did for the technician to reset the car and fix it.

In the early days of our Tesla ownership experience, I would bring a big box of pastries and cakes to our service centre. Back then, I knew the service advisors by name, and many knew mine. There was such a feeling of collegiality. The handful of minor, niggling build quality control problems that came with all three of our Teslas were all addressed quickly and correctly, and under warranty. User Interface functions have all improved over time. Our Teslas really are better cars now than they were when we first got them.

Post-Model 3 era, service is still very friendly and mostly helpful, but very troublesome to arrange. Being forced to use the app to set up a service appointment adds to the impersonal feel of the service experience. I long ago stopped “bringing cookies“.

The disappointing service experience, and EEEEHHHHLOHHHHN‘s lock hold on Tesla’s quirky cabin design imperatives, are two reasons I’m leaving Tesla behind.

I’ll miss my FREE UNLIMITED SUPERCHARGING “for life”, though.
I hope you weren't injured by that limb too badly. Do you really think I lived with this issue for 6 years and never tried to get them to fix it?! They replaced my keys multiple times and attempted to fix it in the beginning. After awhile they simply didn't care and said there was nothing they could do. Service used to be pretty decent. The past few years, the car actually comes out of service with at least one new problem and the reason it went in is not always addressed. Last time they even lied about replacing something that was clearly not replaced and simply ignored my repeated messages about it.

Back