Range question

So what is everyone getting for average range? In one week mine is overall 3.8 mi/kwh over 410 miles. I did do a bit of fast driving today, but still got home averaging 4.1, so I'm guessing the lower number is from loss overnight. I have noticed battery drain is quite noticeable some days. I do keep forgetting to lock the car and my keys hang less than 10 feet away, so I wonder if drains while unlocked. I thought the car automatically locked, like a Tesla, but mine seems to only do that sometimes.
I would definitely move the key away. Car will stay "awake" because the key is in proximity. I also bet that when you are asleep the car is locking and unlocking lol

So what is everyone getting for average range? In one week mine is overall 3.8 mi/kwh over 410 miles. I did do a bit of fast driving today, but still got home averaging 4.1, so I'm guessing the lower number is from loss overnight. I have noticed battery drain is quite noticeable some days. I do keep forgetting to lock the car and my keys hang less than 10 feet away, so I wonder if drains while unlocked. I thought the car automatically locked, like a Tesla, but mine seems to only do that sometimes.

It does automatically lock, but your keys are too close by for it to do so.

I have averaged about 3.8-3.9 when trying, but my overall average is like 2.0 because over 4000 mi I apparently enjoy going fast 😂

DEP 3.3 Average over 3,100 mikes. I have seen as high as 3.8 but have not crossed over to the 4's.

So my CS guy told me to keep the key fob 20 feet from the car. Then he changed it to 30. The door locks are already temperamental and they think the car gets confused with it too close. When I say confused, I mean waking up when you’re not around.

So my CS guy told me to keep the key fob 20 feet from the car. Then he changed it to 30. The door locks are already temperamental and they think the car gets confused with it too close. When I say confused, I mean waking up when you’re not around.
Get a Faraday pouch or box for storing the keys.

I'm curious if anyone knows the exact details of how this proximity detection works? If there is a way to detect the fob/phone getting closer/farther (in theory that is definitely possible), that would avoid this lock/unlock issue with the fob hanging around somewhere next to your garage.

I'm curious if anyone knows the exact details of how this proximity detection works? If there is a way to detect the fob/phone getting closer/farther (in theory that is definitely possible), that would avoid this lock/unlock issue with the fob hanging around somewhere next to your garage.
Faraday pouch. The keys are emitting a radio signal. if the car senses that signal, it will wake up. Storing the Fob in a pouch or box will block that signal and the car won’t “see” the fob.

Faraday pouch. The keys are emitting a radio signal. if the car senses that signal, it will wake up. Storing the Fob in a pouch or box will block that signal and the car won’t “see” the fob.
I agree that is one solution for the customer. For Lucid, is it possible to detect they fob getting farther/closer (or stationary)? That can be used for a very reliable way to lock/unlock. I'm speculating of course and do not know the exact details of the hardware that does the proximity detection.

Unfortunately, it actually didn’t benefit my door handle issues.

i’ve been keeping an eye on battery drain and it seems pretty good, i keep the car locked (well, it does it automatically) and it seems to go to sleep very quickly, i dont leave the fob or phone near the car, and i wake the car with the app frequently just for fun… seems to lose less than 1% per day, maybe 2% over 3 days, i havent gotten technical or really measured it per se, but it seems like when it goes to sleep it holds charge really well

i’ve been keeping an eye on battery drain and it seems pretty good, i keep the car locked (well, it does it automatically) and it seems to go to sleep very quickly, i dont leave the fob or phone near the car, and i wake the car with the app frequently just for fun… seems to lose less than 1% per day, maybe 2% over 3 days, i havent gotten technical or really measured it per se, but it seems like when it goes to sleep it holds charge really well
Yea I've noticed when I didn't touch the car or open the app for a few days I lost like 2 miles of range over 3 days. Drain is super low if you really do nothing to the car. It's also garaged in SoCal so no crazy temp swings to need cooling either.

It was suggested they are using Bluetooth for the fobs. If its BLE, I probably should get a faraday cage as well, or just use an old unplugged microwave, LOL

It was suggested they are using Bluetooth for the fobs. If its BLE, I probably should get a faraday cage as well, or just use an old unplugged microwave, LOL
It is BLE but the fob likely has a motion sensor in it that turns it off to save power when no motion is detected.

Wow!! I haven't run my car down that low. I did charge on a 350 in Paso Robles but the car was over 50% when I started and only saw about 230kw max. Did you pre-condition before charging and if so for how long?

Newb question alert (sorry to hi-jack).

How do you pre-condition a battery in a Lucid?

Newb question alert (sorry to hi-jack).

How do you pre-condition a battery in a Lucid?
On the pilot panel, push the charging button, and then push the pre condition button

On the pilot panel, push the charging button, and then push the pre condition button
Can this be done in the app or you need to go into the car, do this, leave the car and then come back when you are ready to drive?

Can this be done in the app or you need to go into the car, do this, leave the car and then come back when you are ready to drive?
It's only in the car right now. But you only need to do this for charging right? It takes about 20 minutes

I typically do it while I'm driving on my way to a charging station.

It's only in the car right now. But you only need to do this for charging right? It takes about 20 minutes

More specifically before you go to a DC fast charging station; for home charging there’s no need to precondition.

More specifically before you go to a DC fast charging station; for home charging there’s no need to precondition.

Has Lucid software gotten to the point if you navigate to a DC fast charger it automatically initiates pre-condition? If our plans stay in effect I'll need to do this multiple times.

Back