Quantum Grey Matte PPF

To each its own but I dont like that silver top. I wish it was the same color as the body. It always reminds me of those dual color boat looking Cadillacs.
went red because it looks fantastic, with contrasting Tahoe ... then decided the car would attract unwanted attention
switched to gray, but kinda bothered by the contrasting roofline as well
switched to silver. since nobody has ever seen the silver I had to guess how closely it blends in with the roofline. I was hoping it would be close to seamless. will let you know

went red because it looks fantastic, with contrasting Tahoe ... then decided the car would attract unwanted attention
switched to gray, but kinda bothered by the contrasting roofline as well
switched to silver. since nobody has ever seen the silver I had to guess how closely it blends in with the roofline. I was hoping it would be close to seamless. will let you know
My understanding is it should be entirely seamless.

Just had another look at the photos. Goodness sakes that is amazing. I think I'm going to try it too. Lithium metal is not glossy.

Lithium metal matte.jpg

It would be cool as heck to visit my former collegues who worked in the Li foil pilot plant in Exton. A car made of lithium that doesn't burst into flame and explode on a humid day.

I don't think it works on the silver.....on the gray it is fantastic. It's hard to know because Neurio took GREAT pics in natural light.
matte BMW.jpg

Satin has a slight shiny coat to it while flat matte is dead with no hint of shininess.

My car is definitely a satin matte. With the wrong washing product, it can definitely get a shine, so I've had to be careful what I have bought to keep the low sheen.

Still very happy with how my car turned out and the Lucid execs, Peter included, seemed to really like it too at the event in Santa Barbara a couple weekends ago.

Got mine last Friday and back from Automotive Excellence in Andover MA today! I opted for the xpel stealth on the quantum grey body and ultimate plus black on the pillars/roof. I didn't want to get the stealth package because I like these wheels better, and a little bit of chrome, but the chrome on the roof was too much.

No, just the side and rear windows. Waiting to see if I'll want/need the windshield and moon roof as I didn't want to spend the money if it wasn't needed. I used Llumar Stratos and their 70% is a blue hue, so I'd likely use someone else if I need the windshield done.
You did not like stratos?

You did not like stratos?
I like the Stratos just fine. It seems to have worked well for me so far. My issue was the 70% Stratos, which has a blueish hue to it, whereas all the darker tints were a grayish hue. If I ever tint my windshield, I'm going with a different brand because of the blue hue.

I like the Stratos just fine. It seems to have worked well for me so far. My issue was the 70% Stratos, which has a blueish hue to it, whereas all the darker tints were a grayish hue. If I ever tint my windshield, I'm going with a different brand because of the blue hue.
Is stratos 50 fine ? On winshield ?

Is stratos 50 fine ? On winshield ?
It's technically illegal in California to have any tint on the windshield, so I was looking at going as light as possible. My local shop was going to charge by the hour, so I held off on tinting the windshield. I don't think 50% would make it too dark, but I can't say for sure.

It's technically illegal in California to have any tint on the windshield, so I was looking at going as light as possible. My local shop was going to charge by the hour, so I held off on tinting the windshield. I don't think 50% would make it too dark, but I can't say for sure.
I used 70% on the windshield and it’s barely noticeable. I wouldn’t do 50%.

Can out of stater like me an AZ person get pullled over for tinted in CA?
Is this a serious question? Can you get pulled over anywhere for breaking the law or do those laws only apply to people who live in the state?

Is this a serious question? Can you get pulled over anywhere for breaking the law or do those laws only apply to people who live in the state?
Well like in AZ nobody ever gets pulled over for tinted windshields 70% is like the norm here but we go on trips quarterly so to California so just wondering how it works. Like our sun here is nuts eveyone needs dark tint.

Well like in AZ nobody ever gets pulled over for tinted windshields 70% is like the norm here but we go on trips quarterly so to California so just wondering how it works. Like our sun here is nuts eveyone needs dark tint.
The short answer is yes, you can be pulled over by state vehicles or law enforcement for window tint violations that go against state tint laws.

If your motor vehicle registration and tag is from a state location where the tint law code is in compliance with and allows for the level of light filtration you’ve selected, it can’t hurt to keep a copy of that documentation in your glove box. This way, if an officer is proposing a citation, you can explain that in your primary state of residence (and where you most commonly use the vehicle) it is in fact lawful. This shows that you have attempted to educate yourself on the VLT laws, and are approaching with reasonable consideration. It also can’t hurt to mention that you’re just passing through, as opposed to regularly driving the vehicle on routine business back and forth through their state.

The short answer is yes, you can be pulled over by state vehicles or law enforcement for window tint violations that go against state tint laws.

If your motor vehicle registration and tag is from a state location where the tint law code is in compliance with and allows for the level of light filtration you’ve selected, it can’t hurt to keep a copy of that documentation in your glove box. This way, if an officer is proposing a citation, you can explain that in your primary state of residence (and where you most commonly use the vehicle) it is in fact lawful. This shows that you have attempted to educate yourself on the VLT laws, and are approaching with reasonable consideration. It also can’t hurt to mention that you’re just passing through, as opposed to regularly driving the vehicle on routine business back and forth through their state.
Great ideas !!

Back