QM fuse question

Mark Fielding

Cars
Lucid air
Fuse Location / car will not charge, can any one tell me where the QM fuse is located? the car will not charge anymore, i was told it is the QM fuse?

Who said it was the QM fuse? Never heard of it. It won’t L2 charge or won’t DC fast charge or won’t charge at all? Service should either be paying you a mobile visit or taking the car and giving you a loaner if it’s not charging.

Hello, I have a copy of the report from Lucid and this was the part that was replaced last time and we now have the same issue, see the attached report

Attachments

• Lucid.jpg
    Lucid.jpg
    630.7 KB · Views: 140
Hello, I have a copy of the report from Lucid and this was the part that was replaced last time and we now have the same issue, see the attached report
Wow, sounds like your car was really abused during its trip to China. Definitely take it to service.

GEEZUS. Whoever shipped your car really messed with a lot of things they should not have touched.

I would love to have some context for this. Why was the car shipped to China? Did you know that the shipper was going to make those modifications to the car?

Note to self:
Do not take My Lucid to China. Wonder how much it cost to ship to China. Was it shipped by Air or by Sea?

Holy crap! Wow I cannot imagine Lucid tech’s reactions when examining and trouble shooting your car. They literally cut the fireman emergency cable killing the battery and both 12V? I’m just astounded any shipper would employ such tactics, like do they drain the entire fuel system for any ICE car they ship? Obviously this isn’t going to be a warranty claim, the shipper’s insurance is going to have to cover it.

That is one crazy report. Nobody should be cutting your fireman’s loop except in an emergency and nobody should be stripping and twisting those wires!

Hi all thank you for all the comments, i am still trying to sort this out, I do not want to ship the car back to Lucid as the cost is Crazy, Looks like i need to remove the HV Battery to replace the Fuse etc, dose anyone know how i can get the Diagnostics tools so i can clear the codes, and can anyone help with the purchase of the QM fuse. I am still not sure how this all happened, any help with this will be most would be most welcome.

Wow man, sorry for your situation. I don’t understand it though, as nobody can remove the HV battery aside from Lucid, it’s not a 3rd party local repair shop thing at this point, so how can you do that if you don’t ship the car back to Lucid? I know it’s expensive but the shipping company who is responsible for these damages literally broke your car so isn’t it their responsibility to trasnport it to Lucid to fix what was broken? You didn’t do these things so obviously you’re not liable, they are. That’s why they have insurance. I’d be shocked if in their rules they said to ship an EV they must cut the emergency fireman’s cable

According to the report you posted, It looks like a lot more was replaced/repaired than just a fuse. Also, if a fuse blows, it means something is very wrong. Fuses are VERY RARELY faulty. A fuse blowing means there is some other problem, and the fuse blew to protect the car and wiring from catching fire. It really needs to be looked at by Lucid service.

Cina version of Sandy Moreno was trying to reverse engineer the car??

Hi all thank you for all the comments, i am still trying to sort this out, I do not want to ship the car back to Lucid as the cost is Crazy, Looks like i need to remove the HV Battery to replace the Fuse etc, dose anyone know how i can get the Diagnostics tools so i can clear the codes, and can anyone help with the purchase of the QM fuse. I am still not sure how this all happened, any help with this will be most would be most welcome.
The HV battery is sealed.

I wonder if the Chinese tried to reverse engineer this puppy.
I’m wondering the same. There’s something not adding up here. @Mark Fielding my only question is how are you going about replacing the QM fuse and sorting out diagnostic codes without the car being at Lucid service? I don’t understand that part. If a shipper incomprehensibly forcibly pried open your frunk and cut the HV battery cable then their insurance would be liable for damaging the vehicle (unless they claim they did it because the vehicle was on fire) and cover costs to repair including transport.

Hi and thank you for all the replies, so just to let every one know, the car was sold to a client, and the shipping situation is still been investigated. With regards to removing the HV Battery this is not a difficult Job and we have done many in our shop here in the UK, as long as you are fully EV trained and have the correct equipment it is easy. the only issue we have is we do not have the part for repair on the Lucid and the diagnostic tool to clear the codes down for this Car. also just to note no the car is not been used for any revers engineering .

This is an interesting unique situation. I guess as long as the client is ok with their warranty being void on the new HV battery/Wunderbox (I think you have to replace both?) and your shop is providing warranty of the work then it’s doable. I’d never heard of the QM fuse before your post. My mind is still blown as to what was done to the car in the first place and why. At least I don’t see any international shipping of the vehicle in my future!

Back