Pure Delivery Timeline and RWD Update

Michael C

Cars
22 Model Y P & 21 Model 3
I received an email about Pure delivery update and RWD version info.

Pure delivery date-
079B5352-9E7B-49CE-B4B3-7B3AB9DB3C6E.jpeg

RWD info-
D068C366-2F15-4819-94ED-F6305FA56E2E.jpeg

It’s a-coming!

Wait.. the rwd isnt even that bad then. Also if anybody is wondering why the range is less than awd thats because in awd you can only use the more efficient front motor sometimes. I think the model s used to be like this in like 2015.
4.4 is good!

Wait.. the rwd isnt even that bad then. Also if anybody is wondering why the range is less than awd thats because in awd you can only use the more efficient front motor sometimes. I think the model s used to be like this in like 2015.
4.4 is good!
Do you have a reference that Lucid deactivates a motor? I'm fairly certain they're both always on and that the range is software limited between Touring, Pure AWD and Pure RWD.

Do you have a reference that Lucid deactivates a motor? I'm fairly certain they're both always on and that the range is software limited between Touring, Pure AWD and Pure RWD.
I dont have a reference, but I cant imagine any reason the RWD would have less range other than this. Its lighter, and 1 less motor. It could be software though.

Finally. Glad they are giving people specs. I always figured the RWD would not be that much lower in power compared to the AWD. 430 is very respectable.

But good to see them put that on paper.

So maybe don't sound so sure when posting or you could start spreading disinformation. Always hedge your bets if you don't know and say so...
Will keep in mind. I remember somebody else on the forum said the old model s could disconnect front motor and pure could be like that. So I just assumed. My apologies.

Finally. Glad they are giving people specs. I always figured the RWD would not be that much lower in power compared to the AWD. 430 is very respectable.

But good to see them put that on paper.
My apologies if I sound like a uninformed idiot, but does that mean the front motor in awd is 50 hp?

My experience has been that when an EV is available in both AWD & RWD configurations, the RWD tends to beat the EPA estimates. So I'm betting, driven under the same conditions, the RWD will do better than the AWD. I've experienced this with my RWD i4 as well as my 2017 RWD MS. I've also read similar experiences with Hyundai & Kia RWD EVs. Do I know for sure that will be the case with the Lucid, nope, but we shall see.

I also tend to prefer the more traditional handling of RWD EVs. People tend to extrapolate their experience with RWD ICE cars to RWD EVs. They're two different animals. Traction with RWD EVs is far better than a comparable RWD ICE vehicles. With a low center of gravity thanks to the very heavy low slung battery, it's just a different animal. Now that's not to say I wouldn't choose AWD if I lived in a very snowy region and it was my only car. Living in NY, where we may break the record for no measurable snow this winter, it's not the case.

I drove both the AWD & RWD i4, back to back, at a BMW track event that was set up for those that were looking for test drives, and I preferred the feel of the RWD. Speaking with the BMW representatives that were present at that event, all but one preferred the RWD too.

My experience has been that when an EV is available in both AWD & RWD configurations, the RWD tends to beat the EPA estimates. So I'm betting, driven under the same conditions, the RWD will do better than the AWD. I've experienced this with my RWD i4 as well as my 2017 RWD MS. I've also read similar experiences with Hyundai & Kia RWD EVs. We shall see.

I also tend to prefer the more traditional handling of RWD EVs. People tend to extrapolate their experience with RWD ICE cars to RWD EVs. They're two different animals. Traction with RWD EVs is far better than a comparable RWD ICE vehicles. With a low center of gravity thanks to the very heavy low slung battery, it's just a different animal. Now that's not to say I wouldn't choose AWD if I lived in a very snowy region and it was my only car. Living in NY, where we may break the record for no measurable snow this winter, it's not the case.

I drove both the AWD & RWD i4, back to back, at a BMW track event that was set up for those that were looking for test drives, and I preferred the feel of the RWD. Speaking with the BMW representatives that were present at that event, all but one preferred the RWD too.
Im in NJ, usually snowy and it has not snowed at ALL! And rwd handling is def better. Trade off is straight line vs cornering, and I would take the cornering

Got my invitation to finalize my pure order. I'm trying to decide if I should get dreamdrive pro. any idea? I'm not sure what highway assist does, I currently have adaptive cruise control and love it. Why should i get highway assist?

Got my invitation to finalize my pure order. I'm trying to decide if I should get dreamdrive pro. any idea? I'm not sure what highway assist does, I currently have adaptive cruise control and love it. Why should i get highway assist?
Are they equipping the Pures with the necessary hardware for DD Pro and giving you a time period to decide? That might help you decide.

Im in NJ, usually snowy and it has not snowed at ALL! And rwd handling is def better. Trade off is straight line vs cornering, and I would take the cornering
I'm one state over in PA and this has been one of the mildest winters in recent memory. It's snowed twice but no more than 3 inches each time and melted within hours. I haven't had to use my snowblower for the 2nd straight winter. No complaints here tho. It was 62 here yesterday and pushing 60 today.

Hm, I haven't gotten an email to finalize the order, but when it showed a "Finalize Design" when I logged in.
1676048353486.png

And everything shows up at legacy price (based on my reservation date).

4.4 is good!
Lucid motors are permanent induction motors...which means they are always on.

I am opting for AWD (for Pure). I hope Lucid would release “acceleration boost” option (like Tesla did for certain models). It’s probably unlikely, since Pure AWD does 0-60 in 3.8 seconds, and Touring in 3.4 seconds…

New RWD specs
8FC3B6D0-6C13-49A4-9CF1-28DD029E71C1.jpeg

Back