Air Pure AWD...No More Coming in 2024

Perhaps they could do that since it's Pure AWD will no longer be produced so it's not going to encroach on Touring sales. But I wonder if there's legal stuff involving car modifications because even though there's no hardware change, it will be a ~40% hp increase.
I don't think there could be any legal ramifications. Look at Tesla Acceleration Boost for Model 3 Long Range model. If they can do it why Lucid can't? I know the HP increase is not the same as with tesla. I think we are talking closer to 30% rather than 40%.

I would have just gotten rid of Pure RWD and stuck with Touring and Grand Touring. I think RWD is a limited market compared with the AWD sedan market, but then I live in a colder climate. Would have started the Touring around $80k. Love they have option choices now.

I would have just gotten rid of Pure RWD and stuck with Touring and Grand Touring. I think RWD is a limited market compared with the AWD sedan market, but then I live in a colder climate. Would have started the Touring around $80k. Love they have option choices now.
I have a feeling that would piss off Pure AWD owners considering that a Touring is cheaper and better than their old pure.

I have a feeling that would piss off Pure AWD owners considering that a Touring is cheaper and better than their old pure.
Maybe, but that is progress - right? Same can be said for all the recent price reductions based on original pricing in 2022 and even earlier this year that affect people that purchased those cars. They are new company, so they are trying to find the right balance, which makes perfect sense.

Really curious on what might change on the GT. Range is already better for 2024 and curious what else.

Maybe, but that is progress - right? Same can be said for all the recent price reductions based on original pricing in 2022 and even earlier this year that affect people that purchased those cars. They are new company, so they are trying to find the right balance, which makes perfect sense.

Really curious on what might change on the GT. Range is already better for 2024 and curious what else.

Where did you see better range for 2024? I'm not really seeing any "improvements" to the lucid air for 2024 in general, just break out of options.

I had been researching EV's for a couple of years knowing we would have to replace our Buick Enclave road-horse and wanting to get into the EV market. Phase 1 - installed the PV panels on the roof- Phase 2 bought a Mini Cooper SE electric mini this summer (it is fabulous) to put our toes into the arena and figure out charging and stuff. Phase 3 - we were lucky enough to land a Lucid Air Pure just a few weeks ago. In between were multiple deposits of much money to many different manufacturers- all of which I got back except some from Henrik Fisker which I do not want to discuss. The simplicity of the purchase at Lucid (we are lucky to be close to one of their main hubs in Virginia) and only a few options to select was great. Never would have been able to get into a Lucid without the sales prices. Needed the AWD for our occasional bad weather here in Northern Virginia and wanted the better 21 speaker studio. Got both and everything else we need/want at a great price. Fabulous car.

Congrats! It is a great car. I have 28k miles on mine over the last 1-1/2 years. I still love it as much as the day I got it.

I apologize if this is a wrong thread. I'm looking to become a Lucid owner, and browsing different sales here (on Marketplace) or auction sites. Right now, there is an auction on BAT for 2023 Lucid Air Pure, just under 200 miles on the car. Realistically, how much it worth? I see that I can order or lease a new (or 2023) Air Pure for $73K. MSRP of the car for auction for $105K. Looking at recent sales, it seems the price paid is about 58% of what it was. Is it a good upper point?

Thanks!

I apologize if this is a wrong thread. I'm looking to become a Lucid owner, and browsing different sales here (on Marketplace) or auction sites. Right now, there is an auction on BAT for 2023 Lucid Air Pure, just under 200 miles on the car. Realistically, how much it worth? I see that I can order or lease a new (or 2023) Air Pure for $73K. MSRP of the car for auction for $105K. Looking at recent sales, it seems the price paid is about 58% of what it was. Is it a good upper point?

Thanks!
Link? If it's a fully loaded AWD, then I'd say anything around 60 or under is a steal

Thank you. For some reason I thought it should be much less than 60 - 50 or so.
Generally lower trim models will have less depreciation than higher spec trims. Just because GTs are going for 60% of msrp after one year doesn't mean that a Pure will too.

A few tourings that i've seen sold for ~$10k less than GTs (low 70s). I think low 60s is probably around the range for a preowned Pure.

Generally lower trim models will have less depreciation than higher spec trims. Just because GTs are going for 60% of msrp after one year doesn't mean that a Pure will too.

A few tourings that i've seen sold for ~$10k less than GTs (low 70s). I think low 60s is probably around the range for a preowned Pure.
@noobzilla sold his pure for 63500, for reference. This did have an autograph by Rawlinson though, if that was a factor?

It's essentially a new car that can't be sold as new due to a technicality, which is that it's been registered. If you had bought one new a few weeks ago, you would have gotten one just like it for the normal selling price, and you'd probably have more miles on it by now anyway. New cars show 100 miles on the paperwork, so it has virtually no use compared to what the original paperwork will show.

You aren't losing much getting it used. You lose out on any promotional interest rates that Lucid might offer. You don't get your choice of colors or options. The difference between a 2023 and 2024 is a character in the VIN.

You won't get, in theory, any free charging at EA, since it doesn't transfer. But you wouldn't get that if you buy a new one unless you had a reservation for one. And people who have bought them used have reported that Lucid didn't remove the free charging after the ownership transfer, so it's possible to have something better than new, if it was sold with free charging for a given time period. But that's not a guarantee.

What it's worth is what it's worth to you. I got a new car, but found a used one before I decided. I made a spreadsheet with all the factors, including difference in finance costs, depreciation (no actual depreciation based on mileage but you'd lose value when you sell it based on model year alone), features (since I could have independently had Lucid change some things after the fact) and ultimately decided that I wanted to go for the exact car I wanted with the exact options in the exact color. For $10k I could have gotten a top quality rap, which I also figured into the calculations. Others might have felt that a different color was not an issue. So it comes down to what matters to you.

It's essentially a new car that can't be sold as new due to a technicality, which is that it's been registered. If you had bought one new a few weeks ago, you would have gotten one just like it for the normal selling price, and you'd probably have more miles on it by now anyway. New cars show 100 miles on the paperwork, so it has virtually no use compared to what the original paperwork will show.

You aren't losing much getting it used. You lose out on any promotional interest rates that Lucid might offer. You don't get your choice of colors or options. The difference between a 2023 and 2024 is a character in the VIN.

You won't get, in theory, any free charging at EA, since it doesn't transfer. But you wouldn't get that if you buy a new one unless you had a reservation for one. And people who have bought them used have reported that Lucid didn't remove the free charging after the ownership transfer, so it's possible to have something better than new, if it was sold with free charging for a given time period. But that's not a guarantee.

What it's worth is what it's worth to you. I got a new car, but found a used one before I decided. I made a spreadsheet with all the factors, including difference in finance costs, depreciation (no actual depreciation based on mileage but you'd lose value when you sell it based on model year alone), features (since I could have independently had Lucid change some things after the fact) and ultimately decided that I wanted to go for the exact car I wanted with the exact options in the exact color. For $10k I could have gotten a top quality rap, which I also figured into the calculations. Others might have felt that a different color was not an issue. So it comes down to what matters to you.
Thanks for explanation! I really like the car, but my wife is not sold yet.

Back