Air Pure AWD...No More Coming in 2024

Every model is already available, which one are you planning on getting?
Hmm - what does that have to do with my comment and future order state that was being discussed of Lucid above? We were talking about future state.

I have a deposit on a GT if you must know. And which model do you own? 🙂

I assume this will help them differentiate between models and makes base model RWD only.. Makes sense now that prices are lower for Touring and Grand Touring... It also explains why they are still pushing these particular cars as 2023 models.. If Lucid ever really got traction this would make Pure AWD a somewhat rare version. Otherwise nobody will care.

In my case, I had been told that they wouldn't be making GTs for the rest of 2023 and that was more than three months ago. I was told that mine would be a 2024. They said that they were going to make the Pure for a while and start back up with other configurations after a run of them.

As for prices, the drops aren't as big as people think. Right before they dropped the prices for the GT, they had a 0.99% promotional interest rate. Then when I got the email about the new prices, I did some calculations at the new 4.99% rate, and the new prices still had a lower total cost, but not by much. I don't think that it was even $2000. When I looked at capital gains if I sold stock to pay cash, the 4.99% was very slightly more expensive, but paid over time while my stocks most likely will grow far more than the small difference.

The bigger thing that actually saved me money was getting Dream Drive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro if I got a car from inventory, and that about three months after them not having my configuration, one turned up in the middle of the country from a sale that fell through. So all things considered, I got it, but I'll also have the depreciation hit compared to a 2024 that might differ only by a VIN character indicating the year. But I got the car sooner, and I might keep it long enough that residual value won't matter to me.

I have no idea what the prices will be when 2024 comes around, but it will likely be more than for inventory cars.

Hmm - what does that have to do with my comment and future order state that was being discussed of Lucid above? We were talking about future state.

She has a GT. Also, in previous posts, you say you reserved a touring.. which one is it?

• Hmm
Reactions: DBV
I hope they don’t start doing that. Keep it simple with very few options. Much easier for the consumer that way. That is definitely something Tesla does well. Won’t buy it if they make it like Porsche
I actually like options. It’s nice to be able to personalize the car. I don’t find it difficult at all to sit at my computer and choose.

I thought all reservations/orders were being finalized now since they have inventory of every model. GT is an excellent choice since it’s fully loaded! Only choice is colors and wheels. It’s what I have, Zenith Red/Tahoe/21’s. Love it :)

Also, am I alone in thinking this MIGHT be another lucid rep confusion due to the configurator not being changed?(pure rwd is 2024, but no other models are; this is why pure awd and touring don’t have massaging seat option)

Also, am I alone in thinking this MIGHT be another lucid rep confusion due to the configurator not being changed?(pure rwd is 2024, but no other models are; this is why pure awd and touring don’t have massaging seat option)
With the upcoming release of the Gravity, I am going to give Lucid a little bit of slack. After that, I’m sure the website will be updated and improved.

If the do not offer the Pure in AWD this is a marketing mistake that will hurt sales. The entry level AWD car will be the Touring and considerably more expensive.The higher the price, the lower the volume. Most people living in the northern half of the US want an AWD car that they can use in the snow. Lucid will lose a lot of sales to these people who do not want a higher priced car.

If the do not offer the Pure in AWD this is a marketing mistake that will hurt sales. The entry level AWD car will be the Touring and considerably more expensive.The higher the price, the lower the volume. Most people living in the northern half of the US want an AWD car that they can use in the snow. Lucid will lose a lot of sales to these people who do not want a higher priced car.
Well then those people better get on here to buy the ones in stock already!

I hope this tone isn't what I think it is.

• Hmm
Reactions: DBV
She has a GT. Also, in previous posts, you say you reserved a touring.. which one is it?
Hmm - I think we are allowed to upgrade - right? So, I upgraded from Touring to GT. Think we are allowed to do that - right? 🤣

It appears that they have been strategizing model production carefully.. Excess inventory of higher-line cars... Move to Pure and make intial cars in AWD because it might fit into initial production line easier.... Now they have temporarily shifted new production to Pure RWD. I also wonder if the introduction of Fathom Blue on Pure only made that shift easier as they had already produced a backlog of the other colors in Touring and GT and did not want to offer the option mid-stream.. Maybe not, but interesting question.

I can confirm this. A short hills rep sounded very sure when he said it was being discontinued after I asked.

Just found this out today. So my autographed Pure is even more collector's item now!

Now I wonder if they can software unlock it into a Touring for more hp

Just found this out today. So my autographed Pure is even more collector's item now!

Now I wonder if they can software unlock it into a Touring for more hp
That would be really nice. Offer it as a paid option. I am going to suggest $2000.

That would be really nice. Offer it as a paid option. I am going to suggest $2000.

Perhaps they could do that since it's Pure AWD will no longer be produced so it's not going to encroach on Touring sales. But I wonder if there's legal stuff involving car modifications because even though there's no hardware change, it will be a ~40% hp increase.

Back