Out of Spec - Lots of Good Coverage

That was his drive there, but he did a range test separately and that is the one where I'm not sure of his elevation change.
Actually ignore my last post in response to this one. I checked in ABRP and from Ft Collins to the middle of Nebraska near where he turned around and it’s about a 2000ft elevation drop, but then he has to go that same elevation back up on the way back which will kill efficiency more than the downhill portion adds. It’s a slow incline but it is an incline, totally explains why he was at 4.3 mi/kWH but then ended at 4.0. With that elevation change I’m honestly surprised he got that much range, but I guess it was because it was a very gradual climb back.

Am I alone in being a fan of the navigation? It takes some getting used to but the waypoint planning feature works well, I like the alternate route options, and love the satellite view. Honestly the only thing I hate about it is the part of the UI where it’s too easy to accidentally hide the destination time/miles tab. And I always just shut off the navigation voice. Once they put the turn by turn on the glass cockpit and allow me to keep music on the right hand side I’m gonna be a happy chappy.
Probably 😅

I need Car Play, I conduct a lot business while experiencing windshield time and having my nav, voice texting, etc., using Apple Car Play for many years has me begging to get it in my GT.

Actually ignore my last post in response to this one. I checked in ABRP and from Ft Collins to the middle of Nebraska near where he turned around and it’s about a 2000ft elevation drop, but then he has to go that same elevation back up on the way back which will kill efficiency more than the downhill portion adds. It’s a slow incline but it is an incline, totally explains why he was at 4.3 mi/kWH but then ended at 4.0. With that elevation change I’m honestly surprised he got that much range, but I guess it was because it was a very gradual climb back.
Did he mention that in his video? That's quite a big difference in elevation

Did he mention that in his video? That's quite a big difference in elevation
He mentioned it. Said it really didn’t matter because it’s the same test he puts all the EV’s through. It got down to 3.8 or 3.9 but he called out that he expected to see it go back over 4 at the end once getting past the incline which if did.

I was hoping it would’ve gone further based on InsideEV’s and C&D range tests but at the end of the day it’s still the furthest he’s recorded in any EV range test.

Kyle seems impressed overall with the car and think it even surprised him from when he tested the pre-production Dream. The software and missing lane centering seems to be his biggest gripe which is obviously no surprise to anyone in here. He did mention the car is a risk to buy and also thought that no one would be really interested in buying the tech if Lucid did run out of cash. That I’m not so sure if I agree with him but given he has a popular fanbase it certainly doesn’t help Lucid win over people sitting on the fence between that and a Plaid perhaps.

I believe his dad has one reserved or was thinking about it but given he just got the Plaid who knows. I ignored his GT-P concerns as given Lucid is still producing GT’s it would make sense that they’re prioritizing them before switching to Touring & Pure.

He mentioned it. Said it really didn’t matter because it’s the same test he puts all the EV’s through. It got down to 3.8 or 3.9 but he called out that he expected to see it go back over 4 at the end once getting past the incline which if did.

I was hoping it would’ve gone further based on InsideEV’s and C&D range tests but at the end of the day it’s still the furthest he’s recorded in any EV range test.

Kyle seems impressed overall with the car and think it even surprised him from when he tested the pre-production Dream. The software and missing lane centering seems to be his biggest gripe which is obviously no surprise to anyone in here. He did mention the car is a risk to buy and also thought that no one would be really interested in buying the tech if Lucid did run out of cash. That I’m not so sure if I agree with him but given he has a popular fanbase it certainly doesn’t help Lucid win over people sitting on the fence between that and a Plaid perhaps.

I believe his dad has one reserved or was thinking about it but given he just got the Plaid who knows. I ignored his GT-P concerns as given Lucid is still producing GT’s it would make sense that they’re prioritizing them before switching to Touring & Pure.
Plenty of companies would definitely buy the tech. I really wish they were able to get the new software out to him early, but he still has the car for a bit yet so who knows, maybe they will.

Plenty of companies would definitely buy the tech. I really wish they were able to get the new software out to him early, but he still has the car for a bit yet so who knows, maybe they will.
I agree, even if they can push him a beta version it would go a long ways towards answering his objections. I’m sure Lucid is following his journey and is deciding if they should push it to him. If they don’t, it probably says more about the readiness of the update.

This is absolutely false, cars do not improve efficiency with age. It is most likely your driving style, and your vehicles' computer systems getting used to your driving trends. For the Lucid, likely you were more heavily-footed in the beginning vs now. For the Wrangler, its your ECU calibrating its range based on your driving trends.
I just got my AGT back confirmed with Lucid DA paraphrasing their engineer. “Battery efficiency starts improving at around 2200~2500 odometer miles.” I’m not mechanical engineer nor electrical engineer. They said it, not me.

I agree, even if they can push him a beta version it would go a long ways towards answering his objections. I’m sure Lucid is following his journey and is deciding if they should push it to him. If they don’t, it probably says more about the readiness of the update.
That could also be a double edged-sword though, no? It’s sounds like the next update will have pretty significant structural changes (to improve general performance and lag) in addition to adding missing features. Giving that to a reviewer before it’s fully de-bugged and release-ready might not help in shifting the “software is Lucid’s weakness/Lucid software isn’t ready yet” narrative.

That could also be a double edged-sword though, no? It’s sounds like the next update will have pretty significant structural changes (to improve general performance and lag) in addition to adding missing features. Giving that to a reviewer before it’s fully de-bugged and release-ready might not help in shifting the “software is Lucid’s weakness/Lucid software isn’t ready yet” narrative.
You make a good point. A beta test on the software could have diminishing returns.

Sounds like 2.0 has started rolling out, at least to a limited number of cars, with highway assist now!
For real?! That would be awesome! Because then I can drive my brand new Lucid in the same way I’ve been driving our Teslas for years - with adaptive cruise control with autosteer engaged , otherwise known at one time as “Enhanced Autopilot”.

Very flattering review, especially considering he bought that Plaid for himself.

Very flattering review, especially considering he bought that Plaid for himself.
Yeah, I’m a Frunk person because my kid’s stroller folds up and fits perfectly in the Frunk. And then we can fit everything for a road trip in the trunk with room to spare. I 100% agree with his criticism of the cup holders though!

Yeah, I’m a Frunk person because my kid’s stroller folds up and fits perfectly in the Frunk. And then we can fit everything for a road trip in the trunk with room to spare. I 100% agree with his criticism of the cup holders though!

Even my SA, Mark Sulak in Costa Mesa CA, couldn’t suppress the urge to knock the small size of the front cupholders. It was the first thing he mentioned when climbed into the driver’s seat for the first time.

For real?! That would be awesome! Because then I can drive my brand new Lucid in the same way I’ve been driving our Teslas for years - with adaptive cruise control with autosteer engaged , otherwise known at one time as “Enhanced Autopilot”.
There is a thread in the software forum- a couple of owners have received it already.

It definitely has autosteer (combined with the previously available adaptive cruise). Lane changes are manual.

Even my SA, Mark Sulak in Costa Mesa CA, couldn’t suppress the urge to knock the small size of the front cupholders. It was the first thing he mentioned when climbed into the driver’s seat for the first time.
Was the first thing I noticed as well when I checked out the vehicle at Fashion Island ... they seem small and cumbersome ... don't get me started on the near useless charger. I'll have to rig up a MagSafe charger for use in the vehicle when I "eventually" get mine!

Was the first thing I noticed as well when I checked out the vehicle at Fashion Island ... they seem small and cumbersome ... don't get me started on the near useless charger. I'll have to rig up a MagSafe charger for use in the vehicle when I "eventually" get mine!
I was told the charger is being discussed at higher levels within Lucid. Whether we'll see an adjustment in this generation or will wait for the next who knows, but I don't think that charger is long for the world. Would be good if they designed a new one to go in the same spoke that could be retrofitted. Mine is all chipped at the top, just a bad design overall.

Given the failure rate of 21” and the 100% chance of almost daily pothole impact here in Rhode Island, I’m happy with the 19” even though they look worse than the other wheels. I’ve hit curbs 4 times now (all were my fault, not the car’s), and countless potholes hard, and the rims are still scratch free and no tire damage. These 19” are STRONG. They don’t like being at 49PSI though, they frequently dip to 48 after inflating to 49.
I agree. Glad with my choice of 19". Pressures always drop with falling temperatures as the weather cools.

I scanned through his whole livestream of the range test. Before getting down to 4% SOC he had to exit/get back up to 70mph a total of 8 times while avoiding rain and construction. In this car, it loses a lot of kW accelerating from standstill to 70mph unless you do it super slow, like I’d guess 1% SOC is lost each time. I think the exits he had to take and then get back up to speed combined with a little battery degradation makes the results make perfect sense that he got “only” 435.5 miles. I think in Tom’s DE R test he only exited once if I remember correctly?

I scanned through his whole livestream of the range test. Before getting down to 4% SOC he had to exit/get back up to 70mph a total of 8 times while avoiding rain and construction. In this car, it loses a lot of kW accelerating from standstill to 70mph unless you do it super slow, like I’d guess 1% SOC is lost each time. I think the exits he had to take and then get back up to speed combined with a little battery degradation makes the results make perfect sense that he got “only” 435.5 miles. I think in Tom’s DE R test he only exited once if I remember correctly?
There was only one exit. We just drove to Asheville. My suspicions of on and off ramp acceleration matched my instant mpg dropping to mid teens on flat/uphill sections and mid twenties on downhill sections when accelerating. The car normally averages at 54 mpg for steady 70+ mph driving.

It would be nice if Kyle redid the test to match how he drove other cars (maybe 2-3 on and off ramps). Having to cancel the day before probably had him gnawing on the bit to get it done.

Back