Out of Spec - Lots of Good Coverage

That's curious about your Tidal and Spotify. Mine does not do that. My playlists always start on the last song that was playing. I am using my own playlists and they are all on shuffle. I think I did notice that on Tidal when I used a couple of their playlists.
Tidal doesn’t remember setting and always have to re-shuffle when you start, I wish they can fix that. Also adding Pandora app would be nice too.

Am I alone in being a fan of the navigation? It takes some getting used to but the waypoint planning feature works well, I like the alternate route options, and love the satellite view. Honestly the only thing I hate about it is the part of the UI where it’s too easy to accidentally hide the destination time/miles tab. And I always just shut off the navigation voice. Once they put the turn by turn on the glass cockpit and allow me to keep music on the right hand side I’m gonna be a happy chappy.
I am a newbie with owning the car for about a week, but I too am enjoying the Nav. However, after spending some time with the ABRP app, I really wish I could go in and modify certain attributes which impact the range. This include the weight to reflect a passenger, luggage, spare tire, etc. Also, I wish I could modify the mileage efficiency factor (i.e., input what I am actually averaging now (3.6 m/KWH instead of its EPA rating of 4.6). Also, I wish I could define how much the charge level should be when I am predicted to arrive at a charging station. Being new to the car and not trusting the EA stations, my thinking is that I would like to have at least 20% state of charge remaining as I arrive at an EA station. That way, I should have enough to find and get to another EV station if the first is not working or is full. I would also like to be able to imput a couple of weather factors such wind, rain, snow and temperature since I understand these can greatly impact the range. Finally, I hope that the Lucid Nav takes into account the topogrraphical changes the way ABRP does. Since I plan on crossing the Rockies many times with this car to visit on my kids and her family in Denver, this will have a significant impact on certain legs of the trip. By the way, for those not familar with ABRP (which stands for "A Better Route Planner"), everything on my Lucid Nav wish list above is in the ABRP app.

Kyle’s math actually works. 109kw (assuming degradation of 2kw + 1kw left over as buffer) x 4.0 mi/kWH = 436 miles of range. The problem is the car should be doing better mi/kWh than that. Honestly I think part of the issue was a few exits and re-entry getting up to 70mph, plus very slow passing of semi trailers and semis whip up crazy turbulence and it would take him a couple minutes to pass each one, so that probably hurt the aero. He had gone up to 4.3mi/kWH when he was half way done but then some factor screwed the efficiency for the second half of the trip. His AC was 68-72 on auto so that couldn’t have burned much but I’m not sure what the ambient temperature was.

I think Tom got 4.4 mi kWh on the DE R or was it higher?
He got 500 on 118 kwh, so 4.24. Honestly not much different and Tom only stopped once from what I remember. Also, Tom's elevation change was only 100 feet in AZ. Did not hear what Kyle's elevation difference was

No big deal, it’s still the most efficient/best range EV sedan you can buy, but 500 miles may not be achievable without resorting to hypermiling torture.

As we're living with the car I'm finding it easier and easier to quit worrying about how many miles/kWh I'm pulling, because the car has plenty of range to keep me on the road as long as my body can make it without breaks and without watching speed too closely.

Yesterday we drove over 200 miles on a round trip across Alligator Alley in Florida. We left with an 88% charge and got back home with 32% remaining. We drove mostly with traffic -- usually 80-85 mph -- and on occasion topping 100 mph when breaking out of a pack to settle into more open road. We were running A/C in 91º heat and giving the audio system as workout as we compared Tidal to other streaming sources. We also enabled the cabin temperature maintenance feature on a couple of long shopping stopovers so that the A/C would run while we were out of the car.

Our measured average efficiency wasn't great -- 2.9 m/kWh -- but this is the way we are most comfortable driving on the highway, and the range let's us do it without any worry. As long as we have no risk of not making it to a charging station, I'd much rather drive the Lucid for extended periods the way I would drive a high-performance ICE car. We cannot do that in our Model S Plaid without some nail biting. We can in our Lucid Dream.

Kyle achieve about 83 to 84% of Lucid's rating. I wonder what he achieved on other cars that he has tested. That would be a better indicator of efficiency comparsions since they would have all been tested on the same loop. Now, weather and temperature is another topic for discussion...

Am I alone in being a fan of the navigation? It takes some getting used to but the waypoint planning feature works well, I like the alternate route options, and love the satellite view.

Ditto on the satellite view, but how do you select an alternate route?

We have the 1.2.21 update, and the Nav system still messes up route planning. When we leave home to head east across the state to the Miami area, the Nav system properly routes us by the shortest and quickest route. However, when we get to our destination and call up the return route, the system invariably takes us over 20 miles further west before exiting the interstate and then backtracks us on busy roads to our house, adding over 30 miles to the return trip while also putting us in much heavier traffic. However, if we stop midway along the return route for a snack break, when we get back in the car the route resets to the same (and proper) route it used to bring us over.

Kyle achieve about 83 to 84% of Lucid's rating. I wonder what he achieved on other cars that he has tested. That would be a better indicator of efficiency comparsions since they would have all been tested on the same loop. Now, weather and temperature is another topic for discussion...

We've done back-to-back highway-speed (80 mph) range tests on Alligator Alley on the same day under the same conditions (speed, temperature, traffic load, wind conditions, accessory use) in our Model S Plaid and our Lucid Air Dream Edition (both with 21" wheels). The Plaid gets about 70% of its rated range in those conditions, and the Lucid gets 74-75% of its rated range.

We've done back-to-back highway-speed (80 mph) range tests on Alligator Alley on the same day under the same conditions (speed, temperature, traffic load, wind conditions, accessory use) in our Model S Plaid and our Lucid Air Dream Edition (both with 21" wheels). The Plaid gets about 70% of its rated range in those conditions, and the Lucid gets 74-75% of its rated range.

I love reading stuff like this! As sort of a corollary, our older (2018 build), Model Xs and Model S get efficiency numbers similar to your S Plaid, around 70% at 80 mph, airconditioning at 69 degrees, ambient temperature, 70 degrees. If I dial the speed back to 70 mph, I get closer to 80% of rated range, but who wants to do that, slow down?

I’ve had my GT less than a week so I’ll have to do more driving. Based on your remarks, I’m figuring I’ll be about as efficient in my GT at 85 mph as I would be in our Teslas at 80 mph.

As sort of a corollary, our older (2018 build), Model Xs and Model S get efficiency numbers similar to your S Plaid . . . .

I do think the Plaid is a bit more efficient than our 2015 Model S P90D, which we also range-tested on Alligator Alley. They both got about 70% of rated range, but the 2015 was on 19" wheels with narrower tires (245 mm all around, while the Plaid has 265 mm in front and 295 mm in rear).

if you think you can drive 400+ miles straight without taking a break at charge station to pee or get coffee, you might as well bring a trailer like this for backup.

B78826DF-C0F1-4992-8A55-C5AABAD2CE93.jpeg

We have the 1.2.21 update, and the Nav system still messes up route planning. When we leave home to head east across the state to the Miami area, the Nav system properly routes us by the shortest and quickest route. However, when we get to our destination and call up the return route, the system invariably takes us over 20 miles further west before exiting the interstate and then backtracks us on busy roads to our house, adding over 30 miles to the return trip while also putting us in much heavier traffic. However, if we stop midway along the return route for a snack break, when we get back in the car the route resets to the same (and proper) route it used to bring us over.
I think Luci just has a mind of her own. She loves to drive so picks a longer route! LOL

It’s not 100% consistent, but most of the time when I type in a destination, it calculates for a few seconds then offers me 3 route choices on the pilot panel arranged in priority of fastest route, and will display anticipated traffic and miles for each. B

This is absolutely false, cars do not improve efficiency with age. It is most likely your driving style, and your vehicles' computer systems getting used to your driving trends. For the Lucid, likely you were more heavily-footed in the beginning vs now. For the Wrangler, its your ECU calibrating its range based on your driving trends.
This one… actually does. I know, it surprised me too, but multiple Lucid employees have now confirmed that efficiency improves once you’ve driven 2k-3k miles. It doesn’t *keep improving* after that, of course, but there is a “wear in” period for the motors.

This one… actually does. I know, it surprised me too, but multiple Lucid employees have now confirmed that efficiency improves once you’ve driven 2k-3k miles. It doesn’t *keep improving* after that, of course, but there is a “wear in” period for the motors.
thats explains the computer systems initially adapting to your driving style and calibrating the drive unit as you drive. it happens to all cars with computers, especially EVs in order to maximize effiency, but unlikely to do with actual age or wear on any motors, drivetrains, etc.

for EVs like Lucid, its effiencies can also technically keep improving based on software OTA updates that focus on improving efficiencies which may sometimes take some time of road time to fully take effect. this has been seen several times with multiple other EVs already.

I just finished my mini test of my new Lucid AGT's battery effeciency. The results are posted at https://lucidowners.com/threads/a-new-adventure-startes.2801/#post-68740

I will go in to manage the route and add a stop along the route I want the car to take, and it will recalculate and go my preferred route.

He got 500 on 118 kwh, so 4.24. Honestly not much different and Tom only stopped once from what I remember. Also, Tom's elevation change was only 100 feet in AZ. Did not hear what Kyle's elevation difference was
Palm Springs is basically sea level, so he gained about 11,000 feet for the first 80% of the drive---the last 20% from continental divide to Denver metro is 11,000 down to 5,280

Palm Springs is basically sea level, so he gained about 11,000 feet for the first 80% of the drive---the last 20% from continental divide to Denver metro is 11,000 down to 5,280
That was his drive there, but he did a range test separately and that is the one where I'm not sure of his elevation change.

That was his drive there, but he did a range test separately and that is the one where I'm not sure of his elevation change.
Got it! But I think his mileage figures pretty stout considering he was going relentlessly uphill for 80% of the drive

I think the loop he does has about a 700ft elevation change but then he goes back down the same route in a loop to offset it. However going downhill in an EV doesn’t balance out the power used going uphill. It’s tough to do a perfect 70mph range test though without a track. I think most of the efficiency loss was in the second half of the test in which I think he exited and re-entered the highway a couple times, justifiably so to avoid a construction zone and rain.

It was a good test there were just some variables that I think made the range less that it should be.

Back