Out of Spec - Lots of Good Coverage

thecodingart

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AGT
Referral Code
JWJOWFN3
I think a YouTube video was just uploaded, but noticed Kyle from Out of Spec Reviews got a Lucid recently and has been doing some fairly positive media coverage on it alongside some other YouTubers: https://twitter.com/itskyleconner?s=21&t=q2iTAaLUbylt5cvDedDufg

Edit:

Here’s some stuff on his recent road trip:

I saw this too. Super excited to hear coverage about the car while I wait for my order. He has one of the best eletric car review channels out there, if not the best.

I think a YouTube video was just uploaded, but noticed Kyle from Out of Spec Reviews got a Lucid recently and has been doing some fairly positive media coverage on it alongside some other YouTubers: https://twitter.com/itskyleconner?s=21&t=q2iTAaLUbylt5cvDedDufg

Edit:

Here’s some stuff on his recent road trip:
Yeah, his assessment is fair and reasonable, glad he focuses on the positives which are well deserved, and acknowledges Lucid is working hard to improve the software. I guess I have more tolerance for the software problems than some, I honestly don’t think the software itself is THAT bad, it’s only the glitchiness/lag that wears you down. And Kyle reserved a GT P based on how impressed he was with the car! (but then thought it was a red flag they offered him a car as soon as December?).

Last edited:
Am I alone in being a fan of the navigation? It takes some getting used to but the waypoint planning feature works well, I like the alternate route options, and love the satellite view. Honestly the only thing I hate about it is the part of the UI where it’s too easy to accidentally hide the destination time/miles tab. And I always just shut off the navigation voice. Once they put the turn by turn on the glass cockpit and allow me to keep music on the right hand side I’m gonna be a happy chappy.

Am I alone in being a fan of the navigation? It takes some getting used to but the waypoint planning feature works well, I like the alternate route options, and love the satellite view. Honestly the only thing I hate about it is the part of the UI where it’s too easy to accidentally hide the destination time/miles tab. And I always just shut off the navigation voice. Once they put the turn by turn on the glass cockpit and allow me to keep music on the right hand side I’m gonna be a happy chappy.
I wish we were just able to lower the navigation volume..apart from just having the mute option

Kyle's video had me excited about the possibility of getting my GT again. And slightly sickened about having to take it with 19" wheels instead of 20".

Amen to that. Between the Nav, Tidal/Spotify (playing from the first song always), BT+Keyfob, bootup times, profile switching, the shine is starting to lose its luster!!!
2.0 is going to be a wild improvement, from what I’ve heard through the grapevine.

I agree on all points. Only thing I hate is the lag, but that’s getting fixed soon, I’m told.

Probably not, but I want to say yes… because the navigation is simply awful.

Kyle's video had me excited about the possibility of getting my GT again. And slightly sickened about having to take it with 19" wheels instead of 20".
Given the failure rate of 21” and the 100% chance of almost daily pothole impact here in Rhode Island, I’m happy with the 19” even though they look worse than the other wheels. I’ve hit curbs 4 times now (all were my fault, not the car’s), and countless potholes hard, and the rims are still scratch free and no tire damage. These 19” are STRONG. They don’t like being at 49PSI though, they frequently dip to 48 after inflating to 49.

Watching now, but who would “loan” a reviewer their car for 2 weeks, PLUS the fact they had to drive it first 1000 miles to CO?

Watching now, but who would “loan” a reviewer their car for 2 weeks, PLUS the fact they had to drive it first 1000 miles to CO?
Might be some deal he worked out. Sounds like out of spec detailing is going to do a paint correction PPF/ceramic video of it, and the owner was on vacation, so maybe as part of letting Kyle test the car every which way he gets free PPF/Ceramic out of the deal?

I just got my car yesterday and just have 250 miles or so on it but so far, I think it is pretty darn gone.

Might be some deal he worked out. Sounds like out of spec detailing is going to do a paint correction PPF/ceramic video of it, and the owner was on vacation, so maybe as part of letting Kyle test the car every which way he gets free PPF/Ceramic out of the deal?
Did the owner expect drag racing?😩

Did the owner expect drag racing?😩
I’d let Kyle do it on my car if he covered the tires/wheels. I wouldn’t let him track the car, but straight line is fine. He’s putting the 21” on them too for that purpose, and I’m sure there’s some special insurance arrangement they made. I wouldn’t be surprised if by the end of the year we saw a cannonball run in the Lucid from Kyle or someone, he did it before in someone’s Taycan.

I’d let Kyle do it on my car if he covered the tires/wheels. I wouldn’t let him track the car, but straight line is fine. He’s putting the 21” on them too for that purpose, and I’m sure there’s some special insurance arrangement they made. I wouldn’t be surprised if by the end of the year we saw a cannonball run in the Lucid from Kyle or someone, he did it before in someone’s Taycan.
If I could ride with them on the cannonball, I would let them take mine. It would be cool to see that part of the country.

Here's a new one about charging and the paint.

TLDR: paint is super thin in some areas (cantrails and hood)

Can you reject a car based on the paint job? I have a shop near me ready to do PPF and tinting.

Back