OTA version 2.1.33

What a disappointment. Here I thought this update was being hyped for a reason. No need to let us know something like this is "coming soon".
Hyped? That didn’t happen. It was simply marked as “coming soon” on my website, which is independent of Lucid.

So many armchair quarterbacks. I’m sure the car company you started is thriving.
I have been through this with Tesla and I thought Lucid might be different, I purchased FSD in 2016 and still to today it does not exist as it was sold to me. When a $30k Hyundai Elantra offers better Driver Assistance features than a $140k Lucid Air there is a problem. I keep waiting for updates and then we get updates like this one. I am sorry if you do not agree but Lucid needs to start to step up its game.

Hyped? That didn’t happen. It was simply marked as “coming soon” on my website, which is independent of Lucid.
In fairness, as a joke, several of us (including myself) hyped it. Unfortunately humor is often lost in Internet forums.

I was excited to get my Lucid, and want to love it... I understand patience is necessary, but the car still seems half-baked. A roadtrip this week with horrible onboard navigation and terrible Airplay operation makes things frustrating.. Of course you can use Waze or Google maps, but that requires effort to switchover when I am using Tidal streaming screens... Trying to dictate to Siri is like communicating with a hearing-impaired interpreter.

This was a huge complaint from a lot of folks. Seems subtle, but if this is actually fixed, it's a pretty big deal.
I couldn't agree more. This is a big deal especially if you stream music in the car via Tidal, SXM, ect.
I do think Lucid could knock out a lot of these seemingly smaller items with relatively low effort, rather than always going for the "tentpole" items. Though, as evidenced here, then people will just say "It's been X months, and nothing really important has been done." Blah blah.

They literally can't win, no matter what they do. So might as well just keep doing what they are doing.
💯💯💯

All this Lucid better do this or do that is getting BEYOND TIRED! Look, we all invested and purchased a fantastic car with the best EV technology on the market from a START UP!! WTF did you crybabies think you were getting into? Ugh! Excuse my fire this morning but reading post after post of entitlement is getting OLD!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was excited to get my Lucid, and want to love it... I understand patience is necessary, but the car still seems half-baked. A roadtrip this week with horrible onboard navigation and terrible Airplay operation makes things frustrating.. Of course you can use Waze or Google maps, but that requires effort to switchover when I am using Tidal streaming screens... Trying to dictate to Siri is like communicating with a hearing-impaired interpreter.
Correct me if im wrong, but isnt most of that on apple and not Lucid?

In fairness, as a joke, several of us (including myself) hyped it. Unfortunately humor is often lost in Internet forums.
One man's hype is another man's failure

That mood lighting is such an underwhelming feature any way. Surprised anyone even notices it other than on the console.
If you want something like the EQS, you will be disappointed. And to me, thats a good thing. I like how understated it is.

There is something problematic with the microphone or interface with Apple Car Play on the Lucid which we have not experienced in other cars. CarPlay and Siri dictation perform quite well in my wife's Macan. Siri also worked very well in my other cars before the Lucid... Siri even works better with an aftermarket radio in an old Mercedes 560sl we own. I understand that CarPlay and Siri are Apple products, but getting them to properly interface with Lucid system and microphone has been an issue for us and Lucid knows this... Lucid tech support suggested turning off Car Play when using phone. I pray that the update to Car Play II at some point will remedy this

The navigation prompts are also a big improvement. I am not wild about the new navigation voice though.
Did they go with a more mechanical/robotic voice? This happened to my Electrified Genesis via an OTA update. The voice prior was quite nice, but became robotic after the update.

There is something problematic with the microphone or interface with Apple Car Play on the Lucid which we have not experienced in other cars. CarPlay and Siri dictation perform quite well in my wife's Macan. Siri also worked very well in my other cars before the Lucid... Siri even works better with an aftermarket radio in an old Mercedes 560sl we own. I understand that CarPlay and Siri are Apple products, but getting them to properly interface with Lucid system and microphone has been an issue for us and Lucid knows this... Lucid tech support suggested turning off Car Play when using phone. I pray that the update to Car Play II at some point will remedy this
I've actually found the Siri dictation to be almost always spot on in my Lucid. Perhaps it's an issue with your particular car?

Thanks, I will add that to my list of issues when I take car in for service..

Did they go with a more mechanical/robotic voice? This happened to my Electrified Genesis via an OTA update. The voice prior was quite nice, but became robotic after the update.
It is still a female voice, it just sounds nervous and raspy to me so it is not a good fit for a navigation prompt.

It is still a female voice, it just sounds nervous and raspy to me so it is not a good fit for a navigation prompt.
Dang, I liked the last one. It was so sexy and silky!

In my opinion it’s quite nice the way it is and seriously doubt that adding more colors is on anyone’s priority list at Lucid. My Rivian only has one color, white.

I just want to see what we have now improved, then we can worry about new features.
Different strokes for different folks. I’d prefer the accent color controls be buried in the settings and not wasting pilot panel screen space because it is just not something I want to change. The last time I set it was in the first week of ownership.

When this came up in the Genesis forums, it was suggested that the voice was a choice made by the mapping company and not Genesis. Why, who knows? I'm assuming that's what happened here. I doubt Lucid had any control over this.

Back