2.1.33 Navigation Audio

LucidGandalf

Cars
After the 2.1.33 update, has anyone noticed the navigation audio voice sounds like over compressed audio? the voice used to be silky smooth and now it sounds like scratchy lo-fi audio.

After the 2.1.33 update, has anyone noticed the navigation audio voice sounds like over compressed audio? the voice used to be silky smooth and now it sounds like scratchy lo-fi audio.
Yes. I don’t use the voice nav. But after several reports here I decided to try it out. And indeed, the sound is clipping. Full on digital distortion. At any volume. Hope they address that for the folks who like voice prompts while navigating. That would drive me nuts.

Navigation ever since update has bugs. Not showing some of the charging stations. Also, the maps seem off and delayed. Voice prompts also need a lot of improvement to sound more natural.

I hope there is option to choose male, female and ethnicity voice just like Alexa.

I also noticed lower quality voice navigation after the update. Before the update the prompts were more pleasant to listen to. I take it as work in progress and it will improve eventually with subsequent updates.
As far as wish list goes, I would like the voice navigation play over music (having music slightly lower) rather than pausing the radio entirely.

My biggest issue after the update has been that out of everything else on the maps, it is the gas stations that tend to jump out the most and have special treatment applied to them. Lucid needs to understand that folks driving EVs really don't care so much about gas stations anymore.

You know what I’d use - Gandalf the Gray from LOTR. THOU SHALL TURN RIGHT AT THE THIRD LIGHT ⚡🧙‍♂️
Yeah except it was the SECOND LIGHT that we should have turned!!🤣🤣🤣

Had that happen a couple times after the new update - it didn't seem to improve accuracy of directions🙄

I also noticed lower quality voice navigation after the update. Before the update the prompts were more pleasant to listen to. I take it as work in progress and it will improve eventually with subsequent updates.
As far as wish list goes, I would like the voice navigation play over music (having music slightly lower) rather than pausing the radio entirely.
Exactly the same thing happened when I owned my Genesis electrified G80. A navigation update also brought with it a change from the previous pleasant voice to a more robotic voice. The Genesis forum was filled with the same complaints we see here. The consensus was that this was a byproduct of the company that provides the mapping software and not Genesis. That doesn’t fix the issue, but it gives a direction as to where the fault lies.

Glad I'm not the only one, I thought I was going crazy. For me it's not just that it's "scratchy lo-fi audio", but 95% of the time for me it's super low volume so I can barely hear it. Best way to describe it is that it sounds like a "loose speaker wire". That is, I thought it was just much quieter, but when I turned the volume up, every now and then it will sort of "jolt on" for a bit so that it gets super loud (i.e. normal volume, but I just turned it up because normally the nav audio is barely audible) - again using the analogy of "loose speaker wire" it's as if the wire was in contact again for a moment.

Yet I actually don't think it's a physical connection issue, as I don't hear this problem with any other audio (not with music or other sounds from the car), and it only started with the new voice in the 2.1.33 update. Therefore I think it's something about the way the audio is compressed that the speakers aren't amplifying it correctly. Not an "audio guy" so don't know if any of this makes sense, but yeah the 2.1.33 nav audio voice change was a big problem for me mainly because I can barely hear it.

Thanks for sharing! hopefully the silky smooth navigation voice comes back.

I also started getting the audio volume jolt you’re describing after they released the feature to control navigation volume separately from music volume. That predates 2.1.33. I haven’t gotten that recently but I also haven’t needed navigation recently.

Back