OTA version 2.1.33

IMG_0634.webp

Attachments

• IMG_0635.webp
    IMG_0635.webp
    83.6 KB · Views: 139
I received the OTA this morning. I’ll continue to be disappointed until Highway Assist is fixed. I get the feeling that I’ll be disappointed for a long time and fail to understand why they don’t put it back the way it was if they can’t figure out how to fix lane biasing.

Nothing here exciting to me... After a year of ownership I am starting to feel we will never get access to Cameras via the app. I would love some simple but helpful features like the ability to move the car forward and backwards in tight spots, The ability to use self steering on local roads that have clear lines in the road, I would love to be able to control the color of the accent lighting and other useful additions like an equalizer, Android Auto, etc. It's funny the OS is Android and we have Apple Car Play but no Android Auto.

Nothing here exciting to me... After a year of ownership I am starting to feel we will never get access to Cameras via the app. I would love some simple but helpful features like the ability to move the car forward and backwards in tight spots, The ability to use self steering on local roads that have clear lines in the road, I would love to be able to control the color of the accent lighting and other useful additions like an equalizer, Android Auto, etc. It's funny the OS is Android and we have Apple Car Play but no Android Auto.
Depending on how long you plan on owning your car, I agree that you won’t see most of those features. I can control my accent lights in my GT and didn’t realize that other trims don’t have that feature.

Depending on how long you plan on owning your car, I agree that you won’t see most of those features. I can control my accent lights in my GT and didn’t realize that other trims don’t have that feature.
I have a GT but there is only a handful of settings and none are to my liking. My MB gives you RGB Control and that is what the Lucid should have.

Agreed on excitement. There are many features that I would appreciate more than this update, but there have to be some folks who were putting pressure on these items.

The big 3.0 update will likely be the first chance, not a guarantee, of the things people have expressed desire for most: sentry mode, more/better ADAS features, Android Auto, better music equalizer, etc.

...It's funny the OS is Android and we have Apple Car Play but no Android Auto.
Eve more odd that we don't have native Google maps, navigation, and Assistant. Instead we get HERE and Alexa, which in my experience are unreliable.

Last edited:
The navigation prompts are also a big improvement. I am not wild about the new navigation voice though.

I have a GT but there is only a handful of settings and none are to my liking. My MB gives you RGB Control and that is what the Lucid should have.
In my opinion it’s quite nice the way it is and seriously doubt that adding more colors is on anyone’s priority list at Lucid. My Rivian only has one color, white.

I just want to see what we have now improved, then we can worry about new features.

The hand-off between WiFi and LTE improves Tidal streaming as well as SXM stream mentioned in the release notes. Not a big deal but a nice improvement.
A welcomed improvement for Tidal. I can't wait until I get this update.

Last edited:
The navigation prompts are also a big improvement. I am not wild about the new navigation voice though.
You listen to her? I turn mine off. Tell my wife: "I don't need another woman telling me what to do.".

All in good humor though. I can't stand a male voice even more for any navigation, assistant, etc. Hope they never go down that road because I really won't turn it on then.

I would put this on page 200 of things they need to do. But sure.

Agree, and hopefully they get these done by the time the Gravity is into production. If they want Gravity to sell, Android Auto is definetly needed. I'm guessing they will have a major update again before Gravity comes out.

The hand-off between WiFi and LTE improves Tidal streaming as well as SXM stream mentioned in the release notes. Not a big deal but a nice improvement.
This was a huge complaint from a lot of folks. Seems subtle, but if this is actually fixed, it's a pretty big deal.

I do think Lucid could knock out a lot of these seemingly smaller items with relatively low effort, rather than always going for the "tentpole" items. Though, as evidenced here, then people will just say "It's been X months, and nothing really important has been done." Blah blah.

They literally can't win, no matter what they do. So might as well just keep doing what they are doing.

This was a huge complaint from a lot of folks. Seems subtle, but if this is actually fixed, it's a pretty big deal.

I do think Lucid could knock out a lot of these seemingly smaller items with relatively low effort, rather than always going for the "tentpole" items. Though, as evidenced here, then people will just say "It's been X months, and nothing really important has been done." Blah blah.

They literally can't win, no matter what they do. So might as well just keep doing what they are doing.
True.. Lucid Sales are lacking and the stock price on the company is plummeting. If they don't start rolling out some things to bring some new excitement to the brand there may not be a future. There are lots of things they could do that would take very little resources to give users improvements to keep users happy. Its a great car but it can be better and I am personally getting bored waiting for features that are on cheaper cars that our cars should have. I have personally thought about cutting my loses and sell my 1 year old car for $40,000 less than I paid. There are many used Lucid Air's on the market and maybe Lucid would retain many of these users if they planned rollouts better or had better communication on when promised features will come. Heck maybe sales reps just lied to sell a car. When I asked about summon features which was very important to me I was told it would be rolling out in the future. Well I guess if it takes 5 years that would be "in the future" but I wont own the car by then.

Back