OTA version 2.1.33

I wonder if the update would increase or decrease my usual calculated range/remaining miles. Still waiting for the update to come to my baby.
I just received mine about an hour ago. It's coming.

That is literally not how it works in any other car, other than Tesla - I think? Is there another car that does it this way?

Rivian does that too.
Push all the way = turn
Light tap = cancel turn
Push opposite way = cancel turn

Polestar has stiff stalk, won’t allow tapping.

Lucid has same mechanism as Tesla and Rivian allowing light tap in either direction.

I am still waiting on update also. Is there a sequence Lucid follows for updating cars or is it random?

I am still waiting on update also. Is there a sequence Lucid follows for updating cars or is it random?
Completely random

My BMW M4
OK, I stand corrected - but still, the vast vast majority of cars have the cancel in the opposite direction, not the same direction.

Rivian does that too.
Push all the way = turn
Light tap = cancel turn
Push opposite way = cancel turn

Polestar has stiff stalk, won’t allow tapping.

Lucid has same mechanism as Tesla and Rivian allowing light tap in either direction.
Rivian and Lucid agree, then, on the turn signal cancel being opposite direction. Only Tesla seems to cancel in the same direction, and apparently the BMW M4?

OK, I stand corrected - but still, the vast vast majority of cars have the cancel in the opposite direction, not the same direction.

Rivian and Lucid agree, then, on the turn signal cancel being opposite direction. Only Tesla seems to cancel in the same direction, and apparently the BMW M4?
I mean, if the m4 does it, it is safe to say the rest of the m and potentially bmw brand may as well.

To be clear, Tesla and BMW do both, not just same direction. This would not be a problem for anyone who is used to canceling in the other direction. That would continue to work.

But it is nice having it cancel in the same direction as well. I got used to it quickly, and I did like it.

To be clear, Tesla and BMW do both, not just same direction. This would not be a problem for anyone who is used to canceling in the other direction. That would continue to work.

But it is nice having it cancel in the same direction as well. I got used to it quickly, and I did like it.
This is correct (at least for my car). You can cancel the turn signal by flicking the stalk in either direction. That was the behavior I was used to before the Air and usually the same direction so I didn't turn on the signal in the other direction. I felt bad for the other drivers behind me in my first month of owning the Air.

I mean Rivian does it Tesla way to, you can cancel by switching either directions — light tap same direction, or flip to opposite direction.

Personally, I don’t see this as big deal. Just opposite direction make sense for me already.

Ahhhhhhh, I see. I'd be fine with that. I thought the hope was to switch directions and that I wasn't ok with haha - the vast majority of cars, including those with mechanical stalks, always cancel in the opposite direction. Having another option is fine, but I'd be miffed if that one went away.

Anyone feel like the new navigation voice in 2.1.33 is grating?
I really don't like to hear it - cold, unfriendly and a little distorted or fuzzed.

Last edited:
Anyone feel like the new navigation voice in 2.1.33 is grating? really don't like to hear it - cold, unfriendly and a little distorted or fuzzed.
I think it is raspy and nervous sounding. I do not like it either.

Ahhhhhhh, I see. I'd be fine with that. I thought the hope was to switch directions and that I wasn't ok with haha - the vast majority of cars, including those with mechanical stalks, always cancel in the opposite direction. Having another option is fine, but I'd be miffed if that one went away.
Sometimes I do half push for a lane change and if I haven't finished my lane change, I push it again all the way in the same direction to keep it going. I like the current setup although I wish they changed the half push to 5 'blinks' rather than the current 3 which seems bit too fast for a lane change.

Sometimes I do half push for a lane change and if I haven't finished my lane change, I push it again all the way in the same direction to keep it going. I like the current setup although I wish they changed the half push to 5 'blinks' rather than the current 3 which seems bit too fast for a lane change.
You could just hold it there half way and the blinker will turn off as soon as you let go. That's what I usually do with lane changes.

I think it is raspy and nervous sounding. I do not like it either.
I bet it’s the same voice used after an OTA update for my former Genesis EV. It got the same chilly reception on the Genesis forum.

Anyone feel like the new navigation voice in 2.1.33 is grating?
I really don't like to hear it - cold, unfriendly and a little distorted or fuzzed.
I always use apple car play Google maps and then turn off sound so it’s just visual directions

Back